Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Not so much “to my Jeep “ more “ for my Jeep “.
My old impact quit on me the other day, it did a good job, I just use it a lot, and I guess it had enough....:( So I got this today........

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200615_153046

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200615_153046

And apparently I can hook it to my phone?!?!..:swear:
Geeesh......technology has definitely left this old Neanderthal in the dust.... I hope I don’t get a call or text from it in the middle of the night wanting to be put on the charger or some shit.......:facepalm:......:)
I have the non-onekey version to make sure I don't get called! :giggle:

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.unsinkablebriancork.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JT (Gladiator) Mojave | Gobi
Occupation
Business and Executive Coach
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Brian, if you don't mind me asking - why did you ditch the KO2 (?) tires that came on the Jeep and go to similar size Milestars?

Thanks,
Johnny
The KO2s just seem too narrow for my tastes. Especially when I use spacers as well. I prefer the more aggressive look and capabilities of the Milestar Patagonia. I’m enjoying the 33s for awhile without going with a lift. I like the look. Mind you, I’ve gone up to 38s with them and I’m always happy.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Also, not really “TO my Jeep”. More of “FOR my Jeep”. A video of the roof winch system my boys and I built.

That is awesome, I did a similar thing a few years back, you should extend your controller wires.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Picked up my new 2020 Rubi last week and spent Friday and today putting my touch to it.
Sunrider top to replace the freedom tops
315/70/17 keeping stock rims for now
KC Apollo Pro 6" on the front bar
KC Rally 400 4" KC's by the windshield, both sets wired to the aux switches, what a great concept Jeep!
Mopar flat back grill and painted the inserts PR4 Chrysler Flame Red
Swapped out to original flat black bezels with the original dark grey bezels from original white grill
Rugged Ridge headlight grills
Elite Tail light guards

Next project Smittybilt SRC Side Armor should arrive from Amazon Monday
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2D0B6AFE-EA31-43FB-912B-E1EE3A8885F1
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2D0B6AFE-EA31-43FB-912B-E1EE3A8885F1
What lift?

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Just finished installing an all-black Steer Smarts track bar to mate with the recently installed Steer Smarts drag link and Rubi-length tie rod, all great products and work well with the top mount Fox 2.0 TS stabilizer, using Synergy's trackbar/stabilizer stud mount. Also installed the Rancho trackbar mount / steering support at the same time. It uses a different mounting design than Synergy's and fit perfectly-you could use just two fingers to slide the trackbar bolt through both the brace and factory trackbar mount. Really happy to report the front end is now quiet as a church mouse with zero noises when you bounce up and down or slowly go over speed bumps!

I originally thought the frame side factory trackbar support was misaligned as when I removed the OEM trackbar (only 1500 miles) the bushing was badly skewed to one side-turns out the trackbar ends were misaligned. Having thought the factory frame mount might have to be replaced, I read the FCA tech bulletin or replacement (which also involves removing the steering gearbox bolts) and it said in bold letters to discard the steering gearbox bolts and replace with new ones...So I ordered four new steering box bolts and replaced them when I installed the Rancho support.

And does it drive better?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
The KO2s just seem too narrow for my tastes. Especially when I use spacers as well. I prefer the more aggressive look and capabilities of the Milestar Patagonia. I’m enjoying the 33s for awhile without going with a lift. I like the look. Mind you, I’ve gone up to 38s with them and I’m always happy.
Thanks Brian, there was a miscommunication between the dealer and I resulting in mine being equipped with the KO2s instead of the Falken MT tires that I really wanted. I've been considering changing to 35" Pats.

Later,
Johnny

brain

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Brian, there was a miscommunication between the dealer and I resulting in mine being equipped with the KO2s instead of the Falken MT tires that I really wanted. I've been considering changing to 35" Pats.

Later,
Johnny
That happened to me as well. I had Falkens on my Land Rover Discovery (hobby rig), and was keen to have them on my latest Wrangler. They claimed it was a misunderstanding as well. That said, I bought a set of Gladiator Wheels and Falken Tire take offs. I put one hundred miles on them before I went with the Milestar Patagonia tires. I can offer them at a very good price if anyone is tracking this string. I live in Milton, GA.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
And does it drive better?

It drives great and is quiet-zero squeaks, clicks or pops. Steer Smarts also offers this trackbar as a Pro model with sleeved poly bushings. I chose not to do the Pro version due to concerns of poly bushings squeaking, however other members have chimed in that they have the poly bushings and they too are quiet. Luckily, you can upgrade to the poly bushings at any time...another future upgrade!

Prior to installing the Steer Smarts trackbar I had a Teraflex IR trackbar which is also very good and did make a big difference when I replaced the OEM trackbar. The reason I sold the Teraflex was I installed the Steer Smarts drag link & tie rod (Rubi length version) then added a Fox 2.0 TS top mount stabilizer-which on hard right turns was just too close for comfort to the Teraflex adjustment sleeve. The Steer Smarts allows you to rotate the clamps as needed for clearance.