Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
@OnlyOne

Care to tell us more in regard to the placement of that Northstar 48 in your JL.

Did you have to alter anything... how is it secured. Footprint is a tad bigger then the stock JL battery, I believe. Would be helpful to many if you could tell us more..... Thanks...
It's almost exactly like the OEM unit. The battery is actually just slightly shorter length (maybe 1/8") than the OEM. Its the correct battery for the JL. It has the same mounting base as the JL. Its the exact battery you need for a replacement. Nothing was needed to swap them out. It secures the same way as the OEM.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
It's almost exactly like the OEM unit. The battery is actually just slightly shorter length (maybe 1/8") than the OEM. Its the correct battery for the JL. It has the same mounting base as the JL. Its the exact battery you need for a replacement. Nothing was needed to swap them out. It secures the same way as the OEM.
@OnlyOne

Thanks for this info. That battery has 4 yr. full replacement warranty by the manufacturer. Warranty good for original battery purchaser. Decent warranty....

What are you doing in regard to your Aux battery / what are your plans for the Aux battery?

I'm running with just the Main and the Aux is not in the picture. Yes, my Aux is still there and in decent health (I maintain it with Battery Tender) but I no longer use it lets say.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
@OnlyOne

Thanks for this info. That battery has 4 yr. full replacement warranty by the manufacturer. Warranty good for original battery purchaser. Decent warranty....

What are you doing in regard to your Aux battery / what are your plans for the Aux battery?

I'm running with just the Main and the Aux is not in the picture. Yes, my Aux is still there and in decent health (I maintain it with Battery Tender) but I no longer use it lets say.
I have the Turbo, so no Aux battery.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Finally got around to running the wiring to my spare-mounted license plate bracket. Legal to drive at night now!

I ran it down through the rear door and connected into the factory harness for the license plate light that was on the stock bumper. No splicing needed.

19757BFA-8712-47AE-AAB5-A68DE0DD67AA.jpeg

31B48B2C-1F48-431D-9628-A5EE55AF4A61.jpeg

879B4DCD-7AE1-4D11-9199-92120B69E579.jpeg