What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
That is a great looking sled., and as a wannabe detailer, that was impressively done....
Interesting to see the reply, but I use Tire Bleach and scrub like heck to get them degreased and cleaned. If you want to hit them with purple power degreaser first, then a white wall bleach, that will get the dirt off. Tire cleaners are ok, but the tire bleach (darn near required if running white letters) is really effective. Also, the quality of the tire dressing matters too. Some of the cheap dressings will make even a modestly clean tire look brownish. Believe it or not, a not so well know brand called Cover All is my current tire dressing of choice.., love the stuff.
https://superiorproducts.com/product/cover-all-high-gloss-tire-dressing-aerosol/
Does it foam? I donā€™t like the foam stuff. Is it a gel type product in that it doesnā€™t throw when driving? I have been using gel on all my trucks but now with having really nubby tires doing the edges is brutal with my current gel and microfiber pad. Can u control the spray pretty well to prevent overspray?

I think I need a new tire process. It took me 30 mins to dress mine now.

Graceme123

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S
Add me to t
@Ezun

The one's on eBAY are Sant's caps. Also, if you do a Google search there are other generic caps out there that will work, but are not custom, form fitted caps.

The ones I have been talking about are another cap offering that is just becoming available.

I will add you to my list though, just in case you are interested in this custom, snap on, form fit cap set.
Add me to the list please.

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
I finally got my shocks dialed in and my bump stops set.

front......
42B0EC96-6246-4E9B-8A45-FF398CA73E8E.jpeg

rear......
C4E1C6E5-1BD1-4625-A704-A1C160582C31.jpeg

I couldnā€™t add any more height to my ramp , as it was getting to far forward.....:facepalm:

E641D2D9-347B-4A98-8A87-72A00E4D5EE5.jpeg

So I scrapped it, and built a new one. This ones out of 2x12s, and itā€™s 43ā€ tall. Thatā€™s as high as I can go and keep all wheels on the ground ......:).

21C9C97C-9B98-4967-AECE-1B142A6825E6.jpeg
503395EC-A5CB-4C6E-93B1-E1A85926CD6A.jpeg
[
34F3E578-8730-4F29-A95C-389932E88E4E.jpeg
WTF !!! Looks like Colby is too smart to hang around when you start levitating your jeep.:CWL:

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
@Ezun

The one's on eBAY are Sant's caps. Also, if you do a Google search there are other generic caps out there that will work, but are not custom, form fitted caps.

The ones I have been talking about are another cap offering that is just becoming available.

I will add you to my list though, just in case you are interested in this custom, snap on, form fit cap set.
Yes, Iā€™m definitely interested! Iā€™d prefer these custom ones.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
I picked up my
Sorry, that this thread has been deluged with custom, Door Lock Cap related posts.

Guess I opened the flood gates so to speak.. My intentions were right....

-At least my sorry sign, is the color Punk'n.
The best color :rock:.

Iā€˜m interested in a set, too. Thanks!

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
Finished off the Headlight Revolution party. Previously put the LED S.V4 bulbs in, yesterday added the LED turn signal (and now have white DRLs), today added the LED fog lamp bulbs and trimmed the splash guards. Done for awhile.

jeep2%20-%203.jpg

jeep2%20-%202.jpg

jeep2%20-%201.jpg

jeep2%20-%204.jpg

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
@rustyshakelford installed these for me:

1. @Metalcloak tie-rod, drag link, and trackbar

2. Mopar longer lower control arms

3. Synergy Front Track Bar and Sector Shaft Brace

4. Reinstalled my Fox steering stabilizer and Synergy relocation kit

5. Performed an alignment

The steering feels very different (nice and firm) and does not wander like it did previously. Caster increased to 6.4Ā° (left) and 6.3Ā° (right); we did not check it prior to replacing them, but I would guess it was 4.5 to 5.

My Rubicon is not lifted so the longer arms likely made more of a difference versus a lifted Jeep @rustyshakelford keep me honest here.

Thanks to @Roky, the bushing in the Synergy sector shaft brace has a set screw and is red loctited in. We used Mystik grease with 3% moly for all components, but the jury is still out on the Synergy brace. I turned really sharp once tonight and heard a bit of groaning so time will tell. If it does the typical things that others have posted, I will cut the ears off and simply use it as a brace like the JK models.

If anyone needs seriously quality work done, contact @rustyshakelford; his work and ethics are unbeatable.

JLUCQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Bath day and got the Jeep more naked than last time. Itā€™s getting less and less shy. I canā€™t wait to get my soft top next summer!

