What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Installed my new soft top from Californiatops.com. It is very well engineered. Took about 2 hours to get it on but it won't take long to take off and put back on going forward. (The flashlight has been removed)

Softtop 1.jpg
Softtop 2.jpg
Softtop 3.jpg
Softtop 4.jpg
Well you created a insanely short bed Gladiator! Congratulations, I have to say that looks great.

GrumpyBadger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ocean Blue Wrangler Unlimited Willys
285/75r17s
AEA8DB82-1632-40C5-8B4F-2E87404C121D.jpeg
Is that a stock Willys? (i.e. no lift or whatever)

I am considering the same tire size but was thinking I'd have to bump it up a little - was thinking at least Rubi springs. Also... have you noticed any problem with those wider tires spraying stuff on the sides?

Looks great and what I am looking for!

TheJoyceIsYours

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lbdesignworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Designer
What bike carrier are you using?
That's the Thule Spare Me rack. I did a pretty good write up for the modification process. It doesn't work off without modification unfortunately.

Anthnyslzr7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler unlimited Willys
Did something small to my Jeep today; I added a Fuel Cap Door for some added security/peace-of-mind. It was my first addition to my stock Jeep (or any other vehicle for that matter). Took me about 5 minutes to do and I am completely satisfied by the outcome!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_5432

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Start here:

Then use these to cut off and flush down the useless plastic garbage nubs:

Then you have this:

Then use these to get it ready:

Like this:

Then align it:

And bolt it down (need your own hex):

And you have this! :

Toss useless plastic garbage nubs:

Niiiiice:

Those little Crescent clippers are pretty awesome, small little buggers but capable of big things. I've had my set for 12 yrs and they cut as good now as they did new. The little needle nose pliers that come with them are great too! Cheers.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Bestop Sunrider (Twill) yesterday in between the rain storms :dance:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3416

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3417

Inside/underside view!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3418

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my Bestop Sunrider (Twill) yesterday in between the rain storms :dance:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2020_07jul05_002_HiLiftJack_Inside

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2020_07jul05_002_HiLiftJack_Inside

Inside/underside view!
In a recent litebrite video, they pointed out how the Sunrider underside was just barely warm to the touch, whereas the inside of the rest of the hardtop was hot enough to chase the hand away. They thought it worth mentioning to anyone who might think that the black canvas material would've radiated more heat compared to the freedom panels. They also prefer the twill over the other version.

Will_Jeep

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2108 JKU Sahara, Black 2016 Mercedes CLS400
Vehicle Showcase
In a recent litebrite video, they pointed out how the Sunrider underside was just barely warm to the touch, whereas the inside of the rest of the hardtop was hot enough to chase the hand away. They thought it worth mentioning to anyone who might think that the black canvas material would've radiated more heat compared to the freedom panels. They also prefer the twill over the other version.
That is interesting to know, the black underside is very different the white of the hardtop.
Just got to wait for the weather to clear up to be able to test out this theory, but so far I like the look!
My son complained about heat in the top only this weekend, so I am looking at different headliners now, so good threads that I am reading through.

cptchunk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Is that a stock Willys? (i.e. no lift or whatever)

I am considering the same tire size but was thinking I'd have to bump it up a little - was thinking at least Rubi springs. Also... have you noticed any problem with those wider tires spraying stuff on the sides?

Looks great and what I am looking for!

Yep, suspension is 100% stock. I haven't had a chance to really drive it in the rain or in mud/clay/etc, but the width is fairly negligible. You'll notice it if you're looking for it and it provides the slightest bit of poke over the stock size.

I've put a few hundred miles on the new tires as I wanted to break them in before any wheelin', but hopefully will be back to Uwharrie for another trip in the next couple of weeks.

I love the look so much, I'm hard-pressed to do much else to it in the suspension department...maybe Rubi springs (we already have the struts).

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Got these:

A9FE0BFA-25B6-454E-B3B1-34C3EE8BC4D7.jpeg

Very nice packaging and cool plastic seal protection - No clue, what alchemy goes into that!

Take off cardboard

E58AF0AD-A7AD-41B7-8704-88B3366EE7F1.jpeg

Peel off backing:

0D607A7C-2A29-4D69-8A57-5E00A6351012.jpeg

Stick down:
(Note the back seat actually has a correct direction as the inner curve is larger towards the back)

4B4A2756-1E3D-4FF5-96D0-BCF635628E14.jpeg

1A5CD279-6E4E-4262-86F6-D13D75FD76F6.jpeg
Have had those Tufskinz for almost 2 years (but the black with red). For me, I never took off the sticky backing so they could be easily removed for easy cleaning when needed. Perfect friction fit has been enough to keep them sitting flat and looking good to this day.

Last edited: