First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
Installed Quadratec QRC full length bumper, Stealth 10k winch wired in with a Warn power interrupt switch and Quadratec 4in LED lights.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 165137D0-C233-4C9C-8CB8-A03A3A56030A

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I get the reasoning behind the geometry brackets. They are great for a mall crawler to get a more compliant ride by getting the arms parallel to the ground.

I don't understand why you would combine this with heavy duty adjustable arms intended for off road use.

You don't need the adjustable length as the geometry brackets get you the added caster as well, and we can see the Synergy are set to their shortest setting - which is factory arm length.

Sure it looks bling compared to the stock arms and perhaps that is what the intent was?
I run on trails mostly and don't do severe rock crawling. Get out of here with the passive agressive BS. They aren't on their shortest setting. I snapped that pick right after I dropped it to the ground to make adjustments. If they cause any issues, I'll take them off, until then, they work very well and deflect a lot of rutty abuse to the frame instead of the steering. Honestly I've seen long arm kits with less clearance, and they shift the mounting point further back creating even more clearance issues.

Last edited:

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Any surface rust (including spots the factory missed with primer) were cleaned up painted then under coated. Then front and rear SteerSmarts Yetis were installed. All done at my local SouthCoast Jeep club shop.

8956423E-4F44-41F3-A129-CCEAC0DDAD5C.jpeg

904A9ACC-4E1F-4E4C-A40A-975E708FCDB3.jpeg

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
warn winch plate, recovery mounts and hook stay
smittybilt X20 10k winch
KC slimlights
fox 2.0 ATS stabilizer

took WAY longer than i thought it would, including the time i had to do things twice because i dont read directions there's about 10 hours put into it all. i still need to wire in the warn power interrupt kit so the winch isn't always hot. plus a trip to ace had to be made because they give you the shortest fairlead bolts possible.

jLbUSpY.jpg
Love the Maximus-3 parts

3DCCD8FC-7E71-4C20-9C89-8AB695A1D258.jpeg

Anthnyslzr7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler unlimited Willys
Do you have details on how you built them? This could be a cool winter project.
Materials:
  • 1- 4 ft. By 8 ft foam insulation board
  • Gorilla heavy duty adhesive spray
  • Gorilla heavy duty double sided tape (purchased 4 rolls and only used 2)
  • 4 Yards of fabric of your choice
  • Stiff paper to make an outline with (like poster board stiffness)
  • Sand paper
  • Alcohol wipes
Instructions:
  1. Use paper to make an outline of the area the headliner will fill on the hard top
  2. Using the outline, cut out the headliners from the foam insulation
  3. Cut fabric be slightly larger than the inserts
  4. Use spray adhesive to adhere fabric to one side of the board then fold the fabric and adhere it to the other side of the board
  5. Allow the headliners to dry overnight
  6. Sand area where you will apply the tape and wipe it clean with alcohol wipes and apply the tape and headliners
The gorilla tape instructions say it is best applied at temperatures above 55°f

attilars

First Name
Attila Szilagyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, 997.2 S
I took the hard top off mine and hung it in the garage for the first time today after picking it up last week. I'm going to add an additional set of straps to pull it up higher and not have it free swinging next. Will also be extra insurance to avoid the 911 getting a new hat following an earthquake or something.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20200929_043114956

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
I spent a few minutes upgrading my 3.5" speakers... Wow what a difference with just the front Dash (Kickers) went with the Kenwood for SB. As many have say.... it is well worth the $70 for the fronts. 5 mins to splice the Matra Harness to the speaker cables and 5 mins to install... Very pleased.
Also, I too got a Jeep for the Jeep, Actually, given to me for Xmas Tree, Next up, 2nd Phone Holder for 9MM
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20200929_043114956
Just a couple if questions, what harness did you use and why not Kenwood speakers in dash and soundbar?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm honestly curious as to how this setup works. It could potentially allow for more droop. Yes you are sacrificing some clearance, but there could be benefits to this setup for more than just the mall.
I have all 8 Synergy control arms. I used them to supplement my previous Dynatrac Endurosport lift, which was incomplete on its own. In now on the Metalcloak 3.5" Gamechanger, but thought I could salvage the CA's and minimize the loss. They're great, but not meant for any real flexing. I start twisting the arms a bit past the halfway point of full flex. Not sure how long they'll survive, so it looks like I'll be doubling back to switch them out sooner than later.