First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
Got a few things done over the weekend. Added in the Weathertech rear cargo mat:

20200803_150839.jpg

Have to agree with the consensus to have a friend handy for that rear seat, I got it in and out but what a pain. I then got a part in to test out about the only innovative thing I did:

20200803_151739.jpg

I currently like the Safariland QLS system of holster attachment, and wanted to see if adding the receiving plate to the steering column cover was a possibility. Thankfully, with the right screws and rubber washers, I was onto something:

20200803_073358.jpg

For those unfamiliar, the QLS system works with a receiver plate on your belt or paddle plate, and a locking fork on your holster. Which makes this possible:

20200801_164049.jpg

Not a perfect system though - the raised lip on the SCC makes locking the holster in a bit of an involved process. But, nothing a Dremel can't fix, and if it doesn't work I still have my unmodified original. I tested the stability of the fascia clips by hitting some speed humps at a relatively quick pace (25+) and everything held, no substantial sag or shifting. Then today, the Mopar front and rear sets came in, so I cut my carpet and installed the new mats with the drain plugs up top:

20200803_144405.jpg
Is that an 80% lower? Nice set up but is it hard to get it on the left side or are you lefty?

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Is that an 80% lower? Nice set up but is it hard to get it on the left side or are you lefty?
Yessir, A Polymer80. My take on the Roland Special Glock build:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200706_141331

I am a lefty, but if I could find a right handed holster I might try it because it feels more natural to have my hand turned over while drawing, rather than under. I think the mounting point would need to be that far to the left no matter what - any further right and you start banging your knee while braking or gassing.

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
Yessir, A Polymer80. My take on the Roland Special Glock build:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200706_141331

I am a lefty, but if I could find a right handed holster I might try it because it feels more natural to have my hand turned over while drawing, rather than under. I think the mounting point would need to be that far to the left no matter what - any further right and you start banging your knee while braking or gassing.
Sweet set up

JustCougIt

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
I have the blinker lights to replace the side vents. I removed the vent and am told to connect positive to the green/white and ground to black...where under the steering wheel am I going to find said wires? I don’t want to cut through coverings Of something wrong and mess up. Any help people can give me for the drivers side and passenger side would be GREATLY appreciated.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I like the idea of having these, and they look good but what is it about them that makes them worth over $9.00 each, after tax?
Same thing that makes a Mopar steel bumper worth $1000. Material cost is small. R&D maybe? Dunno. If you can fabricate your own for less, have at it.

Edit: Since there’s no tone included in internet posts, my comment above wasn’t meant to sound condescending. If you have the means to make them yourself for less, I say go for it.

Last edited:

JustCougIt

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
I have the blinker lights to replace the side vents. I removed the vent and am told to connect positive to the green/white and ground to black...where under the steering wheel am I going to find said wires? I don’t want to cut through coverings Of something wrong and mess up. Any help people can give me for the drivers side and passenger side would be GREATLY appreciated.
now that I think about it, I think I could go to the wires behind the turn signals to make these work. Am I wrong to think this?

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR