BernJLUR

First Name
Bern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR (on order), 2015 Anvil JKU, 1995 4.0L YJ
I’ve got two questions that someone can hopefully help me out with:

1. Are the new inserts supposed to be plastic?
2. Is there a secret to getting the old ones out?
I was the original poster of these a few days ago. There was a nice simple video of the Derin hinge replacements on Quadratec or Morris 4x4. Here’s the description... They called them indestructible and then said “Made from genuine DuPont Delrin, our synthetic bushings will never rust and will outlast the faulty factory metal bushings. Our improved bushing design provide a snug fit while allowing your doors to open and shut smoothly“

To get them out, I followed the video and it got easier and easier. Take a flathead screwdriver and find the place where there’s the most visible space between metal bushing and the hinge itself. If there’s no real good space, then start where the bushing has the seam. Put the screwdriver at 45 degree angle and hit it with a hammer 2-3 times until it bends in. Then, work around the hinge doing the same thing until about half has been bent in. Then put the included removal tool into the top of the hinge space where it’s all bent in, and hit it 8-10 times until the bushing falls out the bottom. You don’t need to bend the whole thing...about half will make it easy. I scratched one hinge slightly because I wasn’t careful but a little touch up factory paint and you can’t tell.

First door freaked me out and I was too careful. Second door was the slight scratch that I touched up easily and cannot be seen now, Final two doors were easy because you get better at it every time. Hope this helps!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
looks great. Thinking of doing the same thing to my 2dr 2020 rubicon. Did my first tire rotation this am. Change oil tomorrow and diff. ThanksDid you have any fit problems and what year of jeep do you have?
Everything went together nice and smooth. Mine is a 2019 JLUR

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I’ve got two questions that someone can hopefully help me out with:

1. Are the new inserts supposed to be plastic?
2. Is there a secret to getting the old ones out?
I have seen a lot of posts about the delrin bushings. Seriously, just grease your door hinge posts when the doors are off, and once a year. the aftermarket stuff will add slop in you doors....

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Thanks so much for those #'s! Got so soured on my local dealer that I'm no longer giving them my business. I do everything myself, so they won't notice the loss of my filter purchase every 5k anyway. Allmoparparts will be my go-to, and I'll get to use another site sponsor.

Yeah, I've been checking in on that thread about the sector shaft woes. I'll more than likely only install the track bar reinforcement, and save the brace section for a winter redesign project. I've got a couple ideas yet to be put to paper and measurements taken.

Knock on wood, I haven't had any issues since new, except some wobble due to too much toe-in after the SteerSmarts front end treatment. It's the frame reinforcement that I was after and the sector shaft brace was more of an experimental "why not, while I'm in there".

Thanks again for those part numbers, fellow Jeep buddy!
Sounds like a great setup and as the firmer poly bushings are ideal for JL trackbars (and since you and other members are reporting they are squeak-free) I have added poly bushings to my future upgrade list! I would have used the Steer Smarts stabilizer relocation bracket but already had the Synergy stabilizer stud / trackbar bolt. The part numbers for the bolts: 2x 6512518AA and 2x 6512519AA.
Since your Synergy brace is not yet installed, I would really think about not installing the sector bearing assembly and just using the brace as a frame / trackbar support or just selling it and using one from Rancho, Steer Smarts or Rusty's.
Sorry, can you guys elaborate on what you’re talking about with the synergy sector shaft brace? I thought it was the best option there for firming up steering, not sure what you are saying. If there’s a more complete option or another perspective I’m all ears

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks sweet! Glad to hear of the improved handling. May i ask where you ordered the rear track bar axle side bracket from, and how long did it take you to get it delivered? Thanks
I ordered from Poly Performance - talked to Dustin. I think they are located next to Synergy. I got 15% off as Synergy was running a special so I ordered the full Stage 1 kit, shocks, steering kit etc.

