drtrdr85

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
How do you like it? Obviously the most expensive one out there but looks nice. The racor you can’t find and the Lange now is only like $100 less so I have been debating. Do you feel it is worth the money? Install pretty easy? What about the app they show to raise and lower it, is it nice?
I like it because it had a small foot print and gets the top nice and tight to the ceiling. Yes its pricey but the ease of just pushing a button once you get your high and low points set is nice. Instal was easy and I did it by myself in a couple hours. App is super easy to you also. I found a coupon on this forum also which saved a little money.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
I don't recall footrests from my YJ days (and I could page through accessory catalogs with the best of them).

Do they have a properly functional purpose, beyond stretching one's leg?
Mostly to keep passengers from riding their feet on the hinge, taking off paint, when the doors are off.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I don't recall footrests from my YJ days (and I could page through accessory catalogs with the best of them).

Do they have a properly functional purpose, beyond stretching one's leg?
Since you asked. No, there's no functional purpose to hanging limbs out of a moving vehicle. It's a look at me, i have no doors thing. It's a more subtle version of seeing someone hanging half their body out of a car window while doing donuts. Attention is the goal.

I've been told from friends in law enforcement that hanging out of doorless Jeeps its what led to some states changing their laws.

BanditXray

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
DoD
Jeep Center Dash Mount with Tablet Mount, purchased from ProClip.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 10.5" 4G and GoPro Hero 7 Black mounted to it.
This GoPro with its image stabilization keep all bumps and bangs from messing up video quality, it's like having a gimble.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? image4603
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? KIMG2587.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? KIMG2589.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? image4599

ERP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla P85D, BMW M4 Convertible, Lotus Elise Track Car, 20' JLUR
Occupation
New Product & Automation Engineer
I've been removing the red from the rear of my Jeep.
The center brake light is now smoked and the lower reflectors have been swapped with smoked LEDs tied to the brake lights. Replacing the reflectors with LEDs wasn't bad. It can be done without removing the bumper and tied into the green and black wires of the tow harness. Took about an hour to swap everything.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200920_143324

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200920_143358

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
Since you asked. No, there's no functional purpose to hanging limbs out of a moving vehicle. It's a look at me, i have no doors thing. It's a more subtle version of seeing someone hanging half their body out of a car window while doing donuts. Attention is the goal.

I've been told from friends in law enforcement that hanging out of doorless Jeeps its what led to some states changing their laws.
Clearly you’ve never ridden a motorcycle and enjoyed the freedom it brings. Driving top and doors off, with a leg hanging out the side is the closest thing you can get on 4 wheels. I do this even if there is not another soul in sight. It’s not about attention.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've been removing the red from the rear of my Jeep.
The center brake light is now smoked and the lower reflectors have been swapped with smoked LEDs tied to the brake lights. Replacing the reflectors with LEDs wasn't bad. It can be done without removing the bumper and tied into the green and black wires of the tow harness. Took about an hour to swap everything.

20200920_143324.jpg

20200920_143358.jpg
Nice! Where did you find those lights to replace the reflectors? Love that idea. I'd love to set them up like European rear fog lights like my Mercedes has. Then, in fog, you turn them on and they'd be pretty bright. Still, I like the idea of them lighting up with the brake lights, too!

So what did I do with my JL today? I took off the tube doors and put the doors on, probably for the last time this summer. :( I also installed a Rough Countryadjustable rear track bar to center the axle. It wasn't off much, but I want perfection. I have to go back and adjust the front (rancho) about another 1/4" and it'll be just right. Unfortunately, unlike the Rough Country, the Rancho cannot be adjusted without removing it.

I then spent the day installing an EVO manual sway bar disconnect on my JK. The auto sway bar in that old Jeep has been giving me fits. I can't get it to reconnect, so I think next weekend I'll be taking it apart, cleaning it, and re-greasing it with marine grease.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Clearly you’ve never ridden a motorcycle and enjoyed the freedom it brings. Driving top and doors off, with a leg hanging out the side is the closest thing you can get on 4 wheels. I do this even if there is not another soul in sight. It’s not about attention.
Motorcyclist for over 38 years here. Not a fan of the doors off on the Jeep. Tried it a couple of times and the novelty wore off. Just not my thing. And even when I did, kept my limbs inside. (Manual transmission, so not conducive to a lazy left foot anyway.)

Last edited: