What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I really really like the new "soft touch" buttons come with AJT design key fob, totally changed the cheap feeling of rubber buttons .

Now it is a simple joy to lock and unlock, the buttons are so responsive and "grippy".

20200810_213051.jpg
@plex
I like your color combo....

A bunch of months ago Adam sent me a couple of sets of the rubberized buttons to evaluate, just before he made them available...

YES, they are a real nice. I prefer the feel of the soft buttons and have them on my AJT fob.

GEEEEZ, I truly like my AJT Fob... Adam did a good job on them..... and no, I do not have trouble getting the battery in one of them... 8-)

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
@plex
I like your color combo....

A bunch of months ago Adam sent me a couple of sets of the rubberized buttons to evaluate, just before he made them available...

YES, they are a real nice. I prefer the feel of the soft buttons and have them on my AJT fob.

GEEEEZ, I truly like my AJT Fob... Adam did a good job on them..... and no, I do not have trouble getting the battery in one of them... 8-)
I have one AJT and one original, like to keep that way. The AJT feels so much lighter and pocket friendly, despite similar dimension and marginally smaller to the original.

Took me about 5 minutes to swap battery, I swore a little bit but definitely not to the point of making my mom feel shameful. Quadratec video and a small flat head screw driver helped a lot.

Can you let Adam know that he should design a separate small housing just to enclosed the physical key?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I really really like the new "soft touch" buttons come with AJT design key fob, totally changed the cheap feeling of rubber buttons .

Now it is a simple joy to lock and unlock, the buttons are so responsive and "grippy".

20200810_213051.jpg
What is this futuristic mechanism? I just get a key and no buttons to push :crying:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have one AJT and one original, like to keep that way. The AJT feels so much lighter and pocket friendly, despite similar dimension and marginally smaller to the original.

Took me about 5 minutes to swap battery, I swore a little bit but definitely not to the point of making my mom feel shameful. Quadratec video and a small flat head screw driver helped a lot.

Can you let Adam know that he should design a separate small housing just to enclosed the physical key?
@plex
Sure, I can pass the message on to Adam .... but.... why a separate housing just for the physical key?

The JL key, less the circular piece (removed easily) fits in the back of the AJT fob perfectly..

I had one stock fob in which the remote start button died. Dealer let me keep it and also got me a new fob under warranty. So, I have an AJT fob, and two stock fobs. The fob with the faulty remote button is stashed in a Faraday Bag inside the JL. I have a non chipped key hidden on the outside of the JL. (No, you wouldn't find either)

I keep the AJT fob in a custom holster, crafted by Gibson Leather Works for the AJT fob.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
@plex
Sure, I can pass the message on to Adam .... but.... why a separate housing just for the physical key?

The JL key, less the circular piece (removed easily) fits in the back of the AJT fob perfectly..

I had one stock fob in which the remote start button died. Dealer let me keep it and also got me a new fob under warranty. So, I have an AJT fob, and two stock fobs. The fob with the faulty remote button is stashed in a Faraday Bag inside the JL. I have a non chipped key hidden on the outside of the JL. (No, you wouldn't find either)

I keep the AJT fob in a custom holster, crafted by Gibson Leather Works for the AJT fob.
A lot of folks still use physical key like I do, to lock armrest and glovebox. I work in the downtown area of Cincinnati, let's just say I need some sense of security.

I can actually hang the physical key on my keyfob with the original ring-ish retainer, but prefer a matched look, something like a shell to snap on to the physical key.

Onward4x4

First Name
Nima
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.onward4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Occupation
Traveler
Vehicle Showcase

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of folks still use physical key like I do, to lock armrest and glovebox. I work in the downtown area of Cincinnati, let's just say I need some sense of security.

I can actually hang the physical key on my keyfob with the original ring-ish retainer, but prefer a matched look, something like a shell to snap on to the physical key.
@plex

I hear ya.... I just reached out to Adam. He will be reading this thread...

Stingray20Idaho

First Name
RE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUSX
@LizardBoy
@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@OldGuyNewJeep
@anyone I missed 8-)

In regard to the caps... The 3D Caps for the Door Locks that I mentioned the other day have been designed, 3D printed (using ABS) and are on the way across the USA to me in New York, via USPS. I should have them by the end of the week.

I will install right away, and if they are as terrific as I expect/have been led to believe, well, I will let the 3D print guy know and then he will be making them available right away to all here that want a set..

As I mentioned, no profit motivation by the guy, 3D printing them. A fellow JL owner that is doing us all a solid, lets say.

