What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

foxswimmer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '04 Mazda3, '13 Sienna (because kids)
Added the rugged ridge tailgate hinge

IMG_0765.JPG
@Suffolklou, how has the Rugged Ridge Spartus Hinge Kit been working out for you? Looking for someone who has been running it for a little while. How is it holding up?

I saw some sales for Labor Day, and was looking to get the RR hinge kit and mate it to the stock tire carrier. I am only running a 35, and the RR with the hinge replacement seems like a nice sweet spot between the budget options and the over-engineered options meant for 37" to 40" tires.

foxswimmer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '04 Mazda3, '13 Sienna (because kids)
This weekend’s add-ons to the new 2020 JL Sahara 2.0T:
Regear 4.88 âś…
Rugged Ridge Tire Carrier Hinge âś…
ARB Diff Covers âś…
Superchips Flashcal âś…

Last week’s add-ons:
3.5” Teraflex ST3 Lift with Falcon Shocks
37” Cooper STT Pros
17” Method 309 Grid Wheels
Fab Four Bumper with factory LED Fog Lights
Smittybuilt Steps
Falcon Steering Stabilizer
Teraflex Alpha Tire Mount

E448658F-DD35-498F-AD43-B504025C1B3B.jpeg

600496CF-6CF0-4C5F-99E7-E74427C25CDF.jpeg

11FAFC48-A5CA-4D94-B485-54A1EFA6A589.jpeg

FFDCD01E-47BB-4521-8AAC-BF7E7A4219A8.jpeg

F2387908-D8C8-4187-8FB5-5CCF0042BB25.jpeg

7AF14607-39CE-4001-BB93-C934046C60A8.jpeg
@HB Jeep, how has the Rugged Ridge Spartus Hinge Kit been working out for you? Looking for someone who has been running it for a while. How is it holding up?

I saw some sales for Labor Day, and was looking to get the RR hinge kit and mate it to the stock tire carrier. I am only running a 35, and the RR with the hinge replacement seems like a nice sweet spot between the budget options and the over-engineered options meant for 37" to 40" tires.

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a weboost Drive Reach system. Went to a few known "dead spots" and got full signal. Now to test it at the ranch...
61Jc4E2SgeL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
Please let us know how it works out for you.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Just purchased this 4 tire Speedflate system for my 2DR Rubicon and ARB Dual Air Compressor. Very clever and innovative.

You can build this for under $100 with Amazon parts and improve on it quite a bit. Not sure why anyone would buy versus build this......

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
Got some new back-to-school clothes for the Fall from the folks at Rain Gear. The half cover fits great! I don’t have enough garage space to park inside so have been spending way too much time shuffling doors and soft-top windows on/off. Now I can stay bare for a few days or a week at a time, and takes no more than a couple mins to cover up. Great quality, made in USA product :muscle:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F7476CE5-5F6C-4BC0-8BAB-05A2AD87379E

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I made the winch line hole in the factory steel bumper about 3/16” larger. My thick MasterPull line contacted the bumper before the fairlead.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? image

Last edited:

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
You can build this for under $100 with Amazon parts and improve on it quite a bit. Not sure why anyone would buy versus build this......
Because it’s cool that he took the initiative. He wants to do something most others won’t in starting a business and building a product that few others thought of. Because I believe him when he says he will stand by his product with great customer service. And, I support entrepreneurs whenever I can especially Jeep guys.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Because it’s cool that he took the initiative. He wants to do something most others won’t in starting a business and building a product that few others thought of. Because I believe him when he says he will stand by his product with great customer service. And, I support entrepreneurs whenever I can especially Jeep guys.
Few others thought of? There are at least 4 versions of this product on the market from the JK days, as well as the TrailRecon YouTube on how to build it yourself, and countless others on Youtube.

This is not an entrepreneur doing something not yet done, but a copy cat product not even particularly done well. For example the push to connect fittings are not correct to be used with the coiled hose properly. Sure it might work but not the correct application.

The initiative is strong to charge too much for a shitty rip off product - that I can give you.

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
Few others thought of? There are at least 4 versions of this product on the market from the JK days, as well as the TrailRecon YouTube on how to build it yourself, and countless others on Youtube.

This is not an entrepreneur doing something not yet done, but a copy cat product not even particularly done well. For example the push to connect fittings are not correct to be used with the coiled hose properly. Sure it might work but not the correct application.

The initiative is strong to charge too much for a shitty rip off product - that I can give you.
Let’s see how it goes. He’s just getting started.

Djhyper66

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2020 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday installed Arcus bumper and Apex winch. Today hitch reciver, mopar harness arrives Tuesday not really looking forward to that install.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? image
How heavy was the bumper and winch. 70 pounds for bumper and 80 for winch?? I’m just asking cause I’m about to do the same setup .

SeanDonJLU

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon - 2010 JKU Mountain Edition
Sat in it and listened to the system. Gonna take it to the rooftop of my garage and take some pics. The weather here in North Texas is nice with clear skies, so I’m gonna pop the top off and drive around town!
Did you upgrade? I have the JL Audio system but i want more! Not sure if i want to give up the space though.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
@Suffolklou, how has the Rugged Ridge Spartus Hinge Kit been working out for you? Looking for someone who has been running it for a little while. How is it holding up?

It is working great for me. I have 37's and no sagging. the factory hinges with the mopar brace worked fine until I added rotopax on the spare with the Rockslide engineering mounts. then it was sagging noticably.