What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Buzz11

First Name
Buzz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLR, 2001 Wrangler TJ Sport
I really need to do this also. It is on my list.
It's an easy install, long as you remember to keep the shocks compressed ... which I didn't do for the first one. First one took 90 mins, second one was about 15 mins. I ended up using ratchet straps in advance on the 2nd one.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
added more bits for the soft top, installed the tub corner parts, brackets, and the door surrounds.
Also cleaned and put sealer on the top of the tub and sport bars and door jams. Cleaned all the gaskets and applied 303 to em. Lastly used some silicone spray in the track the wheel for soft top rides in , so ready to go. Only tip I would give is loosed the 2 shoulder bolts on the C pillars before you install the rear door surrounds, makes it easier to in stall and tighten them back up afterward.

IMG_1575.JPG

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_1581.JPG

IMG_1585.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
added more bits for the soft top, installed the tub corner parts, brackets, and the door surrounds.
Also cleaned and put sealer on the top of the tub and sport bars and door jams. Cleaned all the gaskets and applied 303 to em. Lastly used some silicone spray in the track the wheel for soft top rides in , so ready to go. Only tip I would give is loosed the 2 shoulder bolts on the C pillars before you install the rear door surrounds, makes it easier to in stall and tighten them back up afterward.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1591.JPG

And I thought I was fancy using Harbor Freight moving blankets to lay on while working on Jeeps. Obviously, I need to up my game.

Nice nekkid Jeep by the way. Now lets see some pics out in the wild or the beach. I think driving my jeep nekkid around town or just in general is just as much fun as wheeling it on the trail.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
And I thought I was fancy using Harbor Freight moving blankets to lay on while working on Jeeps. Obviously, I need to up my game.

Nice nekkid Jeep by the way. Now lets see some pics out in the wild or the beach. I think driving my jeep nekkid around town or just in general is just as much fun as wheeling it on the trail.
Haha, glad I’m not the only one that uses those harbor freight moving blanket to work on the jeep.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_1575.JPG

IMG_1576.JPG

IMG_1579.JPG

IMG_1581.JPG

IMG_1585.JPG

IMG_1586.JPG

IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG
At first I thought you were in your house working on the jeep! :CWL: Garage looks good though!

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
At first I thought you were in your house working on the jeep! :CWL: Garage looks good though!
well I re-purpose or whatever the term is, got new area rugs for the house so tossed the old ones out in the garage, a little easier on the back laying under neath and wrenching vs being on cold concrete. yes, the garage is a little cluttered, but have heat/AC, lighting, tools and beer so I am good :) When I built the house, insulated it, sheet rocked, had ceiling fans installed, have scuttle into attic to store parts, plus best thing was a stairway into the basement of house plus door to back yard. Also got some used kitchen cabinets, so hung those and added 12 ft of base cabinet and counter top. Everyone should have a nice garage to go play in. Love polishing and detailing in the garage, plus do my share of wrenching with 10 cars !

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I hope to get the soft top on this wekend, will drive out to a small beach near me and take a few pics, wish you lived in the area, love looking at your adventures!

My wife and I drove around this past weekend with the tube doors on. Our 80 yr old neighbor had her clan over and they were outside on their front porch celebrating something. Background she has a friend who had a JK, now imagine 2 old ladies 70sh going out in a Jeep. So one day at neighborhood Xmas party about 5 yrs ago, ask her if she goes wheeling with her freind :) Well I got a lecture about how she hated her freind's Jeep LOL, so had to drive by, here jaw dropped as we rode by and waved! Her two daughters and a few others gave us the thumbs up!

Also was driving thru neighboring town Freeport, LL beans and bunch of outlet stores and restaurants. As we slowed down to turn, had to stop because of folks in the crosswalk. On sidewalk all the restaurants have outside dining. Anyhow a family eating and daughter(looked to be 17sh) sees us, and I watched her jaw drop as she noticed us and stared and smiled, wife waved to her and said you need a Jeep! Something tells me she will be bugging pops for a Jeep.

Per the rugs, wife got some new ones for the house so I just re-use. Had some older ones but they were pretty beat up, so they got the heave ho and I got some clean ones.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Well I will be in Maine again.... Sooner or later. I love watching Sunrise from Cadillac Mountain top. out by Bar Harbor. I was there a few years ago on my motorcycle to eat lobster and see the sunrise.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1597935263534

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1597935328771

Before the Jeep, I motorcycled all 48 lower states.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1597935384029

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is nice to be retired! Good for you for touring and exploring.

Bar Harbor is really nice, hope to go up there in a few weeks when it is less crowded.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Well I will be in Maine again.... Sooner or later. I love watching Sunrise from Cadillac Mountain top. out by Bar Harbor. I was there a few years ago on my motorcycle to eat lobster and see the sunrise.

Before the Jeep, I motorcycled all 48 lower states.
Hmmm... you just gave me an idea for this weekend. I was looking at Maryland for crab... but Lobster hey...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
On EDIT: Was just informed, the Set of 3 caps (caps with key holes or without key holes) will be priced at a little less then $15.00 and that includes postage/USPS mailing, to Continental USA buyer.

Custom fit for both JL and JT. There will also be a 2 cap set, no key holes and with keyholes..

Made in the USA
Ok, the caps finally got here... Geeeez, the USPS is slow moving stuff across the USA these days..

Anyway, the caps are real nice.. Finish is more then acceptable. Snap on fit for both doors and rear hatch door. Though the door caps snapped on tightly, I did use a small piece of double sided tape on them to ace my bet so to speak.

As for the rear hatch door lock. That lock if you look close is a tad thinner then the door locks.
Yes, the cap snapped on.... perfect fit, but again, I wanted something to adhere the cap to the lock..

For this hatch lock cap, I used a tiny dab of Goop Flexible epoxy on the lip of the cap in 3 places and then I pushed the cap on. It snapped right on and when the Goop dries it will grab tightly/firmly. Goop is flexible and will give though, so if ever I need to remove that cap, I can easily, gently, pry it off.

I had 3 very critical people (and me) scrutinize the installed caps. We all agreed that the finish on the caps is aok. The caps fit tight, look good and more importantly, will keep water, mud, salt and all out of the locks they cover.

I will be posting a link where to purchase these, in the next few days...

So, here are pics of the caps.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? cap01

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? cap02

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? cap02b

@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@mjaga
@Coyne11
@DaddyEngineer
@JustCougIt
@Heather87
@Stingray20Idaho
@DrPerez007
@edotdiggs
@Fire Burns
@JHTS
@Vynter
@slamr
@Mikeyut3
@Erik
@Alleycat14
@Rock Hopper
@obakesan
@Ezun
@James_a
@Maverick909
@ArmannB
@KsLand
@ralphgb
@Graceme123
@higbyz
@Tdarby
@BritishGuy
@CarbonSteel
@RagTopDeluxe
@pookiebb
@MMalone
@Oldfart
@mikej
@ShariJeep
@Daffydnbugs
@MMalone

@anyone I missed 8-)

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Nice! Ready to order when the link is up...

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Katzkin black leather, red stitch, perforated center, and suede wings. It was a lot cheaper to order through my local shop than from the manufacturer.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C8620E3C-4D27-4BB1-A1C4-4772812FA8CD