What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Went to the dealership to get my defrost cable fixed ☹. Same thing happened on my JK but it took 4 years to happen. Anyone else have this problem with the cable coming off the windshield?
Yes, one other guy here has had this. He went to the dealer and they said FCA said to replace the whole window versus fixing the cable connection. Of course, window availability is an issue right now.

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
Yes - wondering if you think it is better than a future Weathertech tray - (which is not available yet)
Not sure that I can speculate on something that isn't even available yet, but I like my Mopar set. Good quality materials, plus includes pieces that attach to the back of the seats so that when you fold them down you have basically full coverage from the mats. The only thing not covered are the sections on either sides of the middle cargo area, where the cargo hooks are, but I was fine with that. I like the coverage and the look. Install's a bit more involved than just dropped the mats in, but happy to give some pointers if/when you get to that point.

IMG_1639.JPG

dmeyerrph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Firecracker Red
WeatherTech floor liner for front of JLU/JL is available now. You can find on eBAY right now for $129, I believe. Personally, I would rather have the WeatherTech offering or when available Husky X-act Contour mats.
My question was about the rear cargo tray.

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
Jake, thanks for the info. I am seriously considering it. On Quadratec they have a pic of it with the trail rail management system - which should be available shortly.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/cargo-tray-jeep-wrangler-jl
Yes exactly and that's another reason you wouldn't want to cover up that section with mat... I think it looks and should function perfectly, personally. And matches with my front and rear seat mats that I have as well

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Not sure that I can speculate on something that isn't even available yet, but I like my Mopar set. Good quality materials, plus includes pieces that attach to the back of the seats so that when you fold them down you have basically full coverage from the mats. The only thing not covered are the sections on either sides of the middle cargo area, where the cargo hooks are, but I was fine with that. I like the coverage and the look. Install's a bit more involved than just dropped the mats in, but happy to give some pointers if/when you get to that point.

IMG_1639.JPG

Does yours detach when folding down and lifting up? The larger mat of mine won’t hold onto the trench.

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Does yours detach when folding down and lifting up? The larger mat of mine won’t hold onto the trench.
No mine does not detach - what is coming detached? The entire gap cover piece or the pieces that snap the mat into place?

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
Yes - wondering if you think it is better than a future Weathertech tray - (which is not available yet)
Wait... so you want him to make a decision of if what he purchased is better than something that doesn't exist? Why doesn't he tell us if the JL he purchased is better than the 2025 Wrangler (which is not available yet) too? ;):cwl:

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where the larger mat attaches to the gap cover. It just snaps right off. Maybe I did something wrong lol.
Hmm I definitely wouldn't think that those would be coming loose as long as you installed the clips onto the gap cover in the right direction in the 5 holes that you have to cut out of the gap cover piece. There's 2 pieces to each of those clips that you have to install - 1 from each side and they join together by just applying pressure to snap them into place. Then the large cargo mat section should easily clip into them in the same way that all the other mats do into their spots.

Only thought is that maybe you put the clips backwards on the gap cover?

Hopefully you didn't remove your gap cover from the bracket like I did when you installed the set, which I only did because I watched the video where the guy did for his install. Proved to be ridiculously unnecessary.

schneidvegas

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Today I hit 1K flawless miles... well, with the exception of already first windshield crack yesterday :facepalm:

But here’s to many more worry-free miles ahead!! :rock:

B3342274-C204-451E-A8D3-2231599AD245.jpeg
I’m 3 weeks into my windshield crack... it’s traveling around on the passenger side so I’ll continue holding off on replacing it lol.

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m 3 weeks into my windshield crack... it’s traveling around on the passenger side so I’ll continue holding off on replacing it lol.
Haha I dunno how long I can hold off and look at a cracked windshield on my brand new baby... only have a $100 deductible so I'm planning to call it in tonight or tomorrow to get things set up and find out how long it's going to take Safelite to get me a new shield

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where are you in VA btw?

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase