First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

We got the Passenger Side Catalytic Converter (68252389AG) pulled out, it was bent and the honeycomb was damaged inside, then swapped in a new one. Easy install, just in a tight spot to work in.

Ingrum

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport; 2018 Jaguar F Pace
Is that bumper for a JL? The secondary bars look like they partially block the headlights.
Yes, it's for a JL. I took the picture at an odd angle to avoid the sun. There's no shadow from the headlights.

azredzone

First Name
Terrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Yes, it's for a JL. I took the picture at an odd angle to avoid the sun. There's no shadow from the headlights.
I see what @GtX is talking about. No shadows, but it looks like the side bar coming off the main bar is a little too high and covers the bottom portion of your headlight.

Reactions: GtX

Ingrum

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport; 2018 Jaguar F Pace
I see what @GtX is talking about. No shadows, but it looks like the side bar coming off the main bar is a little too high and covers the bottom portion of your headlight.
I agree. Looks odd, but I've haven't run into any issues (that I can see from the driver's seat). The issue I have with my headlights is that I replaced them with LEDs and the increased height of the Jeep and the brighter LEDs annoys oncoming drivers and I constantly get flashed by them thinking I have my brights on.

azredzone

First Name
Terrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I agree. Looks odd, but I've haven't run into any issues (that I can see from the driver's seat). The issue I have with my headlights is that I replaced them with LEDs and the increased height of the Jeep and the brighter LEDs annoys oncoming drivers and I constantly get flashed by them thinking I have my brights on.
I’ve never done it, but I’d assume there’s a way to adjust the headlight angle to compensate for the increase in height. Great bumper anyway!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
it looks like you have the Oracle Oculus headlights. If so, they are very easy to adjust. There is a rubber cap on each light that you pull off and then use a screwdriver to adjust height. Shine lights on garage door or any flat wall from about 20' away and start adjusting :like: . this also helps to get cutoff line from left to right in proper position with driver side a bit lower than passenger, this helps with blinding oncoming traffic.

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Did you get yours as a take off as well or did you buy it new? That’s a 10th anniversary bumper as well right? What skid plate are you using?
I bought it as a take off and put it on my 12 sport about 2014. I put the stock jk bumper back on when I traded it in for my JL, so I put the 10th anniversary bumper on my JL last year. It’s the 10th anniversary (or hard rock) skid plate.

Scott

HiLow1Go

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I bought it as a take off and put it on my 12 sport about 2014. I put the stock jk bumper back on when I traded it in for my JL, so I put the 10th anniversary bumper on my JL last year. It’s the 10th anniversary (or hard rock) skid plate.

Scott
Great to know you got the Hard Rock skid plate... is it as easy to install? Any modifications/adapters needed for the JL?

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Great to know you got the Hard Rock skid plate... is it as easy to install? Any modifications/adapters needed for the JL?
I pushed the bumper out slightly bu putting the backing plates between the bumper and the frame (should be the same as the Warn winch plate). I made a couple of (ugly) brackets from some aluminum angle I had for the bottom connection. I figured they really only keep it in place and didn’t need to be real strong.

Scott

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? AAA207E8-DE4B-4A64-889E-57266756D4A5

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 50420EA1-5F50-453A-83AE-47415D03FC19

Last edited: