Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC, 2017 JGC, 2020 Wr JL
Occupation
Hard. It’s Work, isn’t it?
Vehicle Showcase
Crisp air, snow's coming - installed Rhino-Rack Vortex SG59 rails for snow junk. Easy-peasy ( < 30 mins, by myself, in driveway.)

But... Truthin? I spent more @#$%@#$% hours diggin and reading forums about (1) racking up to the fiberglass hardtop on its rain gutters, and then (2) figgerin' if I could move it to the back, instead of over the front panels. What I discovered was way too many folks lawyerin' about possible damage, et cetera, et cetera.

In the end, Rhino-Rack updated their own install instructions for rear mount option - (move front rail to rear position), so they must've checked and are okay with it.

So, if fretting over this, don't. They are a nice, snug (yes, a good thing), clean install. Quiet as death on the highway - Thule Snowpack Extenders fit perfectly, no issues. Bring on the thunder-snow.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0395

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0396

HiLow1Go

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I pushed the bumper out slightly bu putting the backing plates between the bumper and the frame (should be the same as the Warn winch plate). I made a couple of (ugly) brackets from some aluminum angle I had for the bottom connection. I figured they really only keep it in place and didn’t need to be real strong.

Scott

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EE49EF63-AB85-4F7F-A464-563CE54CB631

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EE49EF63-AB85-4F7F-A464-563CE54CB631
Thanks!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
@ATXRubican i need more info on your fenders, liners etc. Can you PM me the details and some extra pics. Looks awesome.
Me too! That looks awesome.
He used the AAL (American Adventure Labs) highline fender braces with integrated sequential LEDs and the Artec inner liners.

I installed the same braces/lights and the same companies inner fender liners front and back. These lights require chopping of the front fenders.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200815_110338_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200815_110458
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200827_085847
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200827_085921
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200628_200652_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200628_200601_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200831_105612
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200831_104148

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
@Headbarcode
  1. On the stock fenders you have to just remove the inner plastic section, correct? Was that hard?
  2. I have watched the YT video of WAL doing the turn signals so I think I can accomplish that
  3. Are the fender liners bolt on or do they take some work with rivets and riv nuts like the other ones?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
@Headbarcode
  1. On the stock fenders you have to just remove the inner plastic section, correct? Was that hard?
  2. I have watched the YT video of WAL doing the turn signals so I think I can accomplish that
  3. Are the fender liners bolt on or do they take some work with rivets and riv nuts like the other ones?
1. Yes, the upper fender gets split from the lower half. They are plastic welded together. Wasn’t hard at all.
2. Go towards the bottom of the highline LEDs product page on the American Adventure Labs site. It's the best video I've come across.
3. Each liner comes with 4 mounting brackets that replace specific factory white fender clips along the main mounting flange on the body. They come with pre-installed nutcerts and stainless Allen button head machine screws. I chose to replace all the white clips to utilize the fender retention hardware kits. I purchased a nutcert tool to install them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00RCPVLKE?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title#

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
@Headbarcode
Just an FYI. @Xtremetj has a new set of rear liners he is selling for a good price.