What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

breakerbaker

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.0 JLU Sport S, 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650, 2003 100th Anniversary Harley-Davidson Softtail
Occupation
Navy Doc
I didn’t, but it was pretty simple. It is definitely designed to come out. The carpet is only perforated for the splits around the seat brackets, so the first time you have to cut or pull them apart. I was able to pull them apart by hand. If you just take your time you shouldn’t run into any trouble.
I think my only issue will be stripping everything out besides the diver seat.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Finished installing Warn's Elite rear bumper, I love the look, overall fit and finish plus the high clearance of the Warn but as most aftermarket bumpers (at least for those of us infected by OCD...) was a PITA to install level and square. After carefully adjusting the main mounting brackets it was still necessary to both elongate the left bottom hole in the bumper as well as shim same opening in order to center and level the bumper side to side...But in the end it looks great and is within about 1/16 (+ -) of an inch of each side being the same spacing from the body.

Note: On my Rubi, with the optional tailgate support, stock Rubi wheels running 315/70R17 KO2's, it was necessary to use at least a 3/8" wheel spacer on the spare for the tailgate to function properly. BORA supplied me with a 1/2" wheel centric spacer but 3/8" would also work.

Now for the license plate mount, this 'design' was clearly an afterthought handed off to an intern...fit and finish was even worse. Only an idiot would design something this amateurish meant to go on a high end bumper...Exposed hex head bolts going through a piece of angle iron in front of the plate? Really Warn, would it have been that hard to design a stealth mount behind the main plate frame?
As for the welded on lamp housing, not even salvageable...cut the damm thing off. After spending too much time cutting, grinding and shaping-the license plate mount is now serviceable...I still have a little more fitting to do but will do that when the LED bolt lights I ordered arrive.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 5.57.36 PM

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 6.00.25 PM

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
Thanks!
Bummer, I didn't realize the JL Pintlers don't come in Argent. Now I have to figure out how to get my backup camera to work with my JK Pintler....
Anyone have any thoughts? The base part of the camera housing on tire carrier is too wide for the smaller center bore on the JK Pintler.
I have WK Pintlers on my JLUR, just take a file or grinder to the camera shroud/mount (disassemble first!)

WK Pintlers are a perfect match, I believe you’ll need spacers to fit JK Pintlers.

73490849-D504-47BB-A205-56ADEBF528CB.jpeg

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Adjusted new light. Here's the camera view from back up camera in dash. And Tuesday I receive the led reverse lights it will even be more light
20200705_203659.jpg
The Deiseled lights came today. Finished back up light post. I promise. This view is in pitch black, no street lights looking down my street behind me.

20200706_210640.jpg

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
It will rub in a super hard turn against the lock. It’s minimal, in parking lot maneuvers. I’ve only heard it twice. I was worried about it rubbing during a panic stop but I’ve tested it a couple of times and get nothing. I’m extremely happy with it
Just unscrew the steering stops and put washer in-between. That will probably cure the rubbing issue if it bothers you.

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
installed front and rear Rancho diff slides.
ran a hidden wire under the window trim for the radar detector. hooked up to the aux ign/run wire.

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
Has anyone plastic dipped the stock wheel Jeep center cap? I just want the Jeep emblem on the center cap to match the Rubicon red.

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
@Sital

Looks good, but yes, the orange side markers are a no go on your JL.

The Diode Dynamics, Clear side markers are on sale til 12mn tonight if I remember correctly.
There is a 3-4 week backorder on them.

You can find as good a price at Amazon where I got mine. They are in stock there.
https://www.amazon.com/Sidemarkers-2018-2019-Jeep-Wrangler-Clear/dp/B07Q47XKCV/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=diode+dynamics,+jl&qid=1594039217&sr=8-2

The lights are quality stuff. Fit, finish, etc. is tops. Made in the USA. Install is easy for most anyone and takes about 10 mins. to do on each side.

Don't even consider the overseas side marker offerings for the JL. Fit, quality, etc. are lacking.
That's not my jeep, I was just quoting the post I was responding to. But the orange sidemarkers don't bother me, I don't even notice them.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
interesting how you was able to take a picture of the interior of the jeep while the camera is sitting in the seat.
That camera stays with me where ever I go and a zoom lens under the set. I take it to document all the Covid artifacts that I pass by. This is a once in many lifetime experience.