Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Put these on:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2825E667-C116-4786-BEED-508B7B5BA20F

Use this guy:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7D546240-C970-4FAA-AC4E-7B5554740247

To replace with these guys:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E320E90D-1F99-407B-9F53-4D2454B4D993

Store old guys here:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 59B0636A-E8C6-4F9C-A056-EFDF640AC302

HappyJeeper

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLURD, '09 Tundra 5.7 4x4, '21 Prius
Occupation
Soils engineering/geology
I just put the 37 spare on on same rims. Noticed on Highway That the tire is moving up and down like the tire carrier is flexing is what it seems like. Not sure if you got stock carrier but curious if you notice anything
I have the Mopar tailgate carrier. So far works great!

TheAnimal

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl
I haven't had any issue with it shaking or sagging. I had my 35's on the stock carrier for a while and the only issue I had was the tire would barely rub the bumper when I closed it. I added a Rough Country relocation bracket about 15 months ago and didn't have any issues with that either but it raised the tire 4.5 inches and took away all visibility from the rear view mirror. The teraflex is a perfect fit so far, not only does it lower the tire but it also brings it closer to the tailgate than the RC one (I'm back to using just the stock bump stops on the tailgate) and it relocates the third break light to further improve visibility. Have you checked to see if the dealer tightened everything up and aligned it correctly after they added the "mopar crap". If you have read through this forum a bunch I'm sure you have noticed the common theme among many post is that the dealer routinely mucks stuff up.
They only added the relocation bracket and the tire doesn’t lay on the rubber bumpers...... I would thibk they would have put new ons
I love my Alpha HD carrier, I was waiting for the Teraflex hinge. Contacted them twice in the last year, a few weeks ago they told me that thanks to the Corona, it is delayed until next year.

Snip from my email dated 6/25...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200709_194420

Anyway, the UPS guy is bringing my Rugged Ridge hinge today
Well i would prolly wait for theres so maybe for now I’ll just delete my rear tire. I like matching products

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
Installed the Vicious Off-road cargo rack. Powder coat was shit. If you have a recline kit it’ll rub the back of the seat. Install was easy. Added a rubber pad between the seat and rack to take of the rubbing issue. Tomorrow wire the cargo light, third brake light and waiting on ORO license brake light replacement. 2 weeks from Colorado/ Utah. Good space for the Yeti 35.

1D3BBE2E-835C-4FC0-BEFD-060BE6ACD820.jpeg

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just added a Rancho Front Diff Skid. This thing is pretty stout. Should protect my drain plug for sure.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1D3BBE2E-835C-4FC0-BEFD-060BE6ACD820

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1D3BBE2E-835C-4FC0-BEFD-060BE6ACD820

While greasing my control arms I noticed my front diff skid has taken a beating and got bent off centre. No diff damage, no leaking, just the skid is bent. Don't recall any hard hits to it. If you look close at the front pic you can see 1/4" steel does bend!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200709_115808
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200709_135944
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200709_115919

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
At least nobody blew you up about installing them, I got them and got so many negative comments hahaha. I dig them
Why negative comments?!

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Why negative comments?!
Dunno lol it was quite amusing. Was stuff about making it easy for thieves, and waste of money bolts are just as easy. People just like to be opinionated when nobody asked lol

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
Here's what I did/am doing. Finished my Metalcloak 3.5" gamechanger lift install this weekend. Using Fox 2.5 DSC shocks. And today I'm starting the install of some pixeldecals decals. The red will be covered with matte black next, leaving just a pinstripe of red to match the Rubicon on the hood.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0384
mare you running 37’s?

Just ordered the same lift and thinking about the fox 2.5... how do you like the ride quality on road and off road??

Did you get the one rated for 2-3” lift ??Considering these or the king 2.5.

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
mare you running 37’s?

Just ordered the same lift and thinking about the fox 2.5... how do you like the ride quality on road and off road??

Did you get the one rated for 2-3” lift ??Considering these or the king 2.5.
I got the 3.5" - 4" shocks. Metalcloak actually suggests the 4.5" - 6" shocks for even more articulation. But that gives you more downtravel and starts limiting your uptravel. I'd rather hit whoops at higher speeds than have a little more rock clearance.

The ride on road has been amazing!!! Highways the ride and steering is so good it's as easy to drive as any sport sedan out there. You won't think it's a Cadillac mind you, but the ride is awesome. Dirt roads and washboard are also awesome on these shocks. I haven't done any hardcore rock crawling in this build yet.

I would also say that the range of adjustability is huge. You can go from so soft you can't feel cracks and expansion joints on the highway to so firm you'll knock your teeth out. So somewhere in between there's a ride for most anyone. I have a JKUR on ADS shocks which are probably better for pure offroad capability. Lesser known than shock brands like King, but if you want pure offroad performance you should look into them. Made in Tucson, which is where I live half the year, and where I offroad the JKUR.

I hope this is helpful.

TimR

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I got the 3.5" - 4" shocks. Metalcloak actually suggests the 4.5" - 6" shocks for even more articulation. But that gives you more downtravel and starts limiting your uptravel. I'd rather hit whoops at higher speeds than have a little more rock clearance.

The ride on road has been amazing!!! Highways the ride and steering is so good it's as easy to drive as any sport sedan out there. You won't think it's a Cadillac mind you, but the ride is awesome. Dirt roads and washboard are also awesome on these shocks. I haven't done any hardcore rock crawling in this build yet.

I would also say that the range of adjustability is huge. You can go from so soft you can't feel cracks and expansion joints on the highway to so firm you'll knock your teeth out. So somewhere in between there's a ride for most anyone. I have a JKUR on ADS shocks which are probably better for pure offroad capability. Lesser known than shock brands like King, but if you want pure offroad performance you should look into them. Made in Tucson, which is where I live half the year, and where I offroad the JKUR.

I hope this is helpful.
I'm sorry....what shocks did you get?

I just installed the MC 2.5" True Rate lift and though I really am happy with it, I feel that it could be a bit less harsh on the highway.

JMatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, JLUR
I'm sorry....what shocks did you get?

I just installed the MC 2.5" True Rate lift and though I really am happy with it, I feel that it could be a bit less harsh on the highway.
Sorry, it was in a post from above. I have the Fox Factory Race Series 2.5 Reservoir shocks with the dual speed compression adjusters. Specifically, part numbers 883-26-051 (front) and 883-26-055 (rear).