What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
Taking my Jeep in for warranty work and instead of risking what happened to Stormin ( cancelling his warranty due to mods ) I decided to convert my Jeep back to totally stock form . It was pretty tedious but I managed to get my Weather tec mats out.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0992.JPG

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Taking my Jeep in for warranty work and instead of risking what happened to Storman ( cancelling his warranty due to mods ) I decided to convert my Jeep back to totally stock form . It was pretty tedious but I managed to get my Weather tec mats out.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0992.JPG
You must be exhausted

DizzyIzzy

First Name
Izzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 AEV JL370 - Hellayella JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Taking my Jeep in for warranty work and instead of risking what happened to Storman ( cancelling his warranty due to mods ) I decided to convert my Jeep back to totally stock form . It was pretty tedious but I managed to get my Weather tec mats out.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FCT00015-01__79140.1495826375
Just noticed that the weather tech mat doesn't have drain plugs.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FCT00015-01__79140.1495826375
Should’ve gotten the Jeep all weather mats instead. They’re pretty much the same thing and there’s also a dinosaur skull hiding on them as a bonus.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Thule 60" Square Bars with Rapid Gutter Feet and DockGlide Kayak rack. Boat is 10'6" long. Still have to take for a test drive, but seems pretty solid.

Looks great. Where do you take it! I have some sea eagle inflatables that we used at Lake Nockamixon last summer. Looking at maybe getting a “real” kayak and checking out some other places in the area.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IMG_0992.JPG
Links to the write-up and video?

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
Ok, so I'm getting a lot of likes, comments and questions about the S&B hood scoops so I thought I would try and give folks an update: THIS IS NOT SCIENTIFIC---- Just my Observations!
1. Driving around in start/stop city traffic the last three days in 87+ degree heat, it would appear the engine operating temperature has been reduced.
2. It would appear the hot air circling around the fire wall has diminished and the cab feels cooler, I do have Hot Head roof liners in my JL hard top, so could just be me.
3. They look cool and for $199.00 its a pretty god mod.
4. All my jeep buddies are jealous
5. My wife could care less
Hope that helps.
So, I know they have rain covers for these but that seems like a pain if you have to put those on everytime it rains. Are they really needed?

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
I need a rocket scientist or structural engineer or nuclear physicist for a question...but will settle for anyone marginally smarter then me (low bar)....

I have the topsy brackets that attach to the rear window brackets to lift the top off. They say to vertical lift only with them. Guess to avoid breaking the glass. I have a hoist thing outside I build but it is a single attachment point and would be a side lift they recommend against.

So question is, can I just add a piece of wood with holes to redirect the straps to change the pull from angled to vertical?

I can move forward a little, but below is the angle I would be working with...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1592422810823

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1592422832608

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I need a rocket scientist or structural engineer or nuclear physicist for a question...but will settle for anyone marginally smarter then me (low bar)....

I have the topsy brackets that attach to the rear window brackets to lift the top off. They say to vertical lift only with them. Guess to avoid breaking the glass. I have a hoist thing outside I build but it is a single attachment point and would be a side lift they recommend against.

So question is, can I just add a piece of wood with holes to redirect the straps to change the pull from angled to vertical?

I can move forward a little, but below is the angle I would be working with...

I would suggest building a square frame and find the center point for hoist to pick up from. This way all 4 corners are vertical.