What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Wow. I bought the set of caps that are already on the market for like $28 and only plan to spray mine off with the hose a couple times a year. ;)
On EDIT: Was just informed, the Set of 3 caps (caps with key holes or without key holes) will be priced at a little less then $15.00 and that includes postage/USPS mailing, to Continental USA buyer.

Custom fit for both JL and JT. There will also be a 2 cap set, no key holes and with keyholes..

Made in the USA

@ConqSoft

Actually, I thanked you in an earlier post, for finding such caps....

Yes, your original post saying you purchased caps that had to be double sided taped on for $25.99 + tax, got me on the band wagon so to speak to find a better and less expensive alternative cap.

I knew having such a cap would be a nice addition to the JL, but no way am I paying anyone $9.00+ per cap... no way.

So, I reached out to a fellow JL owner that did design and 3D printing and let him know I would be interested in a set of 3 custom fit, caps, but..... that I was not willing to pay a price gouge price of $9.00 each. Also, that the cap, had be tight/form fitting, no glue on loose caps and also that the finish on them had be pretty decent..

Anyway, the fellow, JL owner, ran with my request so to speak and designed and printed, the cap(s) I am waiting for.

The caps I'm waiting for, will cost way way less then $9.00 each..

Finish on them may or may be quite like the caps you purchased on eBAY. I haven't seen the cap(s) in person.

I'm less concerned about the finish lets call it, then, that the cap(s) be very tight fitting....and really require no double sided tape...... and that they are priced at about say $5 each.

Oh, regardless of the cap, the ones you purchased or the the ones I am getting, we both will be wise to coat them with something that will seal, and protect them from UV light.... if you/we, do not do that I'm pretty confident UV light and the elements will have a field day with them so to speak.

@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@mjaga
@Coyne11
@DaddyEngineer
@JustCougIt
@Heather87
@Stingray20Idaho

@anyone I missed 8-)

Last edited:

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
@ConqSoft

Yes, your original post saying you purchased caps that had to be double sided taped on for $25.99 + tax, got me on the band wagon so to speak to find a better and less expensive alternative cap.

I knew having such a cap would be a nice addition to the JL, but no way am I paying anyone $9.00+ per cap... no way.

So, I reached out to a fellow JL owner that did design and 3D printing and let him know I would be interested in a set of 3 custom fit, caps, but..... that I was not willing to pay a price gouge price of $9.00 each. Also, that the cap, had be tight/form fitting, no glue on loose caps and also that the finish on them had be pretty decent..

Anyway, the fellow, JL owner, ran with my request so to speak and designed and printed, the cap(s) I am waiting for.

Finish on them may or may be quite like the caps you purchased on eBAY. I haven't seen the cap(s) in person.

I'm less concerned about the finish lets call it, then, that the cap(s) be very tight fitting....and really require no double sided tape...... and that they are priced at about say $4-5 each.

Oh, regardless of the cap, the ones you purchased or the the ones I am getting, we both will be wise to coat them with something that will seal, and protect them from UV light.... if you/we. do not do that I'm pretty confident UV light and the elements will have a field day with them so to speak.
Yep, know all that. Was just a snarky comment on the amount of trouble you were going to, to protect your cheaper option, versus me buying the more expensive ones and not protecting them. ;)

And as I mentioned earlier, anyone who has the means to make them for less, I’m all for it. But for me, I bought the ones that are available and moved on.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, know all that. Was just a snarky comment on the amount of trouble you were going to, to protest your cheaper option, versus me buying the more expensive ones and not protecting them. ;)

And as I mentioned earlier, anyone who has the means to make them for less, I’m all for it. But for me, I bought the ones that are available and moved on.
@ConqSoft Yup, a lot of trouble on my part, and alot of me, yaky yaking over a friggin cap set...

I am jazzed up about it though.... as no more having to place black tape over the 3, locks when I am parked at the beachside Condo in Florida, in Snowy Upstate, NY and such and when I go to pressure wash chitt off the JL. No more frozen key slots, thanks to water getting in there and freezing..

edotdiggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
On EDIT: Was just informed, the Set of 3 caps (caps with key holes or without key holes) will be priced at a little less then $15.00 and that includes postage/USPS mailing, to Continental USA buyer.

Custom fit for both JL and JT. There will also be a 2 cap set, no key holes and with keyholes..

Made in the USA

@ConqSoft

I'm less concerned about the finish lets call it, then, that the cap(s) be very tight fitting....and really require no double sided tape...... and that they are priced at about say $5 each.

Oh, regardless of the cap, the ones you purchased or the the ones I am getting, we both will be wise to coat them with something that will seal, and protect them from UV light.... if you/we, do not do that I'm pretty confident UV light and the elements will have a field day with them so to speak.

