What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Mopar hinge gate reinforcement until LoD arrives.... oh yea on another note.... had to install another (3rd) license plate holder.... it seems the factory snap in gets easily damaged from Black trails.. and that's my dad in the pic I spend as much time as possible with him... (84)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200926_184415
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200926_184647

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Well shit.... 40K miles, and I forgot that I even had a cabin filter...I may need to check that out later today.. haha!
I jumped into my buds JLUR this summer and said WTF, your air conditioning suck. He took it into the dealer to get it serviced. Yeah, his cabin filter weighted 4 pounds. It was so packed with dust and dirt, that air would hardly pass through it.

He is usually the tail for our trail runs. He is in the dust most of the time.

flharleycop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2018 Ford Raptor, past 79 CJ5, 86 CJ7, 11 JKU
Occupation
Retired
That's a good point about being able to flip the hood back all the way--access is so much better. Being new to the Wrangler world this hadn't occurred to me until I watched a how-to video last month. Only thing is, it looks like it would be paint against paint if I just lay it back against the edge of the windshield-any tips to keep it from scratching? I think I would just throw a rag in between.
I use a towel

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Exactly because they are geometry brackets. The LCA's are parallel with the frame now and all of the force is now applied horizontally.
I get the reasoning behind the geometry brackets. They are great for a mall crawler to get a more compliant ride by getting the arms parallel to the ground.

I don't understand why you would combine this with heavy duty adjustable arms intended for off road use.

You don't need the adjustable length as the geometry brackets get you the added caster as well, and we can see the Synergy are set to their shortest setting - which is factory arm length.

Sure it looks bling compared to the stock arms and perhaps that is what the intent was?

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
I get the reasoning behind the geometry brackets. They are great for a mall crawler to get a more compliant ride by getting the arms parallel to the ground.

I don't understand why you would combine this with heavy duty adjustable arms intended for off road use.

You don't need the adjustable length as the geometry brackets get you the added caster as well, and we can see the Synergy are set to their shortest setting - which is factory arm length.

Sure it looks bling compared to the stock arms and perhaps that is what the intent was?
I'm honestly curious as to how this setup works. It could potentially allow for more droop. Yes you are sacrificing some clearance, but there could be benefits to this setup for more than just the mall.

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
Made and installed my own (with some help) custom headliners yesterday afternoon.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200927_105356
Do you have details on how you built them? This could be a cool winter project.