Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Let me know if you need assistace, im in corona
Thanks for the offer. I will let you know when i get the kit delivered and go through the instructions. it did look to bad at all. i should be able to manage it in a couple hours. I am currently helping a buddy install a 6" lift on a Suzuki samurai. kit is complex but its going to be a bitchen setup when its finished

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah.... I believe you’re right, however, knowing this doesn’t keep it from bugging the crap out of me ,lol. And I can verify that on rk springs, 200 pounds equals 3/8” so this means when I’m low on fuel I’ll be leaning to the driver side.....:facepalm:......................:)
Isn't there a OCDA chapter in your area? I hear they can be very helpful in overcoming making expensive fractional inch changes.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Isn't there a OCDA chapter in your area? I hear they can be very helpful in overcoming making expensive fractional inch changes.
I’ll look into it. thanks. However this was a very cheap but yet therapeutic fractional inch change, being that wrenching is my therapy and the spacer was free......:).

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll look into it. thanks. However this was a very cheap but yet therapeutic fractional inch change, being that wrenching is my therapy and the spacer was free......:).
Wish N Central Florida wasn't so far away from Dallas, I would let you have some therapy under my rig. :giggle:

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the left and right rails for the Trail Rail Management System (TRMS) before I even had a Wrangler. Seemed like they weren't a popular or widely available option, I guess? My 2006 Xterra had a similar system in the cargo area, and I got a lot of use out of it. I was even hoping to re-use parts of it, namely these tie-down rings and cleats:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200526_142544
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200526_142741

I use a big washer with the tie-down, because it's not flat from the threads to the edge. There's a bit of raised area around the threads, but the washer makes it work. The cleat part was designed to be installed with the concave side up, but when I do that with the Jeep, there's not quite enough thread so that they smoothly move through the channel. They clicketly clack, which is not terrible, but I think they work better in the Jeep with the concave side down and no clickety clack.

And now I can re-use the D-rings from the OEM cargo setup with the 6 rear hard-top bolts. Here they are freed from their plastic trim:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200526_143131

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
you can open or close the sky one top at 60mph or slower.

haven't noticed any noise with the back glass open or close with the sky1 top open.

also the front glass does go down
How did you get the front glass down?

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I really like the idea of the sky top, if it was available for the 2 door I probably would have gotten it. But I'm really curious, how does it do going down the highway at 80 mph with it in that configuration? Do you notice anything strange from the back glass being closed, like a buffeting or anything? Also; can you not drop the windshield if you have a sky top?
You can open or close the roof at up to 60mph. I’ve not ever felt any significant buffeting when the roof is open. There’s a wicked vortex that will suck light objects right out of the Jeep. Technically the window can be dropped on Sky One-Touch Jeeps, but the Owner’s manual says don’t do it.

Last edited:

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
Added my new American Adventure Lab LED DRL lights that replaced the factory DRL's. It was a project to say the least (being that I've never installed those before). The passenger side went a bit easier after doing the driver's side first. Fun day!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200517_130225

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20200517_130225
Thought these didn't work on the sport. Have they develop something for sports? Or did you go something to make it work?