What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone know where to get gray with black surround instead of red? Or simply the same color gray as the trail rated badge?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
How to turn your car into a “Jeep” :CWL:

Liberty0rDeath

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Well took the plunge based on a few forums on here and replaced all the speakers in the Jeep. Dash, Metra Knee pods, SSV sound bar adapter with components, and new harness for the alpine amp under the passenger seat. Went from this
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? CB2C6BD0-2BD0-43A0-B9E9-89E9E25227C9

To this
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? BFACA7F9-A595-4C88-B5FA-4E104DBCCD08

Punkdad

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Ocean Blue
Looks great! Can you give some details on exactly how you hooked it all up? I've been wanting to do this, but don't even know where to start. I do have the AUX buttons ....
Unfortunately I didn’t video or take photos but here’s a few points / challenges I had:

1. Used aux 4 switch - there are plenty of threads on where these are And what color. Just under the passenger side dash

2. the lights I chose (6 piece million led glow) were great but the ones I put under the back seat were almost too short - had to reconsider where I put my controller but still not visible.

3. I zip tied all of the lights to under the seat or under the dash - real easy and dirt cheap

4. attaching The ground was by far the biggest issue I had because of access to the one I used - willing to bet there was a better option after the fact.

5. Make sure the lights work before the install. Didn’t have any issues with mine but I installed something similar on my daughters Jeep and the soldering of wires on one wire was faulty and didn’t work.

6. I used a fish tape to pull the wires from under the back seat to under the passenger seat so that I didn’t have to pull up a bunch of carpet.

good luck on it all - honestly it was a bit fun to have to learn a few things about my Jeep when doing this. I consider myself somewhat handy but slow and not meticulous - took me approximately 4 hours by myself in the heat.

Hans

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys 2.0 4D
No, these are power converters. I'm not proposing an adapter plug. If your appliance does not have a 120/240 switch on it, you must get a power converter to use it in Europe(and other areas). These have 240 vac in and 110 vac out.
Like this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Voltage-Converter-Compatible-MacBook/dp/B07GML6P16/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=european+power+adapter/converter&qid=1592593779&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzSlpCWk40OExNMDlQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNTIxMjQzMjlONFVQWENHRE5MRSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMjQ2MzMzMVRIQ1BBNk8xRUwwWCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Yes, there are others that are just mechanical converters from North American to Europe style plugs. Some are as cheap as $3. Here are a package of 2 for $7.
https://www.amazon.com/Unidapt-Europe-Quality-Adapter-Converter/dp/B077W89DK1/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=european+power+adapter/converter&qid=1592714820&sr=8-3

Power converters cost more but will do the job like the one in the link above. Here is another 500 watt (ELC 500 Watt Voltage Converter Transformer Heavy Duty Compact - Step Down - 220/240 to 110/120 Volt) for $35.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D957SZ...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl
This is very good to know. I didn't know something like that existed !
I have to get me at least two of those heavy ones ( 2000 W ) or heavier , so I can buy a Milwaukee screw machine and can take my US TV to Belgium in 4 years !
Thx for the info !!!

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Well took the plunge based on a few forums on here and replaced all the speakers in the Jeep. Dash, Metra Knee pods, SSV sound bar adapter with components, and new harness for the alpine amp under the passenger seat. Went from this
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5AA1E098-9366-418C-824D-586083128331

To this
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5AA1E098-9366-418C-824D-586083128331

Looks great and I'm sure sounds even better! Did you keep tabs on total hours invested in the project? I will be heading down the same path shortly...Wrapping up other Jeep projects first and saving the audio / interior upgrades for last.

Liberty0rDeath

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Looks great and I'm sure sounds even better! Did you keep tabs on total hours invested in the project? I will be heading down the same path shortly...Wrapping up other Jeep projects first and saving the audio / interior upgrades for last.
Sounds fantastic compared to the factory set up.
It took me and a buddy nine hours from start to finish. Some of that was guess work on removing the dash and being extremely cautious of not breaking any clips (lost 4, recovered 3). I also had to take the soundbar off twice to secure the crossover in the tube from rattling.
That also was dynomatting both the pods and soundbar and poly filling both. The wire harness from pac sports saved a ton of time. It would have been a two day project if I had done it myself.

iniezen

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Installed the Bulletproof phone mount and the Tuffy Console Lock Box with combination lock. The Bulletproof mount install was super easy and the thing is sturdy AF. The Tuffy console lock box was a bit more difficult. Tips: Get your wife, girlfriend, or daughter to help you...this thing requires small hands to navigate the small space. Another protip, connect your USB Cable BEFORE and navigate it through a little hole on the passenger side of the rig, otherwise it will be very difficult to get it in later. Once installed, this thing is great.

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

IMG_0591.jpg

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
Battles lost....

My wife and I wanted different personalized plates. In the spirit of it being 'her' jeep, we decided to place both orders and whichever came in first win.... :LOL:

She won

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1592787471570

"It's a disease..." (and I've got the receipts to prove it)

fwiw, I had "OVRMALR" but her choice is growing on me

DWaX

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Fabricated new foot pegs for the jeep....
20200621_092831.jpg

Painted them red to match the tow hooks..... Cut out a leather washer for between the hinge and peg on top and put a felt pad to protect the paint on the front panel

The pin pushing on the body is making me nervous....haha, since you fab'd them, take a look at this design, might save an unintended dent and easy to rework them to keep the strain on the hing pin that can take the stress.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCY60AM

WaX