Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Tired of not being able to hear my Ham radio while on the freeway, but not wanting to ugly up the interior of my Jeep, I figured out a way to hook up a pair of these speakers:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E4476A42-E09C-49FD-8895-0F69DE5598F1

And panel mount (recess) them into my center roll bar trim panel:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FDE41C81-FDF5-47E3-9F48-DDBFE7A06796

Really happy with how it turned out, and now I can actually hear my radio with the top down on the freeway!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C0580338-1F31-4698-8C16-7EB17628D849

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Finally finished everything (except waiting for the Borla Touring Climber) on the exterior: Bumpers, Winch, Skid Plates plus Suspension & Steering. Did a little tweaking today by adjusting the upper control arms (Teraflex Alpine IR) for a bit more positive caster (6.7 degree left & 6.9 degree right) and took her for a long test drive. I am 100% happy with the ride and handling, at 85mph (our speed limits are 75) she is smooth, runs straight as an arrow and can even take hands off wheel without drifting! Feels good in turns and takes hitting potholes and rough patches at speed in stride.

It was a long road with a bit of trial and error but the suspension/steering/tire combo is one I would repeat in a heartbeat: Base Mopar 2" lift W/Fox Shocks, Teraflex Alpine IR Control Arms (All 8), Steer Smarts Drag Link, Rubi-Length Tie Rod and Track Bar, Rancho Front Trackbar/Steering Brace, Fox 2.0 TS Top Mount Stabilizer, Rancho Rear Track Bar, Teraflex Rear Trackbar Relocation Bracket. Tires are 35" BFG KO2's on Stock Rubi Wheels. I really like the styling of the Rubi Wheels so until I find wheels I like as much, I am using one and one quarter inch BORA Wheel Spacers.

While I am totally happy with the ride and handling, between upgrading with heavy suspension & steering components, adding Warn bumpers and Warn winch, plus various skid plates...I have added a lot of weight to the Rubi. MPG dropped a bit (Need a bigger fuel tank Jeep!) and I have also noticed a dip in performance-easy to tell off the line. I am hoping the Mopar CAI, Borla Touring Climber (Please hurry Borla!) and a Livernois Tune will revive performance to at least stock levels...

Next up: Audio and leather trim upgrades! Iv'e accumulated a large stack of parts including JL Audio Speakers, JL Audio Amp and JL Audio Stealthbox Sub-mounts on passenger side in front of rear wheel well along with an OEM 8.4" Touchscreen, AmpPRO-PAC 4 interface-marries OEM 8.4" to JL Audio Amp, 6.5 inch dash pods and sound-bar brackets, plus a complete Mopar Leather interior trim package. (Wanted cloth seats but leather trim) Hopefully can get started this week, had planned to start before but wanted other projects completed first...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1779

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep
It looks like the bolt attaching your coyote mirror bracket is rusting.
. Yes I bought them used and had to repurpose the bolts from my old mirrors (which were awful) I’ll get around to replacing it, but for now these are a million times better them my old cheap ones that folded in if you went over 30 miles an hour.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
Installed Hotheads headliners and their sound-deadening insulation strips:

Sweet! How is it?? I'll be getting it very soon...well technically it's my bday gift, but can't wait to see the difference.

Lgkaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Sweet! How is it?? I'll be getting it very soon...well technically it's my bday gift, but can't wait to see the difference.
So far, so good. Definitely makes a noticeable difference but nothing insanely drastic.

Installation was a breeze; definitely refer to their website’s how-to videos.

Go to your preferred hardware store and buy a can of acetone for the installation prep.

The biggest PITA for the installation was the mess (and cleanup) made when you use the sandpaper on the part of the hardtop where the adhesive connects.

Wear a face mask and eye protection since all that powdery mess that rubs off is composite fiberglass, etc.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
A week ago on Sat, brought my 20 rubicon over to local Jeep store where I buy all my cars and a friend who is a tech there helped me install a bunch of parts. I had the Fox shocks, Steer Smarts Track bar, Falcon Adjsutable Steering Stabilizer, Rock Hard Front and Rear LCA Skids, Synergy Brace, North Ridge Grade 8 shoulder bolts for the Control arms, track Bars and shocks, Mopar longer Fr LCAs, and dynomax delete pipe. also installed a UPR catch can and aligned it once everything was install. Took the whole day. Drives real nice and rides a little better with the Fox shocks. These were the 0-1.5" units, wasnt looking to lift anything but measured before and after and gained about 1/2" in front 1" in the rear.

another reason to buy local and make some good friends who are techs. I gave my pal a UPR catch can kit for his Gladiator and gave him a hand a few months back when he lifted it and put 37s and rust proofed it.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20 Jeep Front Fox shock

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20 Jeep Rear Fox shock

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20 Jeep Rear Rock hard LCA Skid

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20 Jeep sector shaft brace and trac bar

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20 Jeep synergy brace steer smarts trac bar

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20 Jeep Front Fox shock

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20 Jeep Rear Fox shock

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20 Jeep Rear Rock hard LCA Skid

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20 Jeep sector shaft brace and trac bar

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20Jeep Rock hard Rear Control Arm skid

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1539.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1540.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1541.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1544.JPG

Last edited:

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase

I haven’t decided if I will do a character again. When I had my JKU, I actually put my last name in Chinese as a decal on each side (my old dog, Connor is either very proud of the Jeep or just making fun of my eyes :CWL: :facepalm:).

Exhaust looks great, and awesome pic of the JK, character and proud Connor!

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
A week ago on Sat, brought my 20 rubicon over to local Jeep store where I buy all my cars and a friend who is a tech there helped me install a bunch of parts. I had the Fox shocks, Steer Smarts Track bar, Falcon Adjsutable Steering Stabilizer, Rock Hard Front and Rear LCA Skids, Synergy Brace, North Ridge Grade 8 shoulder bolts for the Control arms, track Bars and shocks, Mopar longer Fr LCAs, and dynomax delete pipe. also installed a UPR catch can and aligned it once everything was install. Took the whole day. Drives real nice and rides a little better with the Fox shocks. These were the 0-1.5" units, wasnt looking to lift anything but measured before and after and gained about 1/2" in front 1" in the rear.

another reason to buy local and make some good friends who are techs. I gave my pal a UPR catch can kit for his Gladiator and gave him a hand a few months back when he lifted it and put 37s and rust proofed it.

I had the Falcon steering stabilizer on with Fox shocks...OCD kicked in and I had to make it right!

WalkingJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
How does it steer with the upgraded suspension items? I've read enough negative items about the sector shaft brace but am really considering that track bar. Would like to tighten up my steering. I have the same shocks and like the ride but need to get rid of some steering slop.