Vehicle Showcase

Jiveturkey

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
An increase in tire diameter also increases the toe-in. Too much toe-in can cause steering shimmy when hitting bumps.
Thanks for the advice. I only increased total diameter by about 3/4". Might that cause that problem!?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the advice. I only increased total diameter by about 3/4". Might that cause that problem!?
If all that was changed is wheels and tires and it was fine before, than its possible that it was just enough to nudge the toe-in outside of the happy zone. Only other possibility would be the quality of the balance job. It's usually recommended to get larger tires balanced on a road force balancing machine, rather than the run of the mill machines found at most generic car tire shops.

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Is it noticeably louder without carpet? Looks great
Thanks! I drove it for about a year with no carpet and just all weather mats and noticed a slight decrease from that. I also don’t remember hearing a significant increase when I removed the carpet. I have a premium soft top and magnaflow exhaust. I’ve never once thought it sounded loud in my Jeep. Maybe if I’m on the highway and the wind’s blowing hard the opposite way.