What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Expensive day at the dealer. This weekend I went to install the AUX switch pannel. I ran the harness across the engine bay, dropped it down into the fender well. Cut a hole though the grommet to feed the harness in and... oops.

First off, the cut didn't pierce both sides of the grommet. Went at it again. Couldn't get the interior portion of the harness in. Eventually did so but managed to bust one of the connectors for the 10 pin plug into the switch panel itself.

I wired everything else up except for the switch, figuring I'd find a replacement pin to crimp on. Hulk would not start. The dash threw lots of errors about not being in park (it was). Put my code reader on, U0101. This means the TCM wasn't communicating. Checked the harness points that I worked on, and didn't see anything unusual. Called roadside assistance and got the Hulk towed in.

They brought everything back to factory spec. noting that pin 13 on the bus connector under the kick plate wasn't staying in the harness, but we worked around that. Same error was coming up. They had to over night it to do more investigations.

They traced it to a short or something in the harness that runs from outside the firewall into the cabin. Took apart the 2' or so run of wiring. Turns out the TCM bus wire wasn't in the bundle/loom of other wires and when I cut a hole through the grommet I nicked the wire. It was grounding out. Repaired ($1100 after tax) and now I need to source a replacement AUX cable harness because mine’s f'd up. At least the Jeep is running again.

EDIT: spelling
This happened to me and cost me $2200 from the dealership. Never run or cut hole in the firewall on passenger side where all the wire is . The wire got cut some how when I tried to use a hanger to snake my positive wire and threw me a 4WD error and could not use 4WD and they have to remove everything to re wire it. From now on I just run the wire under the Jeep thru the grommet hole under the passenger seat

ciroval5

First Name
Ciro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I installed my arc door hangers, and I used a lot of pool noddles to protect the doors because I do not have a lot of space. I have to cut a few more noodles, but so far they are working great.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0896.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0897.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0898.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0899.JPG

Trojan_Actual

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Occupation
Retired Military
Decided to try out the Pedal Commander that some people were raving about. Lol. I actually really like it!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3A3474CC-F0A1-438B-BE17-BA5CBE9E3BCC

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
I installed my arc door hangers, and I used a lot of pool noddles to protect the doors because I do not have a lot of space. I have to cut a few more noodles, but so far they are working great.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3A3474CC-F0A1-438B-BE17-BA5CBE9E3BCC
It looks like you’re doing it wrong...the lip of the ARC hangers should seat in exactly the same space occupied by the window glass, when the window is in the “up” position.

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
Did lots... no pics though...

1) changed the oil in the pumpkins....
2) added an extension to the breather hose of the rear axle... snaked it up and tucked it in the right rear taillight housing on the tub.
4) couldn't find the front breather hose
5) made a rain cover out of tarp for the GPS and CB for those surprise rain days when going toppless...

That's about it....

Now I'm tired... Yawn!!!
Can you share a pic of your rain cover? I've got so many ideas cluttering up my head.

Jon

Punkdad

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Ocean Blue
These look awesome! Where did you order from?
Thanks - LEDGLow product on Amazon - ordered the 6 pc million light version. Pretty happy with the product. Tied it in to Aux 4 switch. Only real issue I had was that the longest two cords for the lights needed to be about one foot longer to reach where i wanted to put the controller (behind the glovebox) - instead, i had to put in just under the glovebox but still completely hidden.

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
Bought one of those Alien shades off Amazon for the front. Price and quality Is good. I grew up in Tx and thought i was good w the sun. Here in the front range the sun is a whole different $hit i get burnt w less than one hour of direct exposure lol! Anyway, installed the shade, drove from Castle Rock to Deckers to Kenosha Pass and back last weekend (plenty sun) with only the sunshade. Got home said damn it got sunburned woke up the next day realized most of it was windburn. That’s about a 5 hour in the direct sun drive (total back and forth stopping to pee and coffee and all that). And if you have been in Colorado anywhere near summer you know our sun burns the dog-$hit out of people lol! The shade made a HUGE difference and I have left my front panels off ever since i put the shade on. Ill post pics at some point
Totally agree! I put my sunshade on yesterday. as much as i like the "complete open" feel you have to have a shade here.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! Let's see some full on side pics.
This is the only one I got so far. I know it’s a lot of fender space, but rubbing is completely a non issue now, which is what I wanted for my longer shocks that are coming hopefully soon, ordered back in March........:facepalm:.

I don’t want to go bigger tires until I can do tons and 40s, long arms, and coil overs and re gear. So I’m gonna have to just prepare myself for the bullying. The wife says “ it looks more off roadie” bless her heart.

I still have rear lod bumper to do, it’s a hundred pounds, then maybe I can take out my front 1/2” spacers that I have in for leveling, and that might help.

But for now it is what it is..........:)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 45D3C25B-A1DE-442B-8DA1-229E541D5E7A

Last edited:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
This is the only one I got so far. I know it’s a lot of fender space, but rubbing is completely a non issue now, which is what I wanted for my longer shocks that are coming hopefully soon, ordered back in March........:facepalm:.

I don’t want to go bigger tires until I can do tons and 40s, long arms, and coil overs and re gear. So I’m gonna have to just prepare myself for the bullying. The wife says “ it looks more off roadie” bless her heart.

I still have rear lod bumper to do, it’s a hundred pounds, then maybe I can take out my front 1/2” that I have in for leveling, and that might help.

But for now it is what it is..........:)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 45D3C25B-A1DE-442B-8DA1-229E541D5E7A
I think gap looks good. Definitely off roadie :). No need for larger tires.

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
Installed 3 dash cams: front facing, rear facing and one that covers the inside of the cab and speedometer (because I don't trust cops, lol)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG-20200603-152159084

What kind of cameras did you use?