@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@mjaga
@Coyne11
@DaddyEngineer
@JustCougIt
@Heather87
@Stingray20Idaho

@anyone I missed 8-)
i'm interested also

edotdiggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
After months of waiting my LED headlights finally came in. Wanted to put them on after I upgraded the bumper but Covid. SO my LED lights were finally put on. Swapped out the headlights and fender lights for the OEM upgrade. I also put in a hood lock. Getting an error message about my turn signals being out and the dealer said that I need a load equalizer for the LED turn signals even though they operate correctly. Anyone have advice on this issue?

3262AB4D-8067-48E5-802A-2F131D323BE8.jpeg

3C22AE23-FF69-4820-9DFB-884032234F47.jpeg

57062326-2AB4-429B-8740-E28BC24046E1.png

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got my shocks dialed in and my bump stops set.

front......
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 57062326-2AB4-429B-8740-E28BC24046E1

rear......
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 57062326-2AB4-429B-8740-E28BC24046E1

I couldn’t add any more height to my ramp , as it was getting to far forward.....:facepalm:

So I scrapped it, and built a new one. This ones out of 2x12s, and it’s 43” tall. That’s as high as I can go and keep all wheels on the ground ......:).

[
OMG! That’s awesome!!

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S

Made in the USA
Great! I'm in for a set. Thx!

df007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0
After months of waiting my LED headlights finally came in. Wanted to put them on after I upgraded the bumper but Covid. SO my LED lights were finally put on. Swapped out the headlights and fender lights for the OEM upgrade. I also put in a hood lock. Getting an error message about my turn signals being out and the dealer said that I need a load equalizer for the LED turn signals even though they operate correctly. Anyone have advice on this issue?

You are going to need a programmer like a Tazer, JSCAN, or Flashcal to get the fender lights/turns working properly without errors. Check out the lighting forums, lots have gone through this there.

Here is a post of the JSCAN settings I used.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-led-factory-upgrade-kit.31897/post-1180010

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @Rhinebeck01 , since you are so into small mods and gadgets, I would recommend you to another $20 mods, pedal cover kit. They fit like gloves, and definitely increase grips. They look so nice even someone absolutely hate chrome like me can actually enjoy them.

20200811_185333.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great! I'm in for a set. Thx!
@chewieHVT

I am keeping a running list of all here that give a thumbs up or a "I'm in", etc. in regard to the caps that I have been talking about.

As soon as I personally see them and give the Designer/3D printer guy, my opinion of them, then the Designer/3D Printer guy, will make a link available, where those interested in them can go and order.

Along with my opinion of the caps, the Design/3D Printer guy also wants to see how the caps, weather getting mailed across the USA in a regular envelope. They should do fine but again, he wants to be sure, before he starts sending a bunch of orders out.

At less then $15.00 per set of 3, the Designer/Printer guy, has to really watch his expenses.

Figure his time to measure and to design is worth something, he has to pay for the materials, wear and tear and run time on one of his 3D printers... then he has to process/smooth the surface of the caps, pay to have them listed on a website, process the payments, package the products for mailing and then take the packages (envelopes) to the post office.

Reality is the Designer/Printer guy is probably making small change, or breaking even, on each cap set.

I know he told me he really wanted to do something for his fellow JL owner's / forum member's. He also, has hopes, that quite possibility,the caps on his website may bring him sales on his other stuff there.

Anyway, I truly appreciate the Designer/Printer guy, for doing the deed so to speak, in regard to the caps.

A truly decent form fitting cap set, Made in the USA and not some Chinese crapola, offering.. I'm ready, come on USPS,

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey @Rhinebeck01 , since you are so into small mods and gadgets, I would recommend you to another $20 mods, pedal cover kit. They fit like gloves, and definitely increase grips. They look so nice even someone absolutely hate chrome like me can actually enjoy them.

20200811_185333.jpg
@plex

Actually, I had entertained buying a set of those a ways back... I was in the end put off a tad with the chrome look though. I already see so much chrome everyday on my Harley, FatBoy 01.

Do they look more like stainless like, then chrome in person. I would prefer more pf a stainless look.
Your's look good ...

Any chance you could set up a Go Fund Me Page or whatever they friggin call it, for me, to get me some additional cash for these pedal covers.. I'd install them if ya can help a guy out. :rock:

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
A truly decent form fitting cap set, Made in the USA and not some Chinese crapola, offering.. I'm ready, come on USPS,
You keep touting the Made In The USA thing, but Santi’s Caps are made by a guy in NH.

Again, I have no skin in the game either way. But let’s not put down someone who was first to market by calling his stuff Chinese crapola.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got around to installing the ARB compressor, I THOUGHT it should take about 2 hrs ha. ha. , 6hrs later and we have air. Please enjoy the photo because I am the only one that has this setup ( on this earth ). Sarcasm , love it....

IMG_6321.jpeg