No rain for a few days so Iā€™m going to go to work tomorrow with the doors off. I hope I donā€™t regret it. Oh and take the kids for ice cream tonight. lol they are dieing to go for a ride with no doors. Iā€™m sketchy with both of them in the back so Iā€™m going to have my daughter ride up front with me cause she is old enough and have my wife ride in the back with my son. Am I being too overprotective?

Can I just say. Best truck I ever owned. I feel like Iā€™m cheating on the Tahoe even thought itā€™s my wifeā€™s daily driver we have always owned one and itā€™s been the truck I take care of the most.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? jeep2%20-%204
Probably a little different if your kids are older but I go roof off, front doors off, back doors on with my 1 year old in a rear facing car seat. I don't really go on the highway if she's with me either.

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got my Cascadia front license plate bracket. Hated that I had to do it, but in California no front license plate is a ticket and a reason to be pulled over. It is a good product however. Note: if you use an Ultra Hook with a rope guard, use the spacer designed for the roller fairlead or the plate will sit at an upward angle.

IMG_20200811_171939.jpg

IMG_20200811_171932.jpg

pookiebb

First Name
Lynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Dodge Dart, to be turned in when my 2021 JLU gets here
@LizardBoy
@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@OldGuyNewJeep
@anyone I missed 8-)

In regard to the caps... The 3D Caps for the Door Locks that I mentioned the other day have been designed, 3D printed (using ABS) and are on the way across the USA to me in New York, via USPS. I should have them by the end of the week.

I will install right away, and if they are as terrific as I expect/have been led to believe, well, I will let the 3D print guy know and then he will be making them available right away to all here that want a set..

As I mentioned, no profit motivation by the guy, 3D printing them. A fellow JL owner that is doing us all a solid, lets say.

By the way, did you ever look real close at the chrome door locks that we will be covering... Well, the diameter of the ones on the door are a different diameter then the one on the tail gate. Also, if you look real close you will notice that the tail gate one, is actually thinner then the ones on the doors...

With that said, the 3D printer guy /designer, had his work cut out for him in regard to measuring, design and such..

I have to give him credit.. Rather then coming up with a cap / 3D printing a cap, that one size fits all loosely, and you have to use double tape them on to get them to stay on, he professionally, designed caps that fit each lock very tightly.. so tightly you really do not need to use double sided tape....

I do plan to use double sided tape though .. I'll use double sided tape as a tad extra bit of security, as to not see the caps(s) blowing off and ending up in Brazil or somewhere else. 8-)

Here is a cut a way pic the printer sent me.... it shows a cut away / half of the cap that will be sent to me. Notice the way it fits/ conforms... real tight..
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200811_171932

So, I just wanted to let all that expressed interest, that the custom cap(s) is a reality.

Will be available soon. Just need another opinion on them, to find tune the mailing of same and then a link will go up where you can get them.

I want to thank the 3D printer guy, once again. He really isn't going to make money on these. When you see what he is charging you will understand what I am saying and why I'm thanking him.
I think I'm interested as well, if you can add me to your list!

MMalone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4XE White
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
@LizardBoy
@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@OldGuyNewJeep
@anyone I missed 8-)

In regard to the caps... The 3D Caps for the Door Locks that I mentioned the other day have been designed, 3D printed (using ABS) and are on the way across the USA to me in New York, via USPS. I should have them by the end of the week.

I will install right away, and if they are as terrific as I expect/have been led to believe, well, I will let the 3D print guy know and then he will be making them available right away to all here that want a set..

As I mentioned, no profit motivation by the guy, 3D printing them. A fellow JL owner that is doing us all a solid, lets say.

By the way, did you ever look real close at the chrome door locks that we will be covering... Well, the diameter of the ones on the door are a different diameter then the one on the tail gate. Also, if you look real close you will notice that the tail gate one, is actually thinner then the ones on the doors...

With that said, the 3D printer guy /designer, had his work cut out for him in regard to measuring, design and such..

I have to give him credit.. Rather then coming up with a cap / 3D printing a cap, that one size fits all loosely, and you have to use double tape them on to get them to stay on, he professionally, designed caps that fit each lock very tightly.. so tightly you really do not need to use double sided tape....

I do plan to use double sided tape though .. I'll use double sided tape as a tad extra bit of security, as to not see the caps(s) blowing off and ending up in Brazil or somewhere else. 8-)

Here is a cut a way pic the printer sent me.... it shows a cut away / half of the cap that will be sent to me. Notice the way it fits/ conforms... real tight..
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200811_171932

So, I just wanted to let all that expressed interest, that the custom cap(s) is a reality.

Will be available soon. Just need another opinion on them, to find tune the mailing of same and then a link will go up where you can get them.

I want to thank the 3D printer guy, once again. He really isn't going to make money on these. When you see what he is charging you will understand what I am saying and why I'm thanking him.
i'm in for an order when available