Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
With the help of another jeep enthusiast, installed some protection for my upcoming trip to CO.
  • Rancho front & rear diff glide plates
  • Rancho rear control arm bracket glide plates
Full View
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C7B1A690-612C-4572-A234-B7B6EE598EEA

Rear Control arm:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9B4B1F33-4694-401E-9BB1-307359BCEEC8

Rear Diff and Control Arm
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 76D590D9-B172-4B54-A64D-50D3458EA0F5

Front Diff
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 56EE28EB-FF71-4355-8802-8E5F0C4E7741

Zuzu_the_Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon 2020
Well, today I replaced my Emergency Car Escape Tool, with a new (same brand/model) more brightly colored one. I gave the one I had to a neighbor lady that just got a new car..

Anyway, an
Emergency Car Escape Tool, should be readily available in every guys/gals vehicle.
To me it is a must have.

I've had to use such a tool many times and once you have an occasion to use one, you will always keep one readily available in your vehicle.

On my JL, I have a very brightly colored, (see pic) Resqme The Original Emergency Keychain Car Escape Tool
, fastened/Velcro... to the inside, (at the top) of the glove box, where it is very visible and easy to get to...

They make great stocking stuffer gifts.... great give-ya, love you, to the Son or Daughter for their vehicle..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G6C18EC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Made in the USA
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 56EE28EB-FF71-4355-8802-8E5F0C4E7741

I’ve had one ever since I listened to a podcast about a lady that was stuck upside down in her vehicle after an accident for something like two weeks. Fortunately she lived but she wasn’t in great shape when she was finally found!:(

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Did smoked tails, including the 3rd light. Amazon. Our thread has more details. Basically replaced the factory LED, but smoked. Same lights and pattern. Might just put black tape over the bumper reflectors, to get the FINAL red off of mine...lol

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6153.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6158.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6154.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_6159.JPG

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Did smoked tails, including the 3rd light. Amazon. Our thread has more details. Basically replaced the factory LED, but smoked. Same lights and pattern. Might just put black tape over the bumper reflectors, to get the FINAL red off of mine...lol

IMG_6153.JPG
IMG_6158.JPG
IMG_6154.JPG
IMG_6159.JPG
@jlewissystem

Looks good, but yeah, the red reflectors got to go ASAP> 8-)

They sell smoked LEDs that will replace the reflectors... not to expensive. Rather then tape, I'd Plastic Dip spray them.
https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Full-LED-Rear-Bumper/dp/B082FRN1V6/ref=sr_1_4?crid=IKORZSZXWUNM&dchild=1&keywords=jl+replacement+light+reflectors&qid=1598815983&sprefix=jl,+reflector,aps,160&sr=8-4

Last edited:

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter

You could get nightshade spray for the bumper lights. It’s a black translucent spray tint that would get the red out. Look for it on amazon.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Finished my 4.56 gear swap yesterday. Enjoyed the break-in drive but I can hear a faint knocking noise in the rear. Like you can hear the gears mesh. Occurs on decel at slow speeds. Looks like I’ll be pulling the cover tomorrow. :(

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I polished up the Magnaflow axle-back and did a close exam. I've had it for about 2 years or maybe a little longer. One of my biggest worries was how it would hold up to off-road abuse.

Well, it has done much better than I anticipated. The tips have had the hell beaten out of them, from Moab to Kentucky. While battered and bruised, they still look great. But when you look closely, you can see the battle scars. I would have never imagined these things could take such abuse. The stock pipe would have been smashed to pieces by now.

Most of the hits that made the marks were VERY heavy. Also, the tips have not damaged the bumper, either, which I thought would be a given if pushed up into them. All is good!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200829_181417
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200829_181330
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200829_181356
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200829_181347

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Replaced a blown Airlift bag and fiddled with a Rockslide Rotopax mount. And saw a TRX near SHAP.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200829_181347
I did a double take, if your hood was blue I would have thought you were in my Jeep, between the Park pass and pillar light...

gumbyhoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '87 YJ '96 TJ '06 TJ '11 WKII '13 JK 2dr Sport Current: '18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same bumper. I didn't put the license bracket and light mounts. It's gonna be a pain to get that set up.
We got a wrench in for the light mounts with the winch on. Bumper wasn't mounted on the Jeep though so it might not be as easy.

I didn't use any of the ARB license plate mounts. Don't like the look (not low profile enough). I'm working with a friend to try and design a license plate mount that works off the two holes in the top front where they provide a mount for the solenoid box if you want to get it off the winch body. The AEV plate mount would work too but i'd have to get the fairlead off and I'm not certain I can do that without taking the bumper off (and that's NOT happening).

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
I ordered a Mopar Steel bumper, and my Lund Coyote mirrors finally arrived after being on an extended backorder.