Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Cut out some rubber runners to fit in the back of the tub for the summer or until I put the carpets back in.....

Aramis76

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 606431DD-F138-4B1E-98ED-C746FC38C6CB

I added a little Diamond White metallic from a Mercedes C class to the driver's side rock rail. FML...
I would have laughed this one off... See it this way, if that's the only damage you have from an encounter with another vehicle, you're lucky.
Besides, rock rails are meant to be scratched up, if you intend on keeping your rock rails looking brand new, you're doing it wrong.
Now, having said that, I totally understand being frustrated someone else rubbed your Jeep!

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
I would have laughed this one off... See it this way, if that's the only damage you have from an encounter with another vehicle, you're lucky.
Besides, rock rails are meant to be scratched up, if you intend on keeping your rock rails looking brand new, you're doing it wrong.
Now, having said that, I totally understand being frustrated someone else rubbed your Jeep!
Oh, I'm just pissed at myself that I'm on the hook for it. I'm not even going to fix the paint.

DanNH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
FYI- Frequencies from subwoofers are non-directional. Placement on the side or in the floor doesn’t make a difference. The speaker, amp, and cabinet are what make the difference.
Agreed. The base response is better when mounted of the back floor than on the sidewall

DanNH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Not attached to the Jeep when set up just fits nicely right there while traveling. Also the subwoofer comes like that in the 2 door model if you opt for the ungraded sound system. Wish I had it mounted on the side actually because I have OCD about dust or dirt falling in the speaker. Haha
Haha I know what you mean. I had the upgraded sound system with the sub on the rear floor in my 2016 JKU 75th anniversary edition. I was concerned about dirt and crap falling thru the grill and onto the speaker. What I did was go to Joann’s Fabrics and bought a piece (large enough to easily cover the speaker grill and some of the surrounding area) of very thin black nylon fabric. I put it underneath the carpet on the rear deck floor (covering the speaker coutout in the carpet). It worked great. Never got anything in/on the speaker and it didn’t change the sound characteristics one bit.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S
New tires and rims. Fuel Vectors in matte grey on Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/75 17. Stock suspension. Might add a 2 inch lift but not sure if I really need it on the coast.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 298BFFC7-3C76-49DC-9D9C-AF7C7A2D3CFD

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 298BFFC7-3C76-49DC-9D9C-AF7C7A2D3CFD

I like how the grey matches the body color. Nice job.