Most of the kit came quickly within 2 weeks, only the rear track bar relocation Bracket and steering kit was delayed about 2 months. You don’t need both for the rear, as the Stage 1 kit comes with the bracket but uses the stock rear track bar. My research revealed that using both the Synergy rear bracket with their adj track bar cut down the rear wheel hop on rutted roads. most guys buying the stage 1 kit just request to swap the rear bracket out for the adjustable Synergy track bar as it Costs only another $20 more and allows better axle centering.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Sorry, can you guys elaborate on what you’re talking about with the synergy sector shaft brace? I thought it was the best option there for firming up steering, not sure what you are saying. If there’s a more complete option or another perspective I’m all ears

It's the best hyped option...and I too initially fell for the hype-something I rarely do.

Due to a number of challenging design issues, it is not reasonable to expect any aftermarket manufacturer to bring a low cost 'sector shaft bearing support' to market...At lest one that is effective, reliable, low maintenance, safe and not likely to create warranty issues.
Just a couple of these challenges: For starters precision alignment with the sector shaft and any type support would be critical...Every time you remove and reinstall the steering gearbox bolts, the gearbox will be in a slightly different alignment than it was previously. The Synergy sector bearing support assembly has alignment in one plane only. And then there is the bearing assembly design; a bronze bushing pressed into an aluminum housing using only 'grease as a seal' to keep water and dirt out, on the exposed underside of a 4x4?

For those who just want a little extra reinforcement for the gearbox and trackbar mount, the Synergy (without the sector bearing assembly) as well as options from Rancho (the one I went with after removing the Synergy) Steer Smarts and Rustys are all good options...There is good reason the other guys offer only a frame/trackbar brace.

For those trying to improve on the steering gearbox itself, probably the only viable solution is an upgraded steering gearbox...IMO

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
It's the best hyped option...and I too initially fell for the hype-something I rarely do.

Due to a number of challenging design issues, it is not reasonable to expect any aftermarket manufacturer to bring a low cost 'sector shaft bearing support' to market...At lest one that is effective, reliable, low maintenance, safe and not likely to create warranty issues.
Just a couple of these challenges: For starters precision alignment with the sector shaft and any type support would be critical...Every time you remove and reinstall the steering gearbox bolts, the gearbox will be in a slightly different alignment than it was previously. The Synergy sector bearing support assembly has alignment in one plane only. And then there is the bearing assembly design; a bronze bushing pressed into an aluminum housing using only 'grease as a seal' to keep water and dirt out, on the exposed underside of a 4x4?

For those who just want a little extra reinforcement for the gearbox and trackbar mount, the Synergy (without the sector bearing assembly) as well as options from Rancho (the one I went with after removing the Synergy) Steer Smarts and Rustys are all good options...There is good reason the other guys offer only a frame/trackbar brace.

For those trying to improve on the steering gearbox itself, probably the only viable solution is an upgraded steering gearbox...IMO
have you had any experience with Evo track bar is that an option vs steer smarts or Rusty...Only because that is the lift im steering towards just wondering if staying with the components of one manufacture. im far from any expert worried about changing my ride but improving the steering

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
have you had any experience with Evo track bar is that an option vs steer smarts or Rusty...Only because that is the lift im steering towards just wondering if staying with the components of one manufacture. im far from any expert worried about changing my ride but improving the steering

There are numerous good aftermarket adjustable trackbars available. I initially went with a Teraflex IR trackbar as I liked the Teraflex IR control arms I installed. When I installed Steer Smarts drag link and Rubi-length tie rod, I then added a top mount Fox 2.0 TS stabilizer only to find on hard right turns the Fox was too close to the Teraflex adjuster sleeve for my comfort. I 100% recommend the Steer Smarts track bar! I would also go with the 'Pro' version with the poly bushings which are just a little stiffer (what JL's need) and longer lasting. I did not go with the poly bushings due to past experience with other brands of poly bushings squeaking in previous vehicles-a concern that was unfounded as other members have commented they have no squeaks with the Steer Smarts poly.