What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

BCalvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys JLU, 1996 Porsche 993, 2007 Hummer H3
Had to take a one way rental car to LA to pick the Jeep up during "lock down" in May.
N95 masks and gloves at the dealership.

When I got news Jeep was stopping production and they offered employee pricing for all, it was on.

cvd19.JPG

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Finished wiring in the Warn Zeon using Warn's power interrupter kit. Fabricated a solenoid mounting bracket from heavy gauge sheet aluminum and mounted it to the fender next to the battery using 1/4 inch nutserts. I did remove the airbox for better access routing the winch cables and I would recommend anyone wiring a winch to do so-actually saves time and allows for a cleaner, more secure install. The only thing left to do is to shorten the two main cables from the winch by eight inches or so-planned to do that today but the two heavy cable lugs I ordered were incorrect, will order a couple directly from Warn. Still a pretty clean install but will be much better after shortening these two main cables.

Since I already removed the airbox...I figured it would be a good time to install a Mopar CAI, so I picked up one form a local dealer who also sells Mopar parts wholesale online. It does clean up the engine bay nicely and is also pretty quiet! I have not yet installed the hood vent and will likely wait until Borla finally releases their Touring Climber cat-back for 2 door JL's. (They promise it is coming!) While I wait for Borla, I want to look into Livernois new JL 3.6 tune...A combo of the Mopar CAI w/hood vent, Borla cat-back and the new Livernois tune might actually net a noticeable performance gain!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1686

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1659
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1660
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1685

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
do you or anyone else have any ideas on how make the tray easily removeable. I was thinking maybe some type of mechanism. Just trying to think out of the box here
Some type of quick disconnect fastener that doesn't require tools and can apply enough pressure that there is no movement and rattling. I would install 4 of these down low on the tray itself and just leave the brackets installed on the roll cage. I don't like to repeatedly remove screws on body mounted nuts that can't be replaced. In my case the 3/4" plywood is in the way of these 4 tray bolts. I hope the tray works out and I leave it there permanently. When I am topless it still provides the added function of keeping people from seeing stuff underneath (unless they get real close), keeping them from pulling large items out and it keeps stuff from blowing away going down the road. I don't plan to leave all the plywood/rotopax/chargers there when the top off. That doesn't look great and draws attention so I'll probably put 4 bolts through the plywood and sheetmetal of tray that I remove when top is off.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3GJH1_AS01

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 49WA32_AW01

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? onetouchchakudatsu-w

DanNH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
My Mopar Performance Rock Rails arrived and looked ok despite a pretty beat up shipping box. The middle bracket on the left rail is bent upward making it impossible to install on the vehicle. Fortunately the online store it was bought from is stepping up to exchange it (their warehouse is local to me, so they're gonna drop off a new left rail for me, no issues). So I'm hoping I'll be able to install this weekend. So far, they look extremely robust, well-made, and will definitely serve as a very usable step without it being a shin destroyer when I load my kid in the back seat. The bedliner coating looks to be high quality and very nonslip.
I have them on my JLUR and I love them!

Shawn_1121

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Some type of quick disconnect fastener that doesn't require tools and can apply enough pressure that there is no movement and rattling. I would install 4 of these down low on the tray itself and just leave the brackets installed on the roll cage. I don't like to repeatedly remove screws on body mounted nuts that can't be replaced. In my case the 3/4" plywood is in the way of these 4 tray bolts. I hope the tray works out and I leave it there permanently. When I am topless it still provides the added function of keeping people from seeing stuff underneath (unless they get real close), keeping them from pulling large items out and it keeps stuff from blowing away going down the road. I don't plan to leave all the plywood/rotopax/chargers there when the top off. That doesn't look great and draws attention so I'll probably put 4 bolts through the plywood and sheetmetal of tray that I remove when top is off.

great idea, I have the Sky onetop and just read that it doesnt fit JL with SkY one tops... I wonder what prohibit it from fitting as the mounting area is the same

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
I have them on my JLUR and I love them!
So far I love them too! Really well made, easy to install, and they look original. Plenty of width to serve as a step but not so much that they hit my shins when I'm loading up my precious cargo. Very, very pleased with them!

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Chopped my front bumper, because Rugged Ridge made a piece of garbage.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200622_135907
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200622_135916
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200702_102715

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
KC'in is believin'...... ran out of daylight yesterday...... finished up the Warn winch install.... and KC LZR fog install, KC Slim LiTe A pillar install.... and KC Pro6 install....
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200701_204753
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200701_204258
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200701_204246