IMG_20201005_140229.jpg

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Added some flair on the outside and a neoprene cover for the center console to give it a little color inside. Went with the Mopar tailgate table after an attempt with a knock off from Amazon. You definitely get what you pay for.
Table looks great. Where did you buy it from?
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20201005_140229

Returned to Amazon:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
LoD Signature Rock Sliders

and

Rubicon take off suspension with Mopar lower control arms for better pinion angle

The rabbit hole is getting steeper and wider!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20201005_192821
Great looking Jeep you've got there, and welcome to the addiction! Lol

Sounds like you've just been peeking down the hole. Wait till you actually climb in. It's deeper than it initially looks.

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
Well, it is really what did I almost did to my Jeep (2020 JLUR with about 10k miles) today...

I have changed jobs recently and took a bit of a financial haircut as a result. The wife has been having a very tough stretch at work, and I felt it was too much having two car payments, and decided to part ways with my beloved Rubicon (keeping in mind, we still have a 2018 Rubi so at least I could wash and fuel that one :rock: ).., and was going to trade way down to give us some additional cushion.

Did some research and was stunned at the trade in values, and that really was what was going to make my evil plan work.

Carvana (hate them by the way, but their money is theoretically as good as anyone else's) offered 38.9K, WeBuyAnyCar.com was at 39.6, and CarMax wanted an appointment to see it.

Called the dealer that had the target bogey I was considering (2010 4Runner) and had an honest conversation with him. Told him I was not into gamesmanship, but also respected their expertise and asked for feedback on folks like the above. Short version.., mostly legit and they are buying market share, and have the ability to ship vehicles into markets where they are worth more, so they can get super competitive on trades, but buying from them can be a crap shoot (see my prior Carvana comment). I told him I preferred to go through them, but only if it made sense for both parties, and he did some legwork and actually said he could go above Carvana by a couple hundred bucks. I really doubt they would have been anywhere near as aggressive if I didn't have the other "offers in hand."

After an inspection of the truck I was looking at, I decided not to do the deal, and instead double down on my payments to get us into a more favorable equity position faster.

I wanted to share the experience as it was about the best I have had, thanks to the amount of data available today, and the values these rigs hold. Very happy how it turned out, and will be even happier with title in hand in a brief couple of years....

Sorry for the long drawn out message, but after reading 2059 pages of thread., thought there was some good information that might be of value, plus I feel guilty for almost parting ways with my sled! Thanks to those of you who have not yet fallen asleep mid message... :bow:

Last edited:

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Well, it is really what did I almost did to my Jeep (2020 JLUR with about 10k miles) today...

I have changed jobs recently and took a bit of a financial haircut as a result. The wife has been having a very tough stretch at work, and I felt it was too much having two car payments, and decided to part ways with my beloved Rubicon (keeping in mind, we still have a 2018 Rubi so at least I could wash and fuel that one :rock: ).., and was going to trade way down to give us some additional cushion.

Did some research and was stunned at the trade in values, and that really was what was going to make my evil plan work.

Carvana (hate them by the way, but their money is theoretically as good as anyone else's) offered 38.9K, WeBuyAnyCar.com was at 39.6, and CarMax wanted an appointment to see it.

Called the dealer that had the target bogey I was considering (2010 4Runner) and had an honest conversation with him. Told him I was not into gamesmanship, but also respected their expertise and asked for feedback on folks like the above. Short version.., mostly legit and they are buying market share, and have the ability to ship vehicles into markets where they are worth more, so they can get super competitive on trades, but buying from them can be a crap shoot (see my prior Carvana comment). I told him I preferred to go through them, but only if it made sense for both parties, and he did some legwork and actually said he could go above Carvana by a couple hundred bucks. I really doubt they would have been anywhere near as aggressive if I didn't have the other "offers in hand."

After an inspection of the truck I was looking at, I decided not to do the deal, and instead double down on my payments to get us into a more favorable equity position faster.

I wanted to share the experience as it was about the best I have had, thanks to the amount of data available today, and the values these rigs hold. Very happy how it turned out, and will be even happier with title in hand in a brief couple of years....

Sorry for the long drawn out message, but after reading 2059 pages of thread., thought there was some good information that might be of value, plus I feel guilty for almost parting ways with my sled! Thanks to those of you who have not yet fallen asleep mid message... :bow:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? nice-save-matt

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
:LOL:
Oh my goodness..., you know what you just did to everyone I work with right...? I no longer have to actually email them back, and can just send these instead.., well, until I get fired for sending one to the CEO....