mikej

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@mikej

GOOD! you did the oil change yourself... Future changes will be even easier thanks to your new oil drain valve (I have a Fumoto oil drain valve) OK, now you got an oil change under your belt, next you need to do your own front and rear axle fluid changes in the future. Can tell you doing that is as easy as doing the JL, oil change.
Thank you! That is actually on my list. I'm planning on changing out the covers, which will necessitate changing the fluid in there. I am looking forward to it.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Installed EVO front control arm drop brackets. At 3.5 lift with 3/4 spaced up front these made a ton of difference in how the Jeep drives and handles. Best way to describe is it before I seemed to have a lot of bump steer now drives good as stock. If your over 2.5 lift definitely recommend them. I’ve had them in the garage for a while contemplating whether I wanted to loose the ground clearance but after installing looks like I didn’t loose too much. If they start taking a beating probably pull the trigger on long arms. Sorry for the crappy pic but best I can do.

D1CDCF34-E2AA-4226-B6D2-7C0776E59825.jpeg

74655CE7-5C58-4282-8C97-629E2D4B61BC.jpeg

Den_JL2DR

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SportS 2DR 6 Cyl Hardtop
After making stitched headliners in front, for the summer heat, completed another (longer) DIY project of soldering, stitching and machining/drill/tap adapter plates for bright cargo lighting.

In the center of hardtop are two lights on stitched liner.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Overhead

And attached two swivel side lights on each side of the roll bar.

Below in total darkness with only the new four lights.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Full_u

The four lights switch on automatically when the rear hatch is opened via a roller switch that rolls on the driver's side strut. Custom spring assembly makes it adjustable.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Switch

through a dimmer. Custom box and that's the soldering.
Green is on/off all., Blue is overhead on/off. In back is another switch for overhead to dimmer or direct to battery.
Knob is the dimmer, which is no parasitic drain, sealed pulse width modulation marine unit to lower the current draw with less brightness and for mood lighting.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Dimmer

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Swivel_direct

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Swivel_bounce

It runs on it's own rechargeable 12v 7 amp 4 pound battery so Jeep can be off and is independent of Jeep electrics.

The only mod to the Jeep was drilling two 10-32 clearance holes to attach the roller switch to the hardtop metal hatch plate, otherwise it uses the existing hardtop bolts to hold the dimmer and battery, and lights use velcro like tape in the center, or velcro belts around the roll bar.

To 85 percent capacity, estimate 8 hours all on, or 100 hours single swivel reading light only on a charge for camping nights or long tailgating night with bounce light,
and plugs in with lighter socket for option to move the plug to the nearby Jeep cargo port
if needed on a longer trip without the aux battery.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Battery

More on this in it's own topic, a lot to it to condense if anyone is interested, testing here, and is a next part of finishing stitched liners for the rear, with adding the overhead side panels next.

EDIT: Here is the start of that new lighting topic on the center liner lights and will be a few more posts in this new DIY topic to cover all the parts: DIY camping hardtop interior lighting

Front headliners is here: DIY forum stitched headliner
The custom carpet liner was another interior mod project here: Custom carpet liner project

Last edited:

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I created the Turtle and the Windshield sticker with my Cricut machine. Now I will be unstoppable. Need to replace the orange sun on the side because it clashes now.

Looks great!

We got my daughter a Cricut machine for Christmas which she has yet to use (it's at home but she's not). I just may have to usurp it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Looks great!

We got my daughter a Cricut machine for Christmas which she has yet to use (it's at home but she's not). I just may have to usurp it.
@Sital

Looks good, but yes, the orange side markers are a no go on your JL.

The Diode Dynamics, Clear side markers are on sale til 12mn tonight if I remember correctly.
There is a 3-4 week backorder on them.

You can find as good a price at Amazon where I got mine. They are in stock there.
https://www.amazon.com/Sidemarkers-2018-2019-Jeep-Wrangler-Clear/dp/B07Q47XKCV/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=diode+dynamics,+jl&qid=1594039217&sr=8-2

The lights are quality stuff. Fit, finish, etc. is tops. Made in the USA. Install is easy for most anyone and takes about 10 mins. to do on each side.

Don't even consider the overseas side marker offerings for the JL. Fit, quality, etc. are lacking.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Changed the oil myself (first time I’ve ever changed my own oil!) and installed a stahlbus oil drain valve. I’m planning on a skid plate soonish and don’t want to have to deal with cleaning oil from inside a skid. That said, I wouldn’t recommend the stahlbus without a skid because it hangs down just a little.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 75170CCC-9989-49CE-A7D2-FE873D27B838

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 75170CCC-9989-49CE-A7D2-FE873D27B838

i recommend the EVO skids. they have a great oval cut out for the drain plug! 1/4" steel plate too

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Stiffer defintely. However my steering is very sticky now, trying to figure out why. Everything was installed and torqued to spec but when i turn its turning the whole bottom threaded cap. So trying to figure out what the issue is
Very interesting. Keep us posted please.

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2012 McLaren 12C
I have that same bumper and love it! For the light bar I ordered the Rough Country 12" Cree in black and it was a perfect fit. It took me a while to find one that fit without any gaps. Ordered a few and this one was perfect. Hope this helps if you're still looking..

Yes thank you for that. I've ordered it just waiting on it now. I think you commented on my video too, or someone did with this info. Much appreciated!

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
This came today. SUPER fast shipping - like 2 days! Impressive. And very well packaged. Lets see how the install goes later tonight...

01127B70-01D7-4678-8838-21F65D7B0FE3.jpeg

99529D67-1BAD-4242-98A8-86B81339BDAB.jpeg

AF404FC5-4EA0-4F09-8620-344B09F0BFE2.jpeg