IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Few things. They keep total crud from filling up the crevices - akin to the other rubber inserts in other places throughout the jeep. Also, they absorb moisture from a sweating cup/mug that would otherwise leave “slime” in the cup holders.
They're 3D printed hunks of PLA plastic. What would they absorb? Sorry, I don't see a purpose in having them

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
When I installed my Metalcloak GC 3.5 lift I followed their instructions as well and my axles were still too far pulled in. Now granted I have a 2dr but still. And no need to take it somewhere for the alignment you can do that by yourself in your garage at home. That guy with a ponytail /Bleepinjeep and others have great how-to videos on YouTube.
I just installed a Gamechanger 3.5" lift as well. Metalcloak's measurements are junk. Horrible junk. Go to Rock Krawler's website and use the dimensions from their JL Mid-Arm instructions.

http://pureperformancegroupinc.com/hosted/directions/JL_ADVENTURE_SERIES_MID (05-19 Rev).pdf

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
My wife got her some big girl turs.
Falken Wildpeak AT3W 37x12.50r17D :rock:

Next up is a shake down run to pinpoint any rubbing issues.

The Jeep is on a Teraflex 2” spacer lift up front and 1.5” in the rear. Metal Cloak Rock Sport shocks.

632A1C50-B4A3-4A9A-936D-7C4E1BA7B268.jpeg

5EE8EDC3-E98B-4CD0-A082-EDFF6924DE33.jpeg

29E3C037-ACE6-4BB1-A972-8DB766493905.jpeg

BeachNJeep

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubi 4xe, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Occupation
Sub-acute hospital administrator
what brand tails are these?
Kiwi Master. Amazon. Direct replacement for the OEM halogen tails. Comes with a resistor so there's no fault code on the dash. Full LED. The black plastic does NOT have the proximity sensor for the blind spot monitor.

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
I got the 3.5" - 4" shocks. Metalcloak actually suggests the 4.5" - 6" shocks for even more articulation. But that gives you more downtravel and starts limiting your uptravel. I'd rather hit whoops at higher speeds than have a little more rock clearance.

The ride on road has been amazing!!! Highways the ride and steering is so good it's as easy to drive as any sport sedan out there. You won't think it's a Cadillac mind you, but the ride is awesome. Dirt roads and washboard are also awesome on these shocks. I haven't done any hardcore rock crawling in this build yet.

I would also say that the range of adjustability is huge. You can go from so soft you can't feel cracks and expansion joints on the highway to so firm you'll knock your teeth out. So somewhere in between there's a ride for most anyone. I have a JKUR on ADS shocks which are probably better for pure offroad capability. Lesser known than shock brands like King, but if you want pure offroad performance you should look into them. Made in Tucson, which is where I live half the year, and where I offroad the JKUR.

I hope this is helpful.
Thank you so much for the info...
Have you looked into the fox 3.0? I see they’re only limited to a 3” lift.. but being a 3.0 ibp .. is this the ultimate ride quality shock? Wonder if it’s worth the money.

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Cool mods, I learn so much on here.
what the heck is that thing sticking out of the front media port in the third pic? Some kind of backup cell phone holder to go along with the sweet armrest?
I'm slowly going back through posts, but what CD player is that? It works and is powered from the center console USB ports? Any issues or quirks with it?

JEEF

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon; 2008 Audi S5; 1977 Chevrolet Blazer; 1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville; 1999 Chevrolet Silverado; 2017 Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe; 2013 Ducati Monster 1100 Evo; 2001 Honda XR650R;
I'm a bit behind on this thread, so I'm not sure if this has been answered yet, but I replaced the Trail Rated and "Jeep" emblems on my Rubicon as well.

I thought the dark Rubicon emblems looked a bit muddy against the Firecracker Red paint. I think it looks great against most of the other colors though. Plus, I'm going to go against the grain and put something other than black wheels on mine when my stock tires wear out soon and I think the silver will help tie the look together.

I used the Sahara "Jeep" emblems, Mopar P/N: 68292513AB.

They are a polished aluminum looking silver with a dark matte charcoal outline that appears to be the same dark charcoal as the Rubicon grill inserts and the Rubicon lettering on the hood sides, so It looks perfect in my opinion.

For the Trail Rated badge, I used the one from a 2017 JK. It has more of a polished aluminum look that matches the Sahara "Jeep" emblems better. The Trail Rated badge that comes on the Sahara and Sport models is more of a matte silver and doesn't quite match to my eye.

The 2017 JL Trail Rated badge is Mopar P/N: 55157317AB

Also, if you want a "Jeep" emblem that doesn't have any outline, but has the polished aluminum look, you want the one for the JL Sport. I don't have the P/N for that one.

When I replaced my emblems I also removed the "Wrangler Unlimited" decals and when I put the new "Jeep" emblems on, I put them on a little bit lower than they were stock so that they are visually centered with the hinges, now that the "Unlimited" decals are gone.

To help get the emblems on straight, get a long straight edge like a nice straight 1x4 and lay it across the top edges of the bottom door hinges (front & rear) to give you a guide. You can also use that straight edge to put a strip of masking tape on the fender and then line the emblem up against the tape. Take your time and get the tape on straight and then put the emblem on.

Hope this helps.

-Jeff

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_5617

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1540

F9brian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Bus Driver
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a hood latch lock, locking fuel filler door, soft tonneau cover, smoked LED taillights, and a hidden GPS tracker.

Looks great! Do you live in a bad neigborhood!?LOL
Are the tailights for the blind spot monitor and if so where did you get them?

BeachNJeep

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubi 4xe, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Occupation
Sub-acute hospital administrator
Looks great! Do you live in a bad neigborhood!?LOL
Are the tailights for the blind spot monitor and if so where did you get them?
No but I work in a sketchy neighborhood... my coworker got his Honda CR-V stolen on 07/03.
The lights do NOT have the blind spot monitor, it's just a plastic trim piece. Got them on Amazon. Kiwi Master.

Screenshot_20200710-144525_Amazon Shopping.jpg