What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

jeme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Mounted a smaller emergency shovel. I had a small square Stanley there but it was kinda big for the space.

CE947E64-B43D-49A2-97CC-32ED156A516D.jpeg
Could you please post thevendor/Brand and price of that shovel and mount? Very nice!! THanks!

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
warn winch plate, recovery mounts and hook stay
smittybilt X20 10k winch
KC slimlights
fox 2.0 ATS stabilizer

took WAY longer than i thought it would, including the time i had to do things twice because i dont read directions there's about 10 hours put into it all. i still need to wire in the warn power interrupt kit so the winch isn't always hot. plus a trip to ace had to be made because they give you the shortest fairlead bolts possible.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? jLbUSpY

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
Which ones? And do you like them? They work/perform like they're supposed to?
I picked them up through 'offerup' - from a local F150 owner that couldn't get them to work. I confirmed they were 7443's, spot-tested them with a 12v, and walked away with a pretty good deal.

They work very well. The only unexpected component is that the "switchback" doesn't interleave the white through the amber cycling(*). When the turn signal engages, the white LEDs turn off. The whites return about 1 second after the turn/hazard cut off.

The biggest takeaway is that the turn signal indicator with the switchback LED is now crisp and sync'd with the amber halo rings on the LED headlights and (halo) LED fog lights. The original light would lag quite a bit behind the headlamp/fog light. It was quite noticeable, but now a non-issue.

So overall I really like the bright white, indicators are all sync'd up now, and I'm very happy with the difference.

(*) Although I expected the white to interleave with the amber when the turn signal is engaged, the manufacturer page for the product states that discontinuing the white during the turn signal is intentional for better visibility. I can live with that.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I picked them up through 'offerup' - from a local F150 owner that couldn't get them to work. I confirmed they were 7443's, spot-tested them with a 12v, and walked away with a pretty good deal.

They work very well. The only unexpected component is that the "switchback" doesn't interleave the white through the amber cycling(*). When the turn signal engages, the white LEDs turn off. The whites return about 1 second after the turn/hazard cut off.

The biggest takeaway is that the turn signal indicator with the switchback LED is now crisp and sync'd with the amber halo rings on the LED headlights and (halo) LED fog lights. The original light would lag quite a bit behind the headlamp/fog light. It was quite noticeable, but now a non-issue.

So overall I really like the bright white, indicators are all sync'd up now, and I'm very happy with the difference.

(*) Although I expected the white to interleave with the amber when the turn signal is engaged, the manufacturer page for the product states that discontinuing the white during the turn signal is intentional for better visibility. I can live with that.
My Quake headlight RGB halo switchbacks behave the same way. When the turn signal is detected the RGB halo turns off and the amber halo is turned on and off from the turn signal.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Barricade offroad sliders, a little more protection than the factory rubi rails and a step. The 37's make it a bit high for climbing in and out of. No bolt issues thank God.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6394D4A1-8F4E-4EA1-A0EF-51CE5D69527E
I'm considering the same ones and also in Sting Grey over here. Could you post another angle, showing more of the JL? Thank you..

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Are there two? Do you have the part number?
Stock is one piece. The K&N replacement comes in two pieces to make it easier to install since it’s not as flexible as stock.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Completely filthy after 6000 miles. Swapped out to the k&n since it’s reusable

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6394D4A1-8F4E-4EA1-A0EF-51CE5D69527E
Did you use your ac a lot? I always have my windows down so I'm curious if mine would be filthy at 9k