What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Daffydnbugs

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler RUBICON
Ok, the caps finally got here... Geeeez, the USPS is slow moving stuff across the USA these days..

Anyway, the caps are real nice.. Finish is more then acceptable. Snap on fit for both doors and rear hatch door. Though the door caps snapped on tightly, I did use a small piece of double sided tape on them to ace my bet so to speak.

As for the rear hatch door lock. That lock if you look close is a tad thinner then the door locks.
Yes, the cap snapped on.... perfect fit, but again, I wanted something to adhere the cap to the lock..

For this hatch lock cap, I used a tiny dab of Goop Flexible epoxy on the lip of the cap in 3 places and then I pushed the cap on. It snapped right on and when the Goop dries it will grab tightly/firmly. Goop is flexible and will give though, so if ever I need to remove that cap, I can easily, gently, pry it off.

I had 3 very critical people (and me) scrutinize the installed caps. We all agreed that the finish on the caps is aok. The caps fit tight, look good and more importantly, will keep water, mud, salt and all out of the locks they cover.

I will be posting a link where to purchase these, in the next few days...

So, here are pics of the caps.
cap01.jpg

cap02.jpg

cap02b.jpg

@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@mjaga
@Coyne11
@DaddyEngineer
@JustCougIt
@Heather87
@Stingray20Idaho
@DrPerez007
@edotdiggs
@Fire Burns
@JHTS
@Vynter
@slamr
@Mikeyut3
@Erik
@Alleycat14
@Rock Hopper
@obakesan
@Ezun
@James_a
@Maverick909
@ArmannB
@KsLand
@ralphgb
@Graceme123
@higbyz
@Tdarby
@BritishGuy
@CarbonSteel
@RagTopDeluxe
@pookiebb
@MMalone
@Oldfart
@mikej
@ShariJeep
@Daffydnbugs
@MMalone

@anyone I missed 8-)
They look great!

Dano36

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon, 2016 Torch Red Corvette, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Whatever it takes.
Received and installed the Sunrider today. Took about an hour. Would have gone easier if I had taken the front Mopar grab handles off before I put the rails on. Ruby goes in Monday for the steering box TSB. Emailed my dealer with the TSB last week, they called me yesterday and had the parts and wanted to make a service appointment. No fuss, no questions. Good service is still out there.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
They look great!

Yes, they look great... also, for the low price, the look, the protection afforded, well.... they are also, a real decent offering for little $ out.

OH.... Got the 3D Printer guy working on another JL/JT goodie... Guy/gals that drop their JL's windshield and or, are into Easter Eggs, will love this one....

It's a windshield wiper arm cap that has a JL grill on it, that looks oh so cool, and it also has a "notch". Geeeez, the factory cap does not even have a notch.

A notch you ask. Yes, a small notch that allows quick and easy removal without buggering up the cap... Guys/gals that have removed the cap in question will understand... SO, Easter Egg and functionality...

Low prices on this item, also.. the 3D printer guys heart is in the right place lets say. He wants to do a solid for his fellow JL owner's.

Last edited:

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
I wanted some extra storage in the back, and the empty space above the wheel well seemed like the easiest option.

I combined a set of Molle Platform Solutions Panels with some generic Molle Bags off of Amazon.

The solution works well, is portable and doesn't interfere with the seats or my backbone rack system.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EF48D390-E37A-4A0E-AEA6-82FA874269E5

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EF48D390-E37A-4A0E-AEA6-82FA874269E5
I really like that. Is the bag in picture same bag u linked? Looks different.

Jeep Hair

First Name
Bree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
3rd day in a row I got a package in the mail.
Hubby: "More Jeep stuff?"
Me: "So!"

Today I put velcro straps (recommended by someone here, tyvm!) around the soft top so they don't block my rearview mirror.

KsLand

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
added a few things today - fuel trophy d551 wheels, 35/12.50/17 Toyo Open Country MT, Fox 2.0 shocks, leveling kit, AVS hood guard, rugged ridge headlight and taillight guards. Removed the extension on the factory bumper.

before and after.

EEA211B6-9CCA-4996-A41A-E1EDB61EB5B6.jpeg

93594711-6E83-419F-8596-506B364CF353.jpeg

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
well I re-purpose or whatever the term is, got new area rugs for the house so tossed the old ones out in the garage, a little easier on the back laying under neath and wrenching vs being on cold concrete. yes, the garage is a little cluttered, but have heat/AC, lighting, tools and beer so I am good :) When I built the house, insulated it, sheet rocked, had ceiling fans installed, have scuttle into attic to store parts, plus best thing was a stairway into the basement of house plus door to back yard. Also got some used kitchen cabinets, so hung those and added 12 ft of base cabinet and counter top. Everyone should have a nice garage to go play in. Love polishing and detailing in the garage, plus do my share of wrenching with 10 cars !
That’s what I did too when we build. Trough drain straight across with heat to detail in winter. Added a zone of music for out there when I wired in my house audio. I love it. I throw the heat up and turn my music on. I did a man door to my basement in the garage too to make utility room work cleaner in winter if need be. Adding a 4 foot wide door vs a 3 foot has also saved us a few times already. Even when we built having the heat in garage was well money spent to have that as a cutting stage area to keep my dad’s and my buddies doing dirty work out there vs in the house.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Well I will be in Maine again.... Sooner or later. I love watching Sunrise from Cadillac Mountain top. out by Bar Harbor. I was there a few years ago on my motorcycle to eat lobster and see the sunrise.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200820_200640

Before the Jeep, I motorcycled all 48 lower states.
MDI is one of my favorite places on this planet. My in-laws have a p;ace across the bay. It’s heaven out there.

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So how does this work with the Rubicon? Did you take out your sway bar disconnect motor? Is it more flex?
Yes I removed the Stock Sway bar. I have heard from people that there is more flex. I have yet to test this out yet. This set up will still flex very well while preventing excessive body roll like I was getting when I disconnected my sway. So Far I am about a week into this install and haven't taken off road yet. I plan to start testing it out this weekend.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Received and installed the Sunrider today. Took about an hour. Would have gone easier if I had taken the front Mopar grab handles off before I put the rails on. Ruby goes in Monday for the steering box TSB. Emailed my dealer with the TSB last week, they called me yesterday and had the parts and wanted to make a service appointment. No fuss, no questions. Good service is still out there.
I put on a sunrider about a week or so ago. I love it. I open it just about every time I drive my Jeep.