Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
A couple weekend upgrades:
-Rancho front diff skid
-Rope guard
-Power Tank
-Power Tank Monster Valves (these are awesome)
-Rear light w/ switch
-B&M Shifter
IMG_4436.jpg
IMG_4437.jpg
IMG_4438.jpg
IMG_4440.jpg
IMG_4441.jpg
IMG_4448.jpg
Does that snorkel make any wind noise?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Its the Mopar snorkel, no noice at all
Nice! That's one of only a couple of things that has kept me from taking the leap. Glad to hear it isn't an issue! I had a light bar on my JK that wistled like the wicked north wind and also had lots of whooshing wind noise, even without the whistle. It made me gun shy on other mods that might have potential wind noise. It put out enough light to be seen from the moon, though!

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! That's one of only a couple of things that has kept me from taking the leap. Glad to hear it isn't an issue! I had a light bar on my JK that wistled like the wicked north wind and also had lots of whooshing wind noise, even without the whistle. It made me gun shy on other mods that might have potential wind noise. It put out enough light to be seen from the moon, though!
agreed, my last jeep had a light bar and I vowed never to do that again

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Added a Rugged Ridge Arcus bumper , Smittybilt 10K X20 winch and 3 sets of BD squadron lights. Took a while to get it all done.

IMG_3669.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Consider flipping your rear shock bolts, so they face the other direction. In the current direction, they are still rock targets.
"Target" is a good word to describe it. Ask me how I know.

bolt.jpg

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
Loaded up the fam and all our crap, bikes, luggage, golf clubs, cooler, etc. for road trip to visit the grandparents. Front hitch receiver is my favorite <$150 mod so far, especially without any roof rack (yet) and my pampered 80 lb golden retriever taking up the entire rear cargo area. Highly recommend this easy add, along with any cargo rack and bag (for road / camping trips, obviously not for rock crawling ) https://www.etrailer.com/Front-Hitch/Draw-Tite/65079.html

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 08F0206F-33A0-49AA-8FAE-7690F233A471

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

A couple weekend upgrades:
-Rancho front diff skid
-Rope guard
-Power Tank
-Power Tank Monster Valves (these are awesome)
-Rear light w/ switch
-B&M Shifter
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 08F0206F-33A0-49AA-8FAE-7690F233A471
Planning on installing the B&M shifter?

drtrdr85

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is that 6 lights? 2 front, 2 middle, and 2 rear? I really like that. I really think those cyclone lights are slick and look the easiest to mount.
Yes, six all together and you are correct about the placement. I really like the lights they are well built. Mouting was really easy. The only draw back was mounting the fuse holder and all the 6 wires.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Rhino Rack Backbone system for JLU. A few things to note for those who are going to do this:

1) absolutely must watch the official Rhino Rack video on YouTube. Watch three times and read the manual twice. make a mistake and you will end up with holes drilled in the wrong place on your hard top.

2) don’t follow the video’s instruction about putting the whole thing together and then dismantling it to measure the cuts you have to make in your sound deadening foam panels (if you have them). First thing after you lay out all the pieces on the shadow board is to put the frames in place with the T50 screws without removing the sound absorbing foam panels. Mark and cut the foam panels while they are still mounted. Proceed with the rest of the instructions as shown.

3) I bought the Vortex roof rails from Rhino Rack. The provided button head cap screws are very short and you have to press really hard at just the right angle against the lock washer for the screw to gain purchase on the threads in the mounting castings. Even if you manage to get the thread started you end up with just a few millimeters of screw being caught by the threads. Save yourself the hassle and get some 20 mm length M6 stainless button head screws. The ones that come with the product are the keyed tamper resistant type but I just used plain hex key button cap screws.

4) Good luck finding butyl mastic to seal the holes you will be drilling into the hardtop. You can roll a small piece of butyl tape between your palms and form a skinny piece about the size of a small garden worm. Form a circle around the hole and flatten. You may be tempted to use various alternatives that you can load into your caulking gun but on a hot day the temperatures on the hot surfaces of your vehicle can exceed 130 F so choose your sealant accordingly.

5) I have the unpainted hardtop and the instructions say to use a 6 mm or 1/4” drill bit to drill the holes for the rear and middle castings. The shoulders on the shoulder bolts for these castings are larger than 1/4”. Therefore when you push them into place they will not go all the way through the hole you drilled until you start tightening them with the nyloc nuts from the inside of the vehicle. The shoulders will expand the drilled hole as they get drawn into the hardtop. I don’t know how a painted hardtop might fare but it might be possible that this will result in small paint chips near the vicinity of the drilled holes as you draw the slightly oversized bolt shoulders into the hole.

Overall, clearly very careful piece of engineering and thoughtfully written instructions that are all pictorial - no words. That in itself is a testament to the good design principles that went into a product that is designed for DIY installation.

if you are wondering what that is covering the window it is a WeatherTech total body sun shade. Comes with 8 pieces to cover all windows. Unfortunately the pieces are slightly oversized for the side windows in the hardtop and so I had to glue circular neoprene tabs around the perimeter of the window frame to capture the sun shade panel. Otherwise a great fit for all other windows.

9A5EC544-1448-4D85-A890-77B6A2F4FF1D.jpeg

10B5A3E2-331F-45DF-8527-0F8370C5C6FA.jpeg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I am in a holding pattern. I leave in the morning for a wheeling trip to Virginia, North Carolina and West Virginia from Michigan. My fridge slide was slated to be at the house yesterday and now shows that it will be delivered today. I can not install the rear cargo shelf until the fridge slide is installed. Would like to do this before I leave to free up some space, we will see. I did get the tires rotated and check all the torque specs for the suspension yesterday and gave the JLUR a basic all over check.