David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
People just let cats out into the world without them being neutered or spayed. Just leaving them to the hard reality of life or death in the streets. Itā€™s so irresponsible. I scold my dogs every time they kill a cat. Itā€™s not their fault. They are just protecting their territory. Maybe itā€™s a better way to die than being euthanized at the pound. We collectively need to be much more responsible.
Whatever my dogs kill in their yard gets tossed over fence.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Fab Fours bumper but didnā€™t like seeing the steering components and those two bolt holes on the frame. Couldnā€™t decide on a skid plate option. So I dremeled a couple of notches in the old cover plate, painted it dull black and put it back on.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FullSizeRender
Is that bumper for a JL? The secondary bars look like they partially block the headlights.

Rquibar79

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon JLU
what tire size are u using? will this accommodate 37s x 13.50 x 17 with 3.5 inch lift?

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
Did a ceramic coat reload before winter! Didnā€™t discover any major paint issues. Got our son out to do his TJ as well. Good boy! @BbyGrlJJ
#JeepFam
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20201011_204935078
Nice.., what/whose product did you use? Hit both of ours with some P&S Beadmaker on Sunday to seal up for the winter., but will ceramic coat next spring...

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I got up early this morning and was fairly productive in the garage. Got four things done before noon that had been on my to-do list:

1. Install locking fuel door

Picked up one of the ones listed on Amazon with good reviews (JeCar I think is the brand). It was around $40 or so and appears to be pretty soild. Anyway, you will need to remove the driver-side rear taillight to complete this mod but it was no problem and went back together just as easily. I followed the YouTube video posted by Quadratec and it worked like a charm. Removal of the old gasket and fuel door was simple as well. Installation of the new door and gasket was similarly straight forward.

Listen, Iā€™m not naive in thinking this setup will actually stop a determined thief. Itā€™ll just make him/her have to work a tiny bit more. Iā€™ve also got a Bolt hood lock (highly recommendā€”itā€™s been flawless and was fun to install) so figured why not. I replaced the stock fuel cap with a locking one shortly after purchase last year. Iā€™m thinking of keeping both the locking door and locking cap.

2. Removal of K&N Reusable Air filter/Installation of Wix WA10841 Air filter:

Pretty straight forward here. [Banned Site] posted a Youtube video on this and I followed it step by step. Easy peazy. The reason for the change was due to the Project Farm Youtube series where he tests various air filters including both the K&N and Wix among others. Iā€™m going for engine longevity (Iā€™ve got the 3.6, 8A) and Wix scored well on ProjectFarmā€™s tests. Itā€™s not the most scientific analysis but hey the guy puts a lot of work in and is independent so Iā€™m good with it...

3. Replace Engine Oil and Oil Filter:

Due to the air filter change I also went ahead and changed the engine oil again. I had Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W20 with only about 500 miles or so on it but I was looking for another reason to continue wrenching and so I did.

I went with Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic 0W20 and a Mopar MO-349 Filter. This jug of Valvoline is my Jeepā€™s first taste of the new industry standard ISLAC GF-6A motor oil as the PUP it replaced was a GF-5. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll make no difference but the Valvoline has the MS-6395 certification and the price was right on it. More importantly, it kept me under the Jeep and its hood for a bit longer.

4. Added fuel treatment and filled up with Shell Nitro V-Power 91

I bought some Gumout All-in-one fuel additive a while back and add a bottle right before and right after an oil change.

It treats up to 35 gallons of fuel and my fill-up this morning was just a touch over 16 gallons. As a result one bottle is pretty concentrated. Itā€™s worked without incident every time Iā€™ve used it but I would be lying if I said Iā€™ve noticed any difference performance or fuel economy wise because of it.

