Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I added @pixeldecals hood decals, red dash inserts looked better than the standard grey, and a little dirt to the outside.

1.jpg

2.jpg
First, sharp jeep. second, how hard was the decal? I've had one in my garage for almost a year now. haha. also, how close does the red match the "rubicon" letters? I might leave the red layer off and just do the black vinyl. When I looked at the red, it looked too brite and too wide but I've never seen one on in person.

JESM

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver Moab
I have bought those covers and they look great and have held really well. Nice mod...

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
Looks badass man! Love the rims - gives it a real military feel! What is the wheel tire combo?
Ditto, like those better than the stock Rubicon wheels...

D2340

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
First, sharp jeep. second, how hard was the decal? I've had one in my garage for almost a year now. haha. also, how close does the red match the "rubicon" letters? I might leave the red layer off and just do the black vinyl. When I looked at the red, it looked too bright and too wide but I've never seen one on in person.
Thanks I think she's coming together! The red match close enough to where you can't tell if there is a difference between the OEM and the Pixel decal red. I LOLed when you said you had yours for a year I had mine for around 8-9 months before I finally put it on. I had to work up the nerve as I had never tackled a decal this big before. My wife helped me place it I recommend having a second set of hands. I used a lot of soapy water so I could move it around and get it just right. A LOT OF SOAPY WATER! I bought a couple of Harbor Freight squeegee to help get all the water and any air bubbles out, this worked great. I have no air bubbles in the decal at all. so my suggestion:
1. Second set of hands to help place the decal.
2. Big spray bottle for soapy water.
3. Don't squeegee until your happy with the placement.

Last edited:

DanNH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Looks good! I’ve been considering these - I imagine them rattling over bumps and all. Do they rattle, or are they pretty quiet sturdy when up?
I’ve had the Mopar OEM tailgate tray installed on my 2019 JLUR since April. No rattles, no noises, no squeaks, etc. Totally quiet when it is up.

MikeinDelaware

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Turbo
Build Thread
Link

Lapis

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Ocean Blue
i thought we all had 2 batteries cuz of ESS
eTorque has a 48V battery pack under the jeep rear-drivers side. non-eTorque has a smaller secondary 12V aux battery under the main 12V battery.

2018 and 2019 2.0l turbos got the eTorque, for 2020 only the 2.0l turbo in Sahara's and Recon's got eTorque, any other engine combo has the aux battery. For 2021, some 3.6l will have eTorque and thus the 48V pack instead of the 12V aux all 2021 2.0l turbos get the 12V aux battery...confused yet :LOL:

BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
Swapped the orange side marker LEDs for clear Diode Dynamics LEDs. This fixed the inconsistent amber issue between the Baja amber yellow floods + amber yellow Roam rock rails lighting vs orange OEM side markers. Easy install. 30 min total.

Great install video... Watch from 17:50 to the end for some short cuts that simplify the whole process!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? inCollage_20200731_181524875
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20200731_173547