First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I got the Jeep back from the body shop. The paint bubbles are gone. They said they put a protective coating on to prevent it from happening again.
Before-
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2019 Wrangler Rubicon Hood Hingee Paint Bubbles

After-
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200605_110257

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
.... I don't need to get into that discussion in a Jeep thread. ;) Your experience in your city and state may be completely different than mine.

I am 1,000% on board with your green line, though!!! :)
I can completely agree with that. We're here to enjoy ourselves not get into heated debates.
I also wanted to say thank you for the polite and rational response. People tend to forget that we don't have to agree to get along. And yes, clearly my experience has been different than yours.

PS, thanks for supporting the military too. Back in the 60's that was not a common thing. It goes to show that with time we CAN fix things. It's not going to happen over night, but I think we're on the right path if people start having open and honest conversations with one another. We need to avoid getting defensive, taking things personal, and getting argumentative. It will be difficult to not take offense because these are personal issues that people feel very strongly about. We (everyone) needs to take note from Steven Covey and remember that the key to communication is to first seek to understand, then to be understood. This goes for both sides of any conversation be it race, politics, religion or even asking your boss for a raise.

I can’t believe it either. Huge failure on their part. All my buddy with JK’s have them and it such a sweet setup!
I really thought they were going to follow through when the made that thread a while back about it. They teased a potential release and then it flopped. So sad because I really wanted one.

I have been pulled over and ticketed for 15 over 35, right after being stopped at a red light. Apparently I was drag racing in my Ram 1500...
In Virginia that's automatically reckless driving, and when I tried to dispute it the officer lied and said he saw me speeding from "way down the road, before the red light."
Inflated tickets are definitely a problem.
So it sounds like you were speeding BEFORE the light not after stopping at it. So did he lie or did you just misunderstand where he said you were speeding? Obviously I don't know though, because I wasn't there.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Installed 3 dash cams: front facing, rear facing and one that covers the inside of the cab and speedometer (because I don't trust cops, lol)

IMG-20200603-151920318.jpg

IMG-20200603-151907454.jpg

IMG-20200603-152057103.jpg

IMG-20200603-152159084.jpg
I wonder If a state couldsubpoena that footage in the event of a crash or moving violation? Do any of our LEO members know? Thanks.
I got the Jeep back from the body shop. The paint bubbles are gone. They said they put a protective coating on to prevent it from happening again.
Before-
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 45280E79-CAD1-4CE8-9E0D-12D5E6E61BB8

After-
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 45280E79-CAD1-4CE8-9E0D-12D5E6E61BB8
how long did it take before those bubbles began to show?

Delong418

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport - Punk’n Orange
I wonder If a state couldsubpoena that footage in the event of a crash or moving violation? Do any of our LEO members know? Thanks.

Attorney here checking in. Absolutely could subpoena them. In my civil cases I request or subpoena dash camera footage from each vehicle I’ve identified to be at or near the scene.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
Attorney here checking in. Absolutely could subpoena them. In my civil cases I request or subpoena dash camera footage from each vehicle I’ve identified to be at or near the scene.
Thank you resident attorney! So it’s hard to plead the 5th when your own dash cam would/could incriminate you.

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired

The Jeep was built in January 2019. I bought it in January 2020 and they were there. I believe it was posted that we should expect this where the hinges meet the doors and hood because one is steel and the other is aluminum. This will happen where measures to prevent galvanic corrosion are not used.

Galvanic corrosion, also known as bimetallic corrosion, is an electrochemical process whereby one metal corrodes in preference to another metal that it is in contact with through an electrolyte. Galvanic corrosion occurs when two dissimilar metals are immersed in a conductive solution and are electrically connected.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
The Jeep was built in January 2019. I bought it in January 2020 and they were there.
Thank you. I was curious if it was something I needed to look for which developed over time or if it came that way.

First Name
Tori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Sport
I have the Barricade aluminum front bumper and added this extra protection, no modifications needed. Let me know if you want a pic.
https://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-factory-front-bumper-skid-plate-jl-wrangler.html

I don’t think I have a pic on my build thread, but I have these two listed.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/chads-colorado-2-door-onroad-and-offroad-fun.39251/
Thank you very much! I saw someone else asked this question too, but how do you like that bumper? I think that is my runner up because it is light and I really like the way it looks as well.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I wonder If a state could subpoena that footage in the event of a crash or moving violation? Do any of our LEO members know? Thanks.
Thank you resident attorney! So it’s hard to plead the 5th when your own dash cam would/could incriminate you.
And it absolutely can incriminate you. As a crash analysis and reconstruction expert I can easily determine/prove how fast a person was driving from a video. This has helped defense attorneys as well as prosecuting attorneys depending on what the camera shows.
I have a camera in my Jeep, but it doesn't worry me because I drive like a little old man so it will exonerate me. If any of you drive "spiritedly" keep in mind your camera can tattle on you if an attorney is savvy enough to subpoena the footage.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
And it absolutely can incriminate you. As a crash analysis and reconstruction expert I can easily determine/prove how fast a person was driving from a video. This has helped defense attorneys as well as prosecuting attorneys depending on what the camera shows.
I have a camera in my Jeep, but it doesn't worry me because I drive like a little old man so it will exonerate me. If any of you drive "spiritedly" keep in mind your camera can tattle on you if an attorney is savvy enough to subpoena the footage.
My motto is “arrive alive”.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Great motto.

DavidRam

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 door
I can completely agree with that. We're here to enjoy ourselves not get into heated debates.
I also wanted to say thank you for the polite and rational response. People tend to forget that we don't have to agree to get along. And yes, clearly my experience has been different than yours.

PS, thanks for supporting the military too. Back in the 60's that was not a common thing. It goes to show that with time we CAN fix things. It's not going to happen over night, but I think we're on the right path if people start having open and honest conversations with one another. We need to avoid getting defensive, taking things personal, and getting argumentative. It will be difficult to not take offense because these are personal issues that people feel very strongly about. We (everyone) needs to take note from Steven Covey and remember that the key to communication is to first seek to understand, then to be understood. This goes for both sides of any conversation be it race, politics, religion or even asking your boss for a raise.
Thank you for the same reasons.