What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

WestTex42

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7749E1B5-BE1B-4E0B-A3FE-354723117470

I finished mounting my Lange Powered Hoist. Not as bad of an install as I had feared. All the ceiling stud finding, marking, measuring, and brace mounting took the longest. Going to be 104 and dusty here the next couple days, so looks like the top won’t come off until the weekend.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
@Mikeyut3

Yes, also a 3 cap set with a key hole in them. The caps will fit really snugly and dress things up ..

I'll put you on my list and let you know when they are available. They will cost under $15 for the 3 cap set and postage is included.
@Rhinebeck01

I am definitely interested in the 3 Cap set. I also thought I would pass on that I have key hole covers on a few of my cars-I believe they were made by a company called bumperplugs.com

They are very different (more like buttons) and they are painted to match the body color, but the main reason I am sharing is that they tend to stay in place because they have a piece that actually "protrudes" into the key slot. While the design is complety different from what we need for our Jeeps, It might be something for the designer to consider to help with overall retention. Maybe there is a reason not to do it or it may be prohibitive to produce them this way, but it sure beats the hell out of using two sided tape (if that were the case). Just my .02 If it is a bad idea to consider then keep the change!

I'll buy a set either way~

Here are some photo's of what I am talking about. Hope it helps.

key1_op_722x541.jpg

DoorPlugSilverTurbo.jpg

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Borla climber touring installed. 17 pounds lighter than stock. It’s very quiet, hopefully it gets louder after some miles

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DoorPlugSilverTurbo

I like quiet. If you can find the time. record a video. If you do make a sound clip, don’t get to close. All the videos I have heard of this exhaust have to much distortion. You would be doing a service for sure.

obakesan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
An update for the eBay Santi caps. I had one apparently fly off after two days. No off-roading or large bumps and I prepped the surface correctly. I checked the other caps and found that they moved a bit because of the really high temps here in Florida right now. I’m going to reach out for a replacement but it appears the new tight design might be a better option.

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
They are actually Smittybilt SRC side armor with steps. So far, I guess I don’t have any real complaints about them. The price was right, I needed some sort of steps for the wife, and liked the look of them.
Thank you.., they do look great, and thanks for the feedback too. Take care.

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
@LizardBoy
@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@OldGuyNewJeep
@anyone I missed 8-)

In regard to the caps... The 3D Caps for the Door Locks that I mentioned the other day have been designed, 3D printed (using ABS) and are on the way across the USA to me in New York, via USPS. I should have them by the end of the week.

I will install right away, and if they are as terrific as I expect/have been led to believe, well, I will let the 3D print guy know and then he will be making them available right away to all here that want a set..

As I mentioned, no profit motivation by the guy, 3D printing them. A fellow JL owner that is doing us all a solid, lets say.

By the way, did you ever look real close at the chrome door locks that we will be covering... Well, the diameter of the ones on the door are a different diameter then the one on the tail gate. Also, if you look real close you will notice that the tail gate one, is actually thinner then the ones on the doors...

With that said, the 3D printer guy /designer, had his work cut out for him in regard to measuring, design and such..

I have to give him credit.. Rather then coming up with a cap / 3D printing a cap, that one size fits all loosely, and you have to use double tape them on to get them to stay on, he professionally, designed caps that fit each lock very tightly.. so tightly you really do not need to use double sided tape....

I do plan to use double sided tape though .. I'll use double sided tape as a tad extra bit of security, as to not see the caps(s) blowing off and ending up in Brazil or somewhere else. 8-)

Here is a cut a way pic the printer sent me.... it shows a cut away / half of the cap that will be sent to me. Notice the way it fits/ conforms... real tight..

So, I just wanted to let all that expressed interest, that the custom cap(s) is a reality.

Will be available soon. Just need another opinion on them, to find tune the mailing of same and then a link will go up where you can get them.

I want to thank the 3D printer guy, once again. He really isn't going to make money on these. When you see what he is charging you will understand what I am saying and why I'm thanking him.
Please add me to the list, I was going to order them on eBay but they sold out.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Please add me to the list, I was going to order them on eBay but they sold out.
@Ezun

The one's on eBAY are Sant's caps. Also, if you do a Google search there are other generic caps out there that will work, but are not custom, form fitted caps.

The ones I have been talking about are another cap offering that is just becoming available.

I will add you to my list though, just in case you are interested in this custom, snap on, form fit cap set.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
An update for the eBay Santi caps. I had one apparently fly off after two days. No off-roading or large bumps and I prepped the surface correctly. I checked the other caps and found that they moved a bit because of the really high temps here in Florida right now. I’m going to reach out for a replacement but it appears the new tight design might be a better option.
@obakesan

Thanks for posting this info here. Hopefully, the guy will send you a replacement cap. Let us know how you make out.

