What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

aqualung

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep JKU
No, thats why we have these discussions and value the opinions...I will definitely look at some before making a decision. It does seem like a trivial item but it absolutely wears and wears quick. Doing some research now..good day for it, we went from 70 degrees last weekend to snow this morning...gotta love Oregon
For sure. Maybe I’ll try the tape first. Although I’m a function over form guy and also black on Black it will be hard to notice. I’m pretty detailed in my work so I’d tape it off to look good.

OP
OP
Jabs

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Had a Magnaflow dual outlet exhaust installed at my local custom exhaust shop. Kept resonators on for now, Its a little throaty but not very loud at all.
fortheforum.jpg
Where’d you buy? Just got a message saying mine is on backorder and won’t be in until mid April!

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Lieterally was waiting for these pics all week lol. It looks amazing! Can’t wait to lift mine
Depending on rims and what tire you go with , I actually got 3.5" and was NOT expecting the height when I first picked her up

I love it

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Installed Rigid Industries LED back up lights. Very small. 1”x1”. Diffused light pattern helps out a lot without being too bright.
Looks really good! Do those lights come in a kit. What's involved as far as wiring the B/U lights up?

The ass end of your JLU looks great ! Only thing I suggest you do is to spray paint (black) the friggin muffler that stands out like a sore thumb.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
This wasn't today, but I've migrated these oh sh*t handles from our first Wrangler to our current JL.
IMG_0772.jpg

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the rear all-weather cargo mat set... was way harder than it needed to be. Cutting the carpet on the backs of the seats to install the connectors was fine, but pulling out the gap cover and then trying to get it back in was ridiculously stupid. When you yank it out of the bracket that it’s clipped into, the clips will most likely stay in the bracket instead of attached to the gap cover. That would be fine and great if the gap cover piece would just easily pop back down onto the clips. Instead, the clips have these incredibly annoying little teeth - two on each side - that will end up bending up and sticking straight up after you yank the gap cover out. They’re supposed to be pointing down, so you have to end up removing the clips from the bracket which is a BITCH and then trying to bend these teeth back down so that the gap cover mounts will slide back down into the clips. I don’t know if I did something wrong or what, but those fucking clips cost me like an hour and a cut up finger.

Should really be way easier than this. In retrospect I’d almost consider just unbolting the gap cover bracket instead of pulling it out of the clips. Will be interested to see how easy/difficult others found this to be. In the video that’s been posted, the dude seems to have no issue at all but I’m suspect about how easy it really was for him.

45F79AF5-142C-45E5-9913-037498854DCE.jpeg

agordon117

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR HellaYella
Installed the rear all-weather cargo mat set... was way harder than it needed to be. Cutting the carpet on the backs of the seats to install the connectors was fine, but pulling out the gap cover and then trying to get it back in was ridiculously stupid. When you yank it out of the bracket that it’s clipped into, the clips will most likely stay in the bracket instead of attached to the gap cover. That would be fine and great if the gap cover piece would just easily pop back down onto the clips. Instead, the clips have these incredibly annoying little teeth - two on each side - that will end up bending up and sticking straight up after you yank the gap cover out. They’re supposed to be pointing down, so you have to end up removing the clips from the bracket which is a BITCH and then trying to bend these teeth back down so that the gap cover mounts will slide back down into the clips. I don’t know if I did something wrong or what, but those fucking clips cost me like an hour and a cut up finger.

Should really be way easier than this. In retrospect I’d almost consider just unbolting the gap cover bracket instead of pulling it out of the clips. Will be interested to see how easy/difficult others found this to be. In the video that’s been posted, the dude seems to have no issue at all but I’m suspect about how easy it really was for him.

45F79AF5-142C-45E5-9913-037498854DCE.jpeg
This seems to be a trend, everyone is saying the same thing about the gap cover being difficult to put back in. can it be left in place during the install? Or does something need to go underneath it in a way it has to be removed?

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Did you have to reinforce the rear gate for the tire?
A lot of people want to know and Im assuming its from past experience , I would def reinforce if I went with 37's but I would re gear also

The new tailgates and 1/4" thick Magnesium compared to the JK which are a thing 1/8 aluminum ( double wall ? ) . I have apx. 130lbs of tire/rim/and bracket and dont have any wobble / movement in the tire or the Gate , As if its part of the gate = solid

But Im gonna keep a close eye on to be safe

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
This seems to be a trend, everyone is saying the same thing about the gap cover being difficult to put back in. can it be left in place during the install? Or does something need to go underneath it in a way it has to be removed?
You just have to cut out some plastic pieces from it... I think you could definitely accomplish that with it still attached. There’s no question that I would attempt that before pulling it out of the bracket if I could do it over again.

At this point I just feel fortunate that I was able to get it to go solidly back in to the clips... a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and expletives later!

wranglerguyman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
You just have to cut out some plastic pieces from it... I think you could definitely accomplish that with it still attached. There’s no question that I would attempt that before pulling it out of the bracket if I could do it over again.

At this point I just feel fortunate that I was able to get it to go solidly back in to the clips... a lot of blood, sweat, tears, and expletives later!

I didn't know that was a step lol. I managed to cut the plastic pieces with it still attached. Not that bad at all actually, used my leg to hold it up.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of people want to know and Im assuming its from past experience , I would def reinforce if I went with 37's but I would re gear also

The new tailgates and 1/4" thick Magnesium compared to the JK which are a thing 1/8 aluminum ( double wall ? ) . I have apx. 130lbs of tire/rim/and bracket and dont have any wobble / movement in the tire or the Gate , As if its part of the gate = solid

But Im gonna keep a close eye on to be safe
Keep us updated. Were you able to drive the Sahara before it got lifted? I want to hear an honest opinion of the differences with and without the lift + bigger tires.