Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Looks good. About how much weight does that add?
I have this system minus the gas tank skid. RC told me the full system weighs 150lbs. Mine weighs 80lbs with oil pan/transmission skid + transfer case skid. I've slid over several obstacles...worked well so far.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Installed Quadratec Hardrock Machined/Black 17x8.5" wheels with 5.2" backspacing with my 35" KO2's. Overall I like them, look a lot like OEM, fairly lightweight and the improved contact patch of the tread does make a difference.
Even with a 2"+ lift, 35" tires and aftermarket wheels-from the exterior (with the exception of the Warn bumpers & winch) she looks pretty stock as lift, tire size and wheel style work together to maintain OEM proportions.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1917

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I have this system minus the gas tank skid. RC told me the full system weighs 150lbs. Mine weighs 80lbs with oil pan/transmission skid + transfer case skid. I've slid over several obstacles...worked well so far.
Thx for the info.

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Installed S-techs 6 switch system and some baja design pods
Installed S-Tech 4 switch overhead system in my 2017 JK. Real happy with look and operation. Good choice.

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Was able to get my Pro6 mounted using the Front Runner mounting kit by removing one light. Didn't realize it came with two mounts. One hangs right at the middle of the platform and another that hangs below.

Kinda like it with only 7 lights, little more unique.

Need to give it a rattle test since I ended up taking the little bumpstop thing in the middle off.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2DEAE92D-0B61-414F-9CBA-709B74E28232
Nice, 7 helps to keep a balance and also matches the 7-slot grille.

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
If I would have had to guess I would have said 125+ easy. I know right after it was installed I could feel the extra weight when driving if that makes sense.

I eventually will do diff skids but this process is going slower than I would have anticipated as putting a kid through her freshman year of college has been pocketbook draining lol. Trying to recoup from that and vendors still trying to get caught up from the time they were shut down is making this a patient game.

The only thing that sucks is I was hoping to have my exhaust in before this went on but I'm still waiting on that so it will have to come off for that when the time comes.

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
After about three months of debate with myself between Metalcloak and Synergy, I just laid down the cash for Synergy control arms. The cost is a bit more, but they just seemed to be the ticket for me.

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
If I could hijack this thread for a moment, I would be grateful(at the dealer right now) trying to get some real thoughts... PM please so I don't take this thread over.

I am trying to diagnose a noise (2019 JLUR 2" Rancho Sport Lift w/9000xl shocks and 27k miles on it), I know it's hard to figure out what it is without hearing it. But any advice on where to start. During rain or when in a high humid climate and ONLY upon acceleration from a stop I am getting a creaking/knocking noise from what sounds like the the wheel areas (not 100% sure though). there is no sounds from suspension when driving over bumps/ potholes or even when you manually move it up and down. I have crawled under, and pushed the vehicle back and forth while in park, the only movement sound is the drive shaft rotating a bit when the vehicle was rocked. I have no luck on recreating the sound. I am thinking the brakes are sticking when wet, could this be a possibility? Any and all suggestions are welcomed. I am at the dealer for the steering box installation :like:.They're going to take a look however I would love to be able to point them in a better direction.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If I could hijack this thread for a moment, I would be grateful(at the dealer right now) trying to get some real thoughts... PM please so I don't take this thread over.

I am trying to diagnose a noise (2019 JLUR 2" Rancho Sport Lift w/9000xl shocks and 27k miles on it), I know it's hard to figure out what it is without hearing it. But any advice on where to start. During rain or when in a high humid climate and ONLY upon acceleration from a stop I am getting a creaking/knocking noise from what sounds like the the wheel areas (not 100% sure though). there is no sounds from suspension when driving over bumps/ potholes or even when you manually move it up and down. I have crawled under, and pushed the vehicle back and forth while in park, the only movement sound is the drive shaft rotating a bit when the vehicle was rocked. I have no luck on recreating the sound. I am thinking the brakes are sticking when wet, could this be a possibility? Any and all suggestions are welcomed. I am at the dealer for the steering box installation :like:.They're going to take a look however I would love to be able to point them in a better direction.
PM sent.

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
Knock it off gang.., no need to go dark on this. It is good and necessary intel. If it needs to get moved, ADMIN can punt..

I have two JL's and the 2018 suffered mightily from a nasty creaking from the rear. I swear it was the brakes, but dealer insisted it wasn't and replaced the entire rear axle assembly (Rubicon factory), but they also swapped out rotors and pads too.., so I really don't truly know the root cause. Squeaking was only really audible at low speeds (makes sense), but now gone.....

Appreciate your kindness to keep this from becoming a key hole cover chat 1.02, but this seems like it is likely helpful to others.

Take care...

Reactions: zyt