What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Swapped the orange side marker LEDs for clear Diode Dynamics LEDs. This fixed the inconsistent amber issue between the Baja amber yellow floods + amber yellow Roam rock rails lighting vs orange OEM side markers. Easy install. 30 min total.

Great install video... Watch from 17:50 to the end for some short cuts that simplify the whole process!

inCollage_20200731_181524875.jpg
IMG_20200731_173547.jpg
Haha we were on the same mission today....also did this install today....and watched the same video!!:LOL: Although I left out a few unnecessary steps. Looks great!

Diode Dynamics I believe simplified the process also per their previous instructions.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8D35C11E-8E8B-4B98-BE44-828EE8065652

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Haha we were on the same mission today....also did this install today....and watched the same video!!:LOL: Although I left out a few unnecessary steps. Looks great!

Diode Dynamics I believe simplified the process also per their previous instructions.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8D35C11E-8E8B-4B98-BE44-828EE8065652
Yes - i dIdn’t even look at their instructions. Per side - 4 pop pins with trim tools, 3 hex bolts (probably can get away with two), and one Torx bolt and done.

Yours looks even better on the white with satin black grill and accents. Nice work

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Got my Kikbax mirrors today, installed my homemade footpads. Could be a bit darker gray, but close enough.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Kickbax 2

Like the foot rest - why not black or body color?

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
Like the foot rest - why not black or body color?
I wanted it to contrast the black Kikbax rod. I picked a can of Rust-Oleum that looked close to the Sting Gray, and it looks a lot closer in person, the camera does strange things. I may paint it black and swap out the bolts at the headlights to stainless steel.

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
Got my Kikbax mirrors today, installed my homemade footpads. Could be a bit darker gray, but close enough.

I love these! I have the kikbax and my only complaint is the small bar for the foot rest. You fixed that problem. :) ever think about making some more and selling them?

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
I love these! I have the kikbax and my only complaint is the small bar for the foot rest. You fixed that problem. :) ever think about making some more and selling them?
Thank you.

I gave some thought to selling these, but I made these on a plasma table at work that does not do really fine detail, it's meant more for structural/industrial applications. I think it looks just fine but I don't want to get into unhappy buyers because it isn't perfect. There's also the brand issue. I don't want to end up having problems with copyright.

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yes - i dIdn’t even look at their instructions. Per side - 4 pop pins with trim tools, 3 hex bolts (probably can get away with two), and one Torx bolt and done.

Yours looks even better on the white with satin black grill and accents. Nice work
yea see...I only did 2 pop/pushpins (per side) folded back the fender line, Then the T30 torx (1 per side) bolt and that was it for me! In the end...same result! :like:

Thanks!! ....Yours looks awesome!

Love those wheels!

Last edited:

BearcatMLA

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep 3.0L diesel granite crystal metallic
Got the lift done and some new street shoes today. I have to say... It’s higher than I expected! Can't wait to get my rear bumper so I can get the spare mounted. Thanks COVID for the backorder delay. Going to take the stock spare off for now.

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

IMG_4827.jpg

IMG_4828.jpg

IMG_4832.jpg

IMG_4833.jpg

IMG_4834.jpg

IMG_4839.jpg

IMG_4846.jpg