By the way, did you ever look real close at the chrome door locks that we will be covering... Well, the diameter of the ones on the door are a different diameter then the one on the tail gate. Also, if you look real close you will notice that the tail gate one, is actually thinner then the ones on the doors...

With that said, the 3D printer guy /designer, had his work cut out for him in regard to measuring, design and such..

I have to give him credit.. Rather then coming up with a cap / 3D printing a cap, that one size fits all loosely, and you have to use double tape them on to get them to stay on, he professionally, designed caps that fit each lock very tightly.. so tightly you really do not need to use double sided tape....

I do plan to use double sided tape though .. I'll use double sided tape as a tad extra bit of security, as to not see the caps(s) blowing off and ending up in Brazil or somewhere else. 8-)

Here is a cut a way pic the printer sent me.... it shows a cut away / half of the cap that will be sent to me. Notice the way it fits/ conforms... real tight..
12345.png

So, I just wanted to let all that expressed interest, that the custom cap(s) is a reality.

Will be available soon. Just need another opinion on them, to find tune the mailing of same and then a link will go up where you can get them.

I want to thank the 3D printer guy, once again. He really isn't going to make money on these. When you see what he is charging you will understand what I am saying and why I'm thanking him.
I would like to be included as well.

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
@LizardBoy
@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@OldGuyNewJeep
@anyone I missed 8-)

In regard to the caps... The 3D Caps for the Door Locks that I mentioned the other day have been designed, 3D printed (using ABS) and are on the way across the USA to me in New York, via USPS. I should have them by the end of the week.

I will install right away, and if they are as terrific as I expect/have been led to believe, well, I will let the 3D print guy know and then he will be making them available right away to all here that want a set..

As I mentioned, no profit motivation by the guy, 3D printing them. A fellow JL owner that is doing us all a solid, lets say.

By the way, did you ever look real close at the chrome door locks that we will be covering... Well, the diameter of the ones on the door are a different diameter then the one on the tail gate. Also, if you look real close you will notice that the tail gate one, is actually thinner then the ones on the doors...

With that said, the 3D printer guy /designer, had his work cut out for him in regard to measuring, design and such..

I have to give him credit.. Rather then coming up with a cap / 3D printing a cap, that one size fits all loosely, and you have to use double tape them on to get them to stay on, he professionally, designed caps that fit each lock very tightly.. so tightly you really do not need to use double sided tape....

I do plan to use double sided tape though .. I'll use double sided tape as a tad extra bit of security, as to not see the caps(s) blowing off and ending up in Brazil or somewhere else. 8-)

Here is a cut a way pic the printer sent me.... it shows a cut away / half of the cap that will be sent to me. Notice the way it fits/ conforms... real tight..
12345.png

So, I just wanted to let all that expressed interest, that the custom cap(s) is a reality.

Will be available soon. Just need another opinion on them, to find tune the mailing of same and then a link will go up where you can get them.

I want to thank the 3D printer guy, once again. He really isn't going to make money on these. When you see what he is charging you will understand what I am saying and why I'm thanking him.
I'm in! Thanks for letting me know.

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hi there. That ring light looks like it matches the red of the taillights better than other similar rings I have seen. Do you have a link to the one you bought? Thanks!
Yeah... which is this?

JustCougIt

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
@LizardBoy
@Kenny
@ChattVol
@Spdu4ia
@Jay 13
@Headbarcode
@JeepersCreepersJL
@chewieHVT
@DaddyEngineer
@DanW
@Rock Hopper
@californiajeeping
@beachbumm78
@OldGuyNewJeep
@anyone I missed 8-)

12345.png

Please count me in also. I am happy to support someone not trying to fleece the consumer.

Bob

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A

I love this new Aluminum Steering from RPM!

JustCougIt

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
I’ve been busy over the last few days installing birthday gifts from my family...and myself. First was the side blinkers that replaced the fake side vents. Next I replaced my rear bumper and modified a license plate frame to add on because I didn’t want it in the spare tire. To keep things legal I had to install a license plate light also...very JK looking. I then replaced my fogs with halo fogs, and added brush guards to my headlights, and completed it all with the replacement of my side markers with the clear version. I’m going to go broke if COVID continues. Next I’m looking at some tube doors because my wife doesn’t like being in the naked Jeep and it may be best so I don’t get in trouble constantly taking my 13 year old son out with him begging me to go on the freeway.

495EB91E-33B2-4508-B63E-17C21DBAAEA4.jpeg

529B0C80-F8D1-4199-BB0C-ACEA00944596.jpeg

95625915-8BF1-4D40-B922-7F47655ECD97.jpeg