hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
It took 11 hours but we got the Rock Krawler no limits, x-factor, 3.5”, blah blah blah whatever suspension installed on the thing that I drive which at this point I could have bought a corvette for less money than.

Most of us know this, but changing shit over after you’ve been wheeling it for a year and a half is a pain. Everything’s bent and broken and stupid and takes twice as long. Somehow I bent the Yeti steering stabilizer relocation bracket to the point that some of the welds broke. That’s like one of 25 things.

Anyway, it’s on and I’m happy with it. It gave me about an inch over the Dynatrac Endurosport lift + 1/2” spacer suspension I took off. Initial impression, it’s squishy.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 6E4CEEE3-3E80-4434-A239-C9E89752877B
Looks great. Now go bend and scratch (don’t break) some of that new stuff. :like:

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
Installed Hooke Road cargo rack. I had bags piled on top of bags when I went on my offroading trips. Hope this helps!

An added plus is when my top is off the rack keeps stuff from blowing out or getting stolen (difficult to pull out and difficult to see).

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PHOTO_20200625_192426

Last edited:

Sol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2020 JL Willys
Aside form the fact that your wife's jeep is outstandin, I dont understand why it takes so long for your parts. Do they have to fabricate new ones because the standard parts dont work, and they know this ? Inquiring minds are so confused !
The last 25+ years of my career has been associated with product support so I have a bit of insight to recalls. Safety recalls are a major shitstorm for a manufacturer of a consumer product. The dealer doing the recall repairs can not deviate from the recall procedures or risk assuming liability. To complicate things, the timing of clutch recall throws in COVID-related disruptions to the supply chain.

So I’m not upset that the dealer tech inspected the entire clutch system per the recall procedures and found a leaking hydraulic line that can only be replaced by an OEM part that is back-ordered for weeks. Sure it sucks to have my Jeep held hostage and be stuck in a rental car at FCA’s expense, but FCA and the dealer are doing what they should in this case.

Since probably under 5% of JLs and JTs have a manual transmission, it was likely that FCA had a difficult time getting enough data to fully understand all aspects of the clutch system failures. I suspect FCA was blindsided by the clutch system hydraulic leaks and didn’t have a chance to develop improved versions and/or build up replacement parts inventory before COVID hit.

My first Jeep was just like that TJ on the other side of your new one... Silver with Black rag top, Rocky Mountain Edition and all.

DSCF0394.JPG
You spotted and correctly identified my co-worker’s beloved TJ! I’m jealous of the low-end torque he has with the 4.0 straight six. Been on a few short trips in his Jeep and discovered I’m not tough enough for the ride (bruises heal slower at my age).

Last edited:

JoshuaaT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6 Speed
Vehicle Showcase

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wife’s)
Installed Hooke Road cargo rack. I had bags piled on top of bags when I went on my offroading trips. Hope this helps!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 41653439-488C-4786-9D04-1D9CE1E74EDA
How do you like it? I think this is going to be my next mod. Do you mind posting some pics of the brackets and how they attach to the roll bars? Thank you.

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Went bumperless. Kinda diggin the look. Will run this until I decide on a rear bumper. Lookin at the minimal DV8 bumper..
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 41653439-488C-4786-9D04-1D9CE1E74EDA

I like this one.
I did the same thing and went with the Ace Engineering Hammertown. Great quality and finish. Plus the DV8 is just a ripoff of it.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20F103A0-6CEA-4970-88B3-A6B45297B576

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 262E78DC-EAD0-4374-AD49-CC68B0DAD2A6

LUV2JEEP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 F150 XLT
How do you like it? I think this is going to be my next mod. Do you mind posting some pics of the brackets and how they attach to the roll bars? Thank you.
I already have the Maximus-3 bracket for my roof mount installed. It uses the top bolt hole. The Hooke Rack uses both holes. I ended up putting 2 washers on the bottom hole (about the same thickeness as Maximus-3 bracket) and install the hook bracket on top of it. I might weld the 2 brackets together in the future if I am sure I am keeping the Hooke rack.

PHOTO_20200625_181951[2].jpg

PHOTO_20200625_182021[1].jpg

PHOTO_20200625_182029[1].jpg

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

The last 25+ years of my career has been associated with product support so I have a bit of insight to recalls. Safety recalls are a major shitstorm for a manufacturer of a consumer product. The dealer doing the recall repairs can not deviate from the recall procedures or risk assuming liability. To complicate things, the timing of clutch recall throws in COVID-related disruptions to the supply chain.

So I’m not upset that the dealer tech inspected the entire clutch system per the recall procedures and found a leaking hydraulic line that can only be replaced by an OEM part that is back-ordered for weeks. Sure it sucks to have my Jeep held hostage and be stuck in a rental car at FCA’s expense, but FCA and the dealer are doing what they should in this case.

Since probably under 5% of JLs and JTs have a manual transmission, it was likely that FCA had a difficult time getting enough data to fully understand all aspects of the clutch system failures. I suspect FCA was blindsided by the clutch system hydraulic leaks and didn’t have a chance to develop improved versions and/or build up replacement parts inventory before COVID hit.

You spotted and correctly identified my co-worker’s beloved TJ! I’m jealous of the low-end torque he has with the 4.0 straight six. Been on a few short trips in his Jeep and discovered I’m not tough enough for the ride (bruises heal slower at my age).
I hope your dealer had a better procedure paper than mine. all my dealer did was pump the peddle 50x to see if the line leaks..... didnt install the heat sleeve. didnt inspect the pressure plate at all. because the procedure says test the hydro line for leak if none found recall is complete.... not sure how they think this is ok. im currently trying to find a better dealer to inspect my clutch or ill have a transmission shop do it and get a claim going to reimbursement for full price of someone else's knowledge.

• Wow
Reactions: Sol