RubiconToad

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon - Granite Crystal
Clubs

@RubiconToad - you haven't pulled a National Lampoon Vacation with the bikes on the rack, have you?
Not yet, 10’ 6” is my magic number, does make me a bit nervous.

LearRigh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Grey 2020 JLUS w/ one-touch top
Occupation
Logistician
What is your take on the Bolt hood lock? Easy install? Does it seem to truly lock it down or just keep the honest people honest?
I just installed mine and I can say if you've got the rivet gun handy it is super simple to install and key. I did it while I was waiting for water to boil to make dinner (though I already had the grill off). As far as security, when the hood is locked you can't even get a finger in the gap. I'm sure it can be bypassed, but someone would need to be prepared before-hand to bypass it, which you won't ever stop.

Trauma Jeep

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver Zenith 2024 JLU
What is your take on the Bolt hood lock? Easy install? Does it seem to truly lock it down or just keep the honest people honest?
Super easy instal. The fact that you can key the lock with a simple twist is worth its weight in gold. Unlike the Mopar locking gas cap, which required me to figure out my “key code” by trial and error by inserting different pins. You do need a rivet gun to mount it to your Jeep. I have seen some on Amazon use nuts and bolts , I would worry that it could rattle lose over time, using that method as opposed to rivet. As far as security, it would definitely hamper their efforts and hopefully either draw attention or they give up. It does keep the hood tight to the body, which prevents you from popping the hood release latch. I love this product. I believe they actually make the OEM lock for Mopar.

Last edited: