What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
this is the fan - COMLIFE Portable LED Camping Lantern with Tent Fan -5000 mAh Battery Powered Mini Desk Fan with USB Charging Input-Survival Kit for Hurricane, Emergency, Storm, Outages

this is the window screen - ROADIE The OVERNIGHTER SUV Window Tent - with Screen and Retractable Canopy- Patented

the fan is small but was good enough for the jeep. It has a LED light which when in total darkness was bright. Both the fan and the light have different settings.

The window screen worked as described. Overall it was easy to install (a few mins) and the opening was big. I thought I might need 2 to get a cross wind, but for now I am just using the 1.
Wow awesome thanks again for everything.....:like:

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

No, unfortunately an "EZ Out" is not gonna get it... The best way to get one out, without cutting a hole in the floor board ... doing damge that has to be repaired, is to loosen the other body bolts so the body can be tipped up a tad, allowing access to the end of the bolt.. then the tech welds a bolt to the broken body bolt and then he removes that bolt welded to the broken bolt if that makes sense. Once the isolator is away from broken bolt, lots of heat can be used to loosen the thread locker without doing damage to the isolator.. This process can take a couple of hours. I've watched this done, twice now.. Not my JL, fortunately.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Newark, just curious what dealership did the install?
Carman Jeep over on 13. Just called and talked to Tony over there the Service Manager, funny thing is when I took it in to get an oil change and tire rotation, they didn't do the tire rotation when Mark in service asked me there is no way you can tell if they did that or not. I replied there is still mud stains on my tires from the last time i went wheelin. So they said they would take care of me but the point is why should i have to go through that. Anyway I digress hopefully after the weekend i can get it back in to the shop and they can correct it. Maybe they can get me a deal on some Mopar Beadlocks? thank you to everyone on here for all the help.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Installed the 67 Designs rail kit. Super easy install, even w/out folding the windshield down (a do not do with the OneTouch Sky Power). Now waiting for it to cure so I can install the phone mount and action cam mount for my Osomo Action.

84B08EF5-3A9E-4FD3-A922-D83571B6FD32.jpeg

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Oh, the other day I cracked my front windscreen, does that count? I was changing the wiper blades and the passenger side arm dropped onto the glass “crack”. Second windscreen in a year.

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Quarantine projects over the past 2 weeks or so:
- satin black grill install
- Saharah white cut fenders
- American Adventure Lab highline fender lights
- LED fog lights with amber covering
- OEM LED Headlights
- Rugged Ridge Spartacus Stubby bumper with over bar
- painted Red tow hooks and $8 D rings from Home Depot lol

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 08014830-0103-4371-8089-18A69C6B8689

Last edited:

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the EVO Engine / Trans skid plate.

I didn't install the side exhaust piece as I am running LOD Destroyer Side Steps/Sliders and know they use a common frame bolt.

I like the fact my oil box and transmission lines are protected, but I dislike the lack of crossmember near the exhaust loop.

I think the tradeoff is worth it as long as the temperatures don't get too hot from the skid plate trapping hot air, etc.

I might need to think about how I can modify the exhaust skid or the old crossmember to bolt up...

Anyone who has don this, please let me know.

20200701_160451.jpg

20200701_160521.jpg

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a Metal Cloak Tow Wiring Skid Plate. Simple installation and a massive improvement over the OEM piece.