Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Well I have done nothing to my Jeep for a week. I had it in the shop for a pinion leak and they found this.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1598350437434

Apparently, the stocks axle did not like a skinny pedal application while in Moab or the Rubicon Trail. I had already planned on doing this upgrade so no better time than when it is already apart and on a lift. This is way better than changing the axles on the trail or side of the road. Now if the Yukon Heavy-duty 4340 Chromoly axles would come in. We could button this thing back up. I got wheeling to do.

I also have a fridge slide to install and a rear cargo shelf to put in. Sept, 2nd will be here before I know it.

MIWrangler

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looks Good! I installed mine in March, I had a hard time getting it closed.
Not Hot enough in March to stretch out.
Same! I had to hold on to each arm and use all 180 ponds of me hanging off the side of the Jeep to stretch out the fabric connected to the lift assist on each side just so it would lock into place. Once closed all the way and outside in the sun, I waited a good week before I tried to open it back up lol.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
those are some sweet wheels....the rig looks good what lift do you have.... I go to thomasville at least 2 times a year I have a buddy there that is in the PD there

BigBarrett

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Well I have done nothing to my Jeep for a week. I had it in the shop for a pinion leak and they found this.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1598370788591

Apparently, the stocks axle did not like a skinny pedal application while in Moab or the Rubicon Trail. I had already planned on doing this upgrade so no better time than when it is already apart and on a lift. This is way better than changing the axles on the trail or side of the road. Now if the Yukon Heavy-duty 4340 Chromoly axles would come in. We could button this thing back up. I got wheeling to do.

I also have a fridge slide to install and a rear cargo shelf to put in. Sept, 2nd will be here before I know it.

How many miles on the car, and what size tires were you running?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
How many miles on the car, and what size tires were you running?
It has 33,000 miles on it. I put 37s on it the day after I bought it. It has been wheeled all over the country and has pulled a camper for over 10,000 miles. It has done 26 Jeep badge of Honor trails and is not a daily driver. 90% of the miles were Jeep wheeling related miles. I just got back from a 5734 mile wheeling trip that included 8 days in Moab, and the Rubicon Trail.

SCOFF44

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon
those are some sweet wheels....the rig looks good what lift do you have.... I go to thomasville at least 2 times a year I have a buddy there that is in the PD there
Awesome, PM me his name I might know him.

Lift is Mopar 2"

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
We got some friends coming in from outta town to wheel, the wife says better safe than sorry......:)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7474C96E-1774-4F48-B499-2229CE1AFC9D
also Colby approved! :like:

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
It has 33,000 miles on it. I put 37s on it the day after I bought it. It has been wheeled all over the country and has pulled a camper for over 10,000 miles. It has done 26 Jeep badge of Honor trails and is not a daily driver. 90% of the miles were Jeep wheeling related miles. I just got back from a 5734 mile wheeling trip that included 8 days in Moab, and the Rubicon Trail.
I’m surprised they actually look that good.