Finally, after I added the fuel treatment, I filled up my tank with Shell Nitro V-Power 91. Yes, my 3.6 doesnā€™t exactly need 91 octane gas but it doesnā€™t knock when I run it and it does (particularly in hot weather) when I donā€™t. I only buy gas at name-brand establishments with Top-Tier gas but Shell and Chevron (Iā€™m on the west coast) are my favorites.
i have the 3.6L with the 6speed. started using 87 when i bought the jeep because its the recommended octane. after a month i swapped to 91 due to pinging and another noise that the dealer said was normal. after switching the jeep had more power and stopped with both noises. since i've ran 87 once or twice due to what was available at the time. the ping and the other noise came back until 91 was put back in. I honestly believe jeep failed to program the 3.6 for 87 oct and it s meant for 91. jeep runs better and i get much better milage

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice.., what/whose product did you use? Hit both of ours with some P&S Beadmaker on Sunday to seal up for the winter., but will ceramic coat next spring...
We tried the the CQuartz - https://www.amazon.com/CarPro-Cquartz-3-0_30ml-Kit-Reload/dp/B07D4NM5XM

We have the process we used in our build thread. I initially used 2 coats of the ceramic, but this was just the "reload" portion. It has held up well so far. I intend to do a more thorough process again next spring (every 2 years). The only thing that sucks is that if you dont clean everything off before applying, it will be there for a while :)

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I got up early this morning and was fairly productive in the garage. Got four things done before noon that had been on my to-do list:

1. Install locking fuel door

Picked up one of the ones listed on Amazon with good reviews (JeCar I think is the brand). It was around $40 or so and appears to be pretty soild. Anyway, you will need to remove the driver-side rear taillight to complete this mod but it was no problem and went back together just as easily. I followed the YouTube video posted by Quadratec and it worked like a charm. Removal of the old gasket and fuel door was simple as well. Installation of the new door and gasket was similarly straight forward.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 32BF5742-996C-4306-B7F0-6F4B3D7BB076
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 32BF5742-996C-4306-B7F0-6F4B3D7BB076

Listen, Iā€™m not naive in thinking this setup will actually stop a determined thief. Itā€™ll just make him/her have to work a tiny bit more. Iā€™ve also got a Bolt hood lock (highly recommendā€”itā€™s been flawless and was fun to install) so figured why not. I replaced the stock fuel cap with a locking one shortly after purchase last year. Iā€™m thinking of keeping both the locking door and locking cap.

2. Removal of K&N Reusable Air filter/Installation of Wix WA10841 Air filter:

Pretty straight forward here. [Banned Site] posted a Youtube video on this and I followed it step by step. Easy peazy. The reason for the change was due to the Project Farm Youtube series where he tests various air filters including both the K&N and Wix among others. Iā€™m going for engine longevity (Iā€™ve got the 3.6, 8A) and Wix scored well on ProjectFarmā€™s tests. Itā€™s not the most scientific analysis but hey the guy puts a lot of work in and is independent so Iā€™m good with it...

3. Replace Engine Oil and Oil Filter:

Due to the air filter change I also went ahead and changed the engine oil again. I had Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W20 with only about 500 miles or so on it but I was looking for another reason to continue wrenching and so I did.

I went with Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic 0W20 and a Mopar MO-349 Filter. This jug of Valvoline is my Jeepā€™s first taste of the new industry standard ISLAC GF-6A motor oil as the PUP it replaced was a GF-5. Iā€™m sure itā€™ll make no difference but the Valvoline has the MS-6395 certification and the price was right on it. More importantly, it kept me under the Jeep and its hood for a bit longer.

4. Added fuel treatment and filled up with Shell Nitro V-Power 91

I bought some Gumout All-in-one fuel additive a while back and add a bottle right before and right after an oil change.

It treats up to 35 gallons of fuel and my fill-up this morning was just a touch over 16 gallons. As a result one bottle is pretty concentrated. Itā€™s worked without incident every time Iā€™ve used it but I would be lying if I said Iā€™ve noticed any difference performance or fuel economy wise because of it.

Finally, after I added the fuel treatment, I filled up my tank with Shell Nitro V-Power 91. Yes, my 3.6 doesnā€™t exactly need 91 octane gas but it doesnā€™t knock when I run it and it does (particularly in hot weather) when I donā€™t. I only buy gas at name-brand establishments with Top-Tier gas but Shell and Chevron (Iā€™m on the west coast) are my favorites.
I wouldn't add a bottle after an oil change as it can degrade the new oils viscosity. But I do add a bottle right before an oil change and as a close to empty tank.