What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
You keep touting the Made In The USA thing, but Santi’s Caps are made by a guy in NH.

Again, I have no skin in the game either way. But let’s not put down someone who was first to market by calling his stuff Chinese crapola.
@ConqSoft

YES, I avoid Chinese Crapola, if I can.

Who said anything about Santi's Caps.... in regard to Chinese crapola? I never did!

I mentioned "Chinese Crapola", in the broadest sense as I frequently do on the forum.

Since YOU brought it up, are Santi's Caps being Made in the USA.... or are they really made in China, etc.... . they a generic cap of sorts, a cap that will fit a lot of things using double sided tape to secure them, again, are they made in China or elsewhere. Sure Santi sells from NH, but....

Reality is, who gives a fruck! ... As mentioned I did not say Santi's caps were Chinese Crapola... but yeah, maybe they are. Why don't you ask Santi, where he buys them in bulk from.

"First to Market" ... phooey... they are generic caps... will fit anything you can double sided tape them to.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
YES, I avoid Chinese Crapola, if I can.

Who said anything about Santi's Caps.... in regard to Chinese crapola? I never did!

I mentioned "Chinese Crapola", in the broadest sense as I frequently do on the forum.

Since YOU brought it up, are Santi's Caps being Made in the USA.... or are they really made in the USA... or are they a generic cap of sorts, a cap that will fit a lot of things with double sided tape, that are made in China or elsewhere. Sure Santi sells from NH, but....

Reality is, who give a fruck! ... As mentioned I did not say Sant's caps were Chinese Crapola... but yeah, maybe they are. Why don't you ask Santi, where he buys them in bulk from.
Well since you stated early on, in response to my original post, that the Santi’s Caps were the only ones you could find, but didn’t wsnt to pay the ~$26 for them, how could I assume you were referring to any others?

And yes, Will Santiago, who is also a Jeep owner, claims they are hand made made by him in the USA. Have I gone to his house to watch him make them? Nope.

You can get to his Facebook profile from here if you would like to interrogate him:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/375448953318950/

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well since you stated early on, in response to my original post, that the Santi’s Caps were the only ones you could find, but didn’t wsnt to pay the ~$26 for them, how could I assume you were referring to any others?

And yes, Will Santiago, who is also a Jeep owner, claims they are made by him in the USA. Have I gone to his house to watch him make them? Nope.
@ConqSoft

For the record, there are other caps out there, not just Santi's caps. I found a few cap offerings out there for the JK and JL. Bulk caps, non form fitted, from China..

Again, who the fruck cares. You have you panties in a bunch not me.. Again who the fruck cares. You got your $29 caps (price gouging) so enjoy them and...........

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
@ConqSoft

For the record, there are other caps out there, not just Santi's caps. I found a few cap offerings out there for the JK and JL. Bulk caps, non form fitted, from China..

Again, who the fruck cares. You have you panties in a bunch not me.. Again who the fruck cares. You got your $29 caps so enjoy them and...........
Yes, that’s what I thought you’d say.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
@plex

Actually, I had entertained buying a set of those a ways back... I was in the end put off a tad with the chrome look though. I already see so much chrome everyday on my Harley, FatBoy 01.

Do they look more like stainless like, then chrome in person. I would prefer more pf a stainless look.
Your's look good ...

Any chance you could set up a Go Fund Me Page or whatever they friggin call it, for me, to get me some additional cash for these pedal covers.. I'd install them if ya can help a guy out. :rock:
They don't look like chrome at all, they are stainless steel with rubbers.

PM me your address and I will send you one set. Keep in mind they are "Chinese Crapola", but who cares you put your boots on them, not kiss them.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They don't look like chrome at all, they are stainless steel with rubbers.

PM me your address and I will send you one set. Keep in mind they are "Chinese Crapola", but who cares you put your boots on them, not kiss them.
@plex

I've seen a couple of guys over the last year say they installed pedal covers.. One guy said they popped off and he did something to get them to stay on better... another guy said they can be a pain to get on but he loved them.. Not sure whether they were the same brand.

Yes, stainless appeals to me but not chrome as I mentioned.

YES, when I can, I avoid Chinese crapola. Example, I bought the US made, OCD liners versus the Chinese Crapola offerings that are out there for less $. I just feel lets say better not buying Chinese crapola.. but yes, I have on occasion done so...

So, how was the install, how do you like so far... yeah, I'll take that extra set you have... :CWL: So, no way on the Go Fund Me Page for this destitute ole guy...

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
Removed the Wrangler stickers and the euro dam mud flaps.
6FD28FE7-DA6F-4302-A573-6C32E696A14E.jpeg
3EA93C31-CD22-4A07-A826-E703AB88A48A.jpeg
@ Caskil49, is that a set of ACE Eng rock rails? If so.., do you like them/recommend? TIA.., trying to decide whether or not to pick up a set and bolt them up....

