What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

azredzone

First Name
Terrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Bought one of those Alien shades off Amazon for the front. Price and quality Is good. I grew up in Tx and thought i was good w the sun. Here in the front range the sun is a whole different $hit i get burnt w less than one hour of direct exposure lol! Anyway, installed the shade, drove from Castle Rock to Deckers to Kenosha Pass and back last weekend (plenty sun) with only the sunshade. Got home said damn it got sunburned woke up the next day realized most of it was windburn. That’s about a 5 hour in the direct sun drive (total back and forth stopping to pee and coffee and all that). And if you have been in Colorado anywhere near summer you know our sun burns the dog-$hit out of people lol! The shade made a HUGE difference and I have left my front panels off ever since i put the shade on. Ill post pics at some point
Alien Shades for both front and rear was one of the first purchases I made for mine. Arizona sun makes these a requirement!

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Added a pair of KC 6" Pro-Sport with Gravity® LED G6 Wide-40 to the front bumper. I had ordered a set of Mopar mounting brackets from @Northridge4x4 but found that the lights were too big to fit on the brackets. Made a quick decision to bolt then directly to the bumper and figured I’d replace the bumper soon enough anyway.
7DF29527-6145-4605-A7D6-82DC4EF35CD9.jpeg
So did you drill holes directly into the bumper?

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Work in progress on this one...
My wife ordered the KC Flex Bar in 10" Combo Lighting.
>>>Pause for important note... If you haven't noticed from her build thread, she is super particular about how everything looks.<<<
The included KC brackets would not mount to the bumper in a way that would fit the light, and, the KC grill guard (tube) mounts put the light too high for her taste. Off to the fabricator she went. He made the following brackets that are now at the powder-coater to get a black wrinkle finish.
And here is a bonus note. If someone on the forum is picking up the KC 10" Flex Bar that has the Steel Factory Bumper and wants the lights mounted low, she had two extra sets made in case someone wants to buy a set at her cost.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_4207-L

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_4108-L

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_4109-L

And a test at the fabricator's (sorry just a tiny screenshot):

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_4180-S

Last edited:

MyLilPonyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2012 McLaren 12C
Upgraded the front bumper to the Smittybilt Stryker with the removable end caps (wings), and added a Smittybilt XRC GEN3 12k Synthetic rope winch as well. Need to cut that ugly hook and install the block. I really love this bumper. Now I just need a 13" lightbar or some cube lights that can mount to the winglets

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? JeepFrontBummper

Install video in case anyone wants to see the process (not a DIY video lol)

Lab1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sting Gray, '20 M340i
who ever did the install at NorthRidge needs to get a raise. You never see someone properly Tick mark after torquing bolts these days. This is something every company should do
Yep, and that shop does it on every install- they are true professionals and led that way.

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
who ever did the install at NorthRidge needs to get a raise. You never see someone properly Tick mark after torquing bolts these days. This is something every company should do
I totally agree. I was expecting to have to do it on my own!

BeachNJeep

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubi 4xe, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Occupation
Sub-acute hospital administrator
Love that bumper, it’s like Fab Fours but hides the winch.
I can’t for the life of me find that, do you have a link/source? Thanks!
It's no longer offered. But it's an EAG bumper

First Name
Tori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Sport
Barricade adventure bumper and Quake Led Headlights, fog lights and fender lights with DRL. No dealer flash needed, plug and play.

B349CDDF-B00E-4454-BA26-8A17BAE3239A.jpeg

AA25DF2C-52DD-4EDF-BB83-88CB961FAD21.jpeg
Do you have a skid plate or some other protection under the bumper? I think I see something extra under there. I want to get this front bumper but also want a skid plate for protection and am having trouble finding one that will match well with this bumper without much modification.

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
I like the the covers!
Don’t you worry about the interior, most importantly the dash and associated electronics?
I got caught once in a surprise rain fall and the only thing dry was the dashboard and instruments...the seats were soaked...lol..

So as of yet..no but it's there in the back of my mind....

I put my bikini top on so I am hoping that will help...it showered today so when I go out in an hour, I will see if it worked.

Xtremetj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 Platinum, Ignot Silver, 2019 Rubicon Unlimited, Billet Silver
Occupation
Oil & Gas Environmental Rep
the fact that they did not make it so 2 of their products work together has to be the most ridiculous thing! I don't understand as far as the retractable sunshade, How long has it been in R&D?
Im not sure but last I heard they tabled it so they could focus on what customers wanted. TheirCore doors, etc. I think there are plenty of us that want the retractable that they could produce it.

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Do you have a skid plate or some other protection under the bumper? I think I see something extra under there. I want to get this front bumper but also want a skid plate for protection and am having trouble finding one that will match well with this bumper without much modification.
I have the Barricade aluminum front bumper and added this extra protection, no modifications needed. Let me know if you want a pic.
https://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-factory-front-bumper-skid-plate-jl-wrangler.html

I don’t think I have a pic on my build thread, but I have these two listed.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/chads-colorado-2-door-onroad-and-offroad-fun.39251/

psdtime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2020 JLRU
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Barricade aluminum front bumper and added this extra protection, no modifications needed. Let me know if you want a pic.
https://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-factory-front-bumper-skid-plate-jl-wrangler.html

I don’t think I have a pic on my build thread, but I have these two listed.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/chads-colorado-2-door-onroad-and-offroad-fun.39251/
How are you liking the bumper. I'm leaning towards aluminum to keep things light.