What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
I was just about to say.... man i hate it when people shine tires. bet you wont forget to tell him next time haha
Right? And I didn't even show my spare. If you saw that... The first time he detailed my car when I first got it last year I remembered to lol.

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
Working in the garage today, someone comes a knocking...what do we have here a big delivery box!!...

Before:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3079.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3078.JPG

After:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3080.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3091.JPG

Profile:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3090.JPG

I drive 100k (60 miles one way) to work daily and I get a LOT of bugs in early springs going through the forrested areas of the highway as you can see in the photos and the non cleaned grille and thats after rain...;) I sometimes clean the windshield before leaving then clean it again halfway cause I can't see anymore before finishing my way home. I had these on multiple trucks and it seem to make a bit of a difference. Hopefully I'll be able to make it one shot to home with this on the jeep...:fingerscrossed: I had something similar on the TJ but it was a souple cover which kept all the crap in underneath it and I didn't like it for that. I had this same brand on my little lifted Mazda so bought the same thing for the JL. I like it so far, installation was a breeze.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Expensive day at the dealer. This weekend I went to install the AUX switch pannel. I ran the harness across the engine bay, dropped it down into the fender well. Cut a hole though the grommet to feed the harness in and... oops.

First off, the cut didn't pierce both sides of the grommet. Went at it again. Couldn't get the interior portion of the harness in. Eventually did so but managed to bust one of the connectors for the 10 pin plug into the switch panel itself.

I wired everything else up except for the switch, figuring I'd find a replacement pin to crimp on. Hulk would not start. The dash threw lots of errors about not being in park (it was). Put my code reader on, U0101. This means the TCM wasn't communicating. Checked the harness points that I worked on, and didn't see anything unusual. Called roadside assistance and got the Hulk towed in.

They brought everything back to factory spec. noting that pin 13 on the bus connector under the kick plate wasn't staying in the harness, but we worked around that. Same error was coming up. They had to over night it to do more investigations.

They traced it to a short or something in the harness that runs from outside the firewall into the cabin. Took apart the 2' or so run of wiring. Turns out the TCM bus wire wasn't in the bundle/loom of other wires and when I cut a hole through the grommet I nicked the wire. It was grounding out. Repaired ($1100 after tax) and now I need to source a replacement AUX cable harness because mine’s f'd up. At least the Jeep is running again.

EDIT: spelling

Last edited:

gabeguy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Rubi (SOLD) , 2007 FJ Cruiser, 1954 Willys
Just a few upgrades today, First Added the Leather Seats wireless console, Tim at there Company was fantastic to work with ! The quality is second to none, as if FCA made it as they should have. I couldn’t be happier.
Second I know this is Old School but I found a company that has a CD player that works with a USB port, And yes I have a thumb drive that i use, but i also have hundreds of Cd’s So i wanted a Cd player. To each his own,right.
Works great so far, I’ll report back after some use.
If anyone is interested I have the company info.
Third was the trim rings around the 4 wheel drive shifter, cup holders and on the console handle. To match what jeep has around the auto trans shifter.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7D4C16CF-FF3E-479F-A3C0-508764758FEB

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7D4C16CF-FF3E-479F-A3C0-508764758FEB

What brand & where did you get that center console lid?

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Did lots... no pics though...

1) changed the oil in the pumpkins....
2) added an extension to the breather hose of the rear axle... snaked it up and tucked it in the right rear taillight housing on the tub.
4) couldn't find the front breather hose
5) made a rain cover out of tarp for the GPS and CB for those surprise rain days when going toppless...

That's about it....

Now I'm tired... Yawn!!!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
Expensive day at the dealer. This weekend I went to install the AUX switch pannel. I ran the harness across the engine bay, dropped it down into the fender well. Cut a hole though the grommet to feed the harness in and... oops.

First off, the cut didn't pierce both sides of the grommet. Went at it again. Couldn't get the interior portion of the harness in. Eventually did so but managed to bust one of the connectors for the 10 pin plug into the switch panel itself.

I wired everything else up except for the switch, figuring I'd find a replacement pin to crimp on. Hulk would not start. The dash threw lots of errors about not bring in park (it was). Put my code reader on, U0101. This means the TCM wasn't communicating. Checked the harness points that I worked on, and didn't see anything unusual. Called roadside assistance and got the Hulk towed in.

They brought everything back to factory spec. noting that pin 13 on the bus connector under the kick plate wasn't staying in the harness, but we worked around that. Same error was coming up. They had to over night it to do more investigations.

They traced it to a short or something in the harness that runs from outside the firewall into the cabin. Took apart the 2' or so run of wiring. Turns out the TCM bus wire wasn't in the bundle/loom of other wires and when I cut a hole through the grommet I nicked the wire. It was grounding out. Repaired ($1100 after tax) and now I need to source a replacement AUX cable harness because mine’s f'd up. At least the Jeep is running again.

EDIT: spelling
damn...., hate when mods go south.., aggravating and expensive (and not just the beer)... Good luck..

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Ohhh I forgot...I also had to get the jeep radio rebooted today..... last week I had a, what I can only describe as a power surge noise, come through the speakers, the radio went blank and the time resent itself after it remained dead for about 20 seconds. That was the second time it happened. Since I got the jeep....

They said it showed an error so they rebooted it..... we will see if it worked..... hopefully!

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
Bought one of those Alien shades off Amazon for the front. Price and quality Is good. I grew up in Tx and thought i was good w the sun. Here in the front range the sun is a whole different $hit i get burnt w less than one hour of direct exposure lol! Anyway, installed the shade, drove from Castle Rock to Deckers to Kenosha Pass and back last weekend (plenty sun) with only the sunshade. Got home said damn it got sunburned woke up the next day realized most of it was windburn. That’s about a 5 hour in the direct sun drive (total back and forth stopping to pee and coffee and all that). And if you have been in Colorado anywhere near summer you know our sun burns the dog-$hit out of people lol! The shade made a HUGE difference and I have left my front panels off ever since i put the shade on. Ill post pics at some point

Blades

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU sport