What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

WRGLR-JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willy's 2 door
Vehicle Showcase
Love it! How was the install.
Pretty straightforward. Took me a little over an hour. I tried to be real careful not to damage the dash panel surrounds. My biggest concern was removing the airbag behind the passenger panel. I disconnected the battery prior to proceeding. Wound up being pretty easy to remove and place it in the new panel. I watched this video on You tube before attempting. Provided lots of good tips to making the change.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...4A0093E4F74AF1E675264A0&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Does it drive different, better, more solid?
Stiffer defintely. However my steering is very sticky now, trying to figure out why. Everything was installed and torqued to spec but when i turn its turning the whole bottom threaded cap. So trying to figure out what the issue is

CalsJLUR

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone have a safe Independence Day. Today I left the old girl in the garage and took the family to the lake. I might come home to divorce papers and an empty garage.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Stiffer defintely. However my steering is very sticky now, trying to figure out why. Everything was installed and torqued to spec but when i turn its turning the whole bottom threaded cap. So trying to figure out what the issue is
A bit confused. The ball and socket cup should be pressed and not spinning in the knuckle, and the tapered stem should be locked into the axle side. This tapered press gets retained by the castleated nut.

So, is the threaded and tapered stem rotating in the axle or the cup is rotating in the knuckle?

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

aro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm working on a DIY headliner that should be a lot more efficient in terms of noise and heat insulation than any commercial products.

In the photo I just applied 80 mil Noico butyl insulation from Amazon for heat insulation. It has adhesive on the backside. (It tends to smear the hardtop when it touches it, but acetone cleans it up right away.)

It looks kinda ugly for now, but I'm not done. I'm still waiting for 1/2" 2 lbs polyethylene foam from Foambymail.com, for noise insulation. I will glue that to the Noico and it will change the appearance.

I don't think it will look as pretty as commercial products... I don't have the patience for that... BUT, it will be a lot cheaper and, most importantly, much more effective.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3019.JPG

Last edited:

jcm5399

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
I took the rock rails off my 2020 Rubicon...and cursed the designer who had two of the twenty bolts squirreled away where you could only get 1/64th turn of the wrench at a time.!