To be honest, I figured the non, form fitted cap, attached with double sided tape would be a prime candidate for doing just as you had happen.

By the way, when I was researching caps (also tried to get an eval cap set) for the JL, I asked Sant's caps what he was placing in the caps to secure them to the JL with... I told him I was concerned ... Here is the reply:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6666.JPG

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Ok but has nothing to do with larger tires. Im resetting my toe right now. Had 1/8" IN. I'll keep changing until i get to a sweet spot.
Toe is the measured difference between both the leading and trailing edges of the tires.

An increase in tire diameter will increase the toe-in
@chewieHVT

I am keeping a running list of all here that give a thumbs up or a "I'm in", etc. in regard to the caps that I have been talking about.

As soon as I personally see them and give the Designer/3D printer guy, my opinion of them, then the Designer/3D Printer guy, will make a link available, where those interested in them can go and order.

Along with my opinion of the caps, the Design/3D Printer guy also wants to see how the caps, weather getting mailed across the USA in a regular envelope. They should do fine but again, he wants to be sure, before he starts sending a bunch of orders out.

At less then $15.00 per set of 3, the Designer/Printer guy, has to really watch his expenses.

Figure his time to measure and to design is worth something, he has to pay for the materials, wear and tear and run time on one of his 3D printers... then he has to process/smooth the surface of the caps, pay to have them listed on a website, process the payments, package the products for mailing and then take the packages (envelopes) to the post office.

Reality is the Designer/Printer guy is probably making small change, or breaking even, on each cap set.

I know he told me he really wanted to do something for his fellow JL owner's / forum member's. He also, has hopes, that quite possibility,the caps on his website may bring him sales on his other stuff there.

Anyway, I truly appreciate the Designer/Printer guy, for doing the deed so to speak, in regard to the caps.

A truly decent form fitting cap set, Made in the USA and not some Chinese crapola, offering.. I'm ready, come on USPS,
Count me in. I'll probably get a few sets. My best buds girlfriend just got a JL and a spare set couldn't hurt. Plus, it'll bloat a sale for your new friend.

Thanks to the both of you!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Borla climber touring installed. 17 pounds lighter than stock. It’s very quiet, hopefully it gets louder after some miles

Looks great! Is it louder than stock, but just not as loud as you'd really like? Or is it too close to stock to notice much difference? I'm looking for a bit more sound, without giving too much of my position away. Thanks

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

@Mikeyut3

Yes, also a 3 cap set with a key hole in them. The caps will fit really snugly and dress things up ..

I'll put you on my list and let you know when they are available. They will cost under $15 for the 3 cap set and postage is included.
im in

KsLand

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
[/QUOTE]
@LizardBoy
@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@OldGuyNewJeep
@anyone I missed 8-)

In regard to the caps... The 3D Caps for the Door Locks that I mentioned the other day have been designed, 3D printed (using ABS) and are on the way across the USA to me in New York, via USPS. I should have them by the end of the week.

I will install right away, and if they are as terrific as I expect/have been led to believe, well, I will let the 3D print guy know and then he will be making them available right away to all here that want a set..

As I mentioned, no profit motivation by the guy, 3D printing them. A fellow JL owner that is doing us all a solid, lets say.

By the way, did you ever look real close at the chrome door locks that we will be covering... Well, the diameter of the ones on the door are a different diameter then the one on the tail gate. Also, if you look real close you will notice that the tail gate one, is actually thinner then the ones on the doors...

With that said, the 3D printer guy /designer, had his work cut out for him in regard to measuring, design and such..

I have to give him credit.. Rather then coming up with a cap / 3D printing a cap, that one size fits all loosely, and you have to use double tape them on to get them to stay on, he professionally, designed caps that fit each lock very tightly.. so tightly you really do not need to use double sided tape....

I do plan to use double sided tape though .. I'll use double sided tape as a tad extra bit of security, as to not see the caps(s) blowing off and ending up in Brazil or somewhere else. 8-)

Here is a cut a way pic the printer sent me.... it shows a cut away / half of the cap that will be sent to me. Notice the way it fits/ conforms... real tight..
12345.png

So, I just wanted to let all that expressed interest, that the custom cap(s) is a reality.

Will be available soon. Just need another opinion on them, to find tune the mailing of same and then a link will go up where you can get them.

I want to thank the 3D printer guy, once again. He really isn't going to make money on these. When you see what he is charging you will understand what I am saying and why I'm thanking him.
please add me to the list