Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Removed the Mopar entry guards and installed these from Quadratec.

Not sure what the deal with the Mopar guards is: they are easy to install, but they don’t protect squat. They don’t cover very much and leave the paint on the pinch seam exposed to getting scuffed by my boots.

These Quadratec guards are the real deal: they fit perfectly, they protect the entire door sill, including the seam, they are super easy to install, and cost half as much as the Mopars!

A9BD0103-CE65-4618-8FCE-06D59C1E6E1D.jpeg

These are the Mopar guards for reference.
1598458566712.jpeg
How difficult was it to remove your Mopar ones?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
How difficult was it to remove your Mopar ones?
Not too difficult.

I used a nylon fishing line to get under the guards; once I could get my fingers underneath, I pulled them up. Then with my finger I rolled the pieces of 3M tape left, and used some alcohol to clean the metal clean before adhering the new guards.

It probably took 5-7 minutes per door.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Not too difficult.

I used a nylon fishing line to get under the guards; once I could get my fingers underneath, I pulled them up. Then with my finger I rolled the pieces of 3M tape left, and used some alcohol to clean the metal clean before adhering the new guards.

It probably took 5-7 minutes per door.
Keep an eye on those versions that come up over the lip. People report that the doors don’t seal well to them and water comes in. I would assume it would have to be a pretty heavy rain to happen though. They do offer nice paint protection!

Abend

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLUR, 1948 CJ-2A, 2018 Sting Gray JLU Sport (the wife's)
Got myself stuck for the first time last time we were out on the trail and had to be pulled out, so I figured it's time for a winch. Of course with plastic bumpers, that meant a new front bumper too. I installed a Rock Hard 4x4 aluminum mid-width bumper (went on perfectly) and a Smittybilt X2O 12k winch with synthetic line. I'm feeling a lot better prepared for my Colorado trip next week.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1264.JPG

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
TIL: if the side windows are still wet from rain, you can hang them easily from the doors.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1264.JPG

Your hanging the door incorrectly. The metal is supposed to go into the window slot, where the window goes into, not the outer side where it can damage the paint

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Your hanging the door incorrectly. The metal is supposed to go into the window slot, where the window goes into, not the outer side where it can damage the paint
Thanks for the feedback.

I think I see what you mean. I will look at it tomorrow.