Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2020 JLUS w/ one-touch top
Occupation
Logistician
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200618_185342

Between working from home and the kids being home all day, I spent the last 2 months trying to find time to paint the grill and inserts myself. Even messed up the paint job on the inserts because I was rushing to finish before helping with dinner. Finally caved and just bought it from MOPAR, money is time after all. Maybe when this is all over I can find the time to properly paint the inserts sting gray like I wanted.
Not pictured: CMM mirror mounts and Element fire extinguisher.
Now I need to figure out where to put my doors so I can take 'em off...

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’ve got two questions that someone can hopefully help me out with:

1. Are the new inserts supposed to be plastic?
2. Is there a secret to getting the old ones out?
When I removed the corroded ones from my 2014 JK I just placed the tool in the hinge from the bottom and hammered up until the inserts were pushed up and out. The inserts were nasty, took me much longer to actually get the doors off than to use the included tool to get the inserts out. When I did this for my 2018 JLUR a few months back, I used the same procedure and it took about 5 minutes to replace them all.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Mounted AEV Savegre’s (last week actually) did not want to post this till I learned how to pronounce it! Lol. Suv-eh-grey. I was all about the Borahs, and then i decided on these. Says matt finish, but its more satin which I like. Not dull, not shiny.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 90091493-C435-42A5-B0C8-87CFC33AC059

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Damn,
Thx for your time to check .

Was afraid of that , I'll try Makita or so
Thx
Hans
Is there a reason one of the many European to North American power adapters not work? Just don't exceed the power rating of the adapter. Looks like the Milwaukee charger is 252 watts (120 vac X 2.1 amps) watts so any adapter over 500 watts should be a good choice.

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Volt...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

OR,
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=european+power+adapter/converter&ref=nb_sb_noss

UUBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR; ‘95 Land Rover Defender 90
Windshield protection

Anyone who was interested in the Racing optics 3 layer tear aways, theres a quick link also I was just informed the coupon code "forum" will apply 10% discount, they stand by their product 100% and are very helpful on the phone.
Thanks @MalteeseJLU for the info, and for tracking down a forum code! Just ordered.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not to my rig, but to my buddies rig , I put a set screw in his sector shaft brace, to keep the bushing from spinning. It’s only been 500 miles, but we looked at it today and hasn’t budged......

I figure there’s a good chance this will work as long as you keep it greased, I do mine when I change the oil, while oil is draining, give it a pump or two, takes literally seconds to do. And even if it doesn’t end up working, it’s not any worse off than it was before.... :)

I thought I would mention here in gen pop
Details here.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...bar-and-sector-shaft-brace.50148/post-1159126

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
“Custom” gasket added to the back of the Rugged Ridge tire hinge.

Interestingly, often the tailgate will “drop” on the passenger side when installing...requiring you to shim the tailgate higher then tighten the passenger side screws. After applying this, the “grip”/traction of the padding naturally held the tailgate up when the hinge was pressed against it! So only one set of hands and no shims were needed!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E36AA37E-5C48-4DB8-B094-B0F2CABB2FCB

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0B89C966-E58F-4FDB-8DBA-666A87657197