JHTS

First Name
John & Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gecko JLU Freedom, 2020 Punk'n JL Sport S
Occupation
John - US Army Ret/DA Civilian / Holly - Boss of husband
@plex

Adam Truckey (AJT Fobs) contacted me this morning.... he said:

"Interesting idea. If you had a whole thread going with interested people I would consider it.
No one has ever asked me about this before, so not sure how many would actually be interested. Thanks for passing this on. Feel free to pass this on to the forum.
"
I am interested also. I see Punkin is now available as a color choice, any plans for Bikini?

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
@plex

I've seen a couple of guys over the last year say they installed pedal covers.. One guy said they popped off and he did something to get them to stay on better... another guy said they can be a pain to get on but he loved them.. Not sure whether they were the same brand.

Yes, stainless appeals to me but not chrome as I mentioned.

YES, when I can, I avoid Chinese crapola. Example, I bought the US made, OCD liners versus the Chinese Crapola offerings that are out there for less $. I just feel lets say better not buying Chinese crapola.. but yes, I have on occasion done so...

So, how was the install, how do you like so far... yeah, I'll take that extra set you have... :CWL: So, no way on the Go Fund Me Page for this destitute ole guy...
I do tend to buy American made stuff when it is reasonable, and I pay Chinese craps when it is justifiable. Your dollars, you can spend whatever way you want.

I had a couple of blindly awarding "made in USA" bited me back, one related to RV, almost all the RVs made in that town in Indiana are basically craps, and calling them craps are actually being nice. The other one is a part on my Jeep that has went rusted as heck.

I had some really pleasant experience with some made in USA merchants, for example, Clayton, CAVFAB, etc. etc. Not because they are made in USA, but because they are good people with good craftsmanship and stand behind their products. They may use Chinese sourced parts but I don't care.

caskil49

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Altitude
@ Caskil49, is that a set of ACE Eng rock rails? If so.., do you like them/recommend? TIA.., trying to decide whether or not to pick up a set and bolt them up....
They are actually Smittybilt SRC side armor with steps. So far, I guess I don’t have any real complaints about them. The price was right, I needed some sort of steps for the wife, and liked the look of them.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6AE3BB56-9B76-4495-9D2A-3ECCFC2BBAD8
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EE24B7A4-EB55-47D8-855B-05CA55160CC9

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
They are actually Smittybilt SRC side armor with steps. So far, I guess I don’t have any real complaints about them. The price was right, I needed some sort of steps for the wife, and liked the look of them.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? EE24B7A4-EB55-47D8-855B-05CA55160CC9
Have the same ones for my 2 Door and happy with them as well.

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
On EDIT: Was just informed, the Set of 3 caps (caps with key holes or without key holes) will be priced at a little less then $15.00 and that includes postage/USPS mailing, to Continental USA buyer.

Custom fit for both JL and JT. There will also be a 2 cap set, no key holes and with keyholes..

Made in the USA

@ConqSoft

Actually, I thanked you in an earlier post, for finding such caps....

Yes, your original post saying you purchased caps that had to be double sided taped on for $25.99 + tax, got me on the band wagon so to speak to find a better and less expensive alternative cap.

I knew having such a cap would be a nice addition to the JL, but no way am I paying anyone $9.00+ per cap... no way.

So, I reached out to a fellow JL owner that did design and 3D printing and let him know I would be interested in a set of 3 custom fit, caps, but..... that I was not willing to pay a price gouge price of $9.00 each. Also, that the cap, had be tight/form fitting, no glue on loose caps and also that the finish on them had be pretty decent..

Anyway, the fellow, JL owner, ran with my request so to speak and designed and printed, the cap(s) I am waiting for.

The caps I'm waiting for, will cost way way less then $9.00 each..

Finish on them may or may be quite like the caps you purchased on eBAY. I haven't seen the cap(s) in person.

I'm less concerned about the finish lets call it, then, that the cap(s) be very tight fitting....and really require no double sided tape...... and that they are priced at about say $5 each.

Oh, regardless of the cap, the ones you purchased or the the ones I am getting, we both will be wise to coat them with something that will seal, and protect them from UV light.... if you/we, do not do that I'm pretty confident UV light and the elements will have a field day with them so to speak.

@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@mjaga
@Coyne11
@DaddyEngineer
@JustCougIt
@Heather87
@Stingray20Idaho

@anyone I missed 8-)
There will be ones with keyholes?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There will be ones with keyholes?
@Mikeyut3

Yes, also a 3 cap set with a key hole in them. The caps will fit really snugly and dress things up ..

I'll put you on my list and let you know when they are available. They will cost under $15 for the 3 cap